Convergys Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

broken promises
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2018
was promised certain things that were not followed trough with impossible expectations and lots of pressure. really hard to deal with the hr and management. training is through and well done but the expectations are to much for what you make hourly
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
expectations to high
This contact centre was an okay environment to be in.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 December 2017
For the most part Convergys worked for me as an employer.
When I initially started training and during my first few months of working there we were provided a way home from work in a stretch limousine. I thought this is the life that an employer would pay for a limousine to take us home.
a very stressful place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS28 September 2017
It is a place of business for someone who has nerves of steel. Myself I am a people person but the stress of the customer's got to me.

and the hours were not favorable to raising a family.
Pros
salary
Cons
schedule
Good
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 July 2017
It was okay working there could have be better. Manger isn't so great, no one knows who doing what at what time, I did appreciate all the hours tho. Thanks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not friendly
Good job, productive workplace
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS3 March 2017
The job was great for hours and income, benefits and stability. The staff was friendly and helpful and the management were respectful, helpful and friendly. I ended up leaving because I decided to take course at nscc to get into a possible higher paying job and better education and opportunity.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly co workers
Convergys
Call center (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS17 February 2017
i was talking incoming phone calls from Wednesday to Sunday.they are flex able for when i was going to school. I was going thought stress
Productive Workplace with great healthy environment
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
• Performed computer operations including Internet and email protocols, connectivity and understanding of Internet Networking, PC and hardware troubleshooting
• Provided information for the installation of office and home networking router configurations
Interesting workplace
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2016
Lots of calls with angry unpleasant customers, you learn to deal with grumpy and angry customers, get different information from different managers, lack of information.
Pros
great benefits, some managers are amazing
Cons
understaffed, lack of communication.
Work place is great
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON18 February 2016
This is a great work place for people who enjoy to sit in a office all day, this job involves help customers with billing issues, billing changes, and welcoming new costumers. all the workers and management are fantastic and helpful.
Great job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON18 February 2016
This is a fantastic job but it is not what I was looking for, this is a job for some who enjoys to sit at a desk all day. I enjoy to move around at work and be involved in the community settings. I do enjoy it there but I hope to find something more community involved
Convergys
Call Centre Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 November 2015
Everyday you walk in and sit down to a large call volume so you're never bored. You take calls and then write notes about the call for future representatives to reference, if you need to speak to your supervisor or Team Leader they are easy to find and helpful. Convergys has a large turn over rate so there are always new people to meet and talk to and every few months it feels like a change over in staff. I did learn about ownership at Convergys which is something that I have taken with me through all of my jobs since. Ownership is important because once you are involved with someone's issue or have taken on a responsibility it is easier and faster for you to complete the job than hand it off to someone else. I also learned that there are many kinds of good and bad customer service. The templates help but a person can figure out what another person wants by listening to their words, voice, tone and so much more.The hardest part was trying to help store front shops who were assisting especially difficult customers but it could be done. The best part was taking the extra step in assisting someone with their issue and making them feel like they had been heard and helped as much as possible.
Pros
Helping 30+ people in a day
Cons
high turnover
Nice place to work as long as you are mobile - Transit sucks
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS4 November 2015
Found if you worked with the management team on a give & take basis they will work to balance the job against your individual needs; you just need to be willing to step up and ask.

Enjoyed working there and was sad to leave friends behind.
get into work, go to lunch room and have coffee with friends, log on, make sure system is set up for optimum efficiency, help clients
Call Centre Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa10 September 2015
large company
provided me with additional training resources
many different people from all walks of life with interesting stories.
Best part of job was the group of friends I developed. We kept each other up to date on opportunities for training opportunities and workshops.
Pros
Courses were available to those interested
Cons
wages
Dependable work
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS7 August 2015
It's a good place to have your 40 hours guaranteed, and health benefits. The management could use some work, it is micromanaging at it's worst. No one is on the same page. Needs better communication.
8 hours on phone and computer
Call center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON19 February 2015
You spend an 8 hour shift on the phone speaking to customers about their cell phone service either resolving billing issues or providing technical support or assisting them with an upgrade to a new phone or a new rate plan and a new phone. There are times when customers call in extremely upset because they went into a store and the store employee was not clear as to what they were getting when they did their upgrade and now they find that they have something they did not want so they are very mad and screaming at you and it's your fault even though you had nothing to do with it.
fun happy environment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 January 2015
if it had not been for me becoming sick during training I would still b employed there
Pros
happy fun and easy to learn
Cons
angry customers calling
Was okay, I guess
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville12 October 2014
Wasn't really something I was as interested in or excelled in. I prefer working with someone in person
Pros
get paid, good hours
Cons
very stressful
Inbound Call Centre
Inbound Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2014
I loved working for this company. Unfortunately they have moved to the Phillipines.
I got along extremely well with my co-workers and management and often my manager received positive reviews from my customers.
This job taught me patience, professionalism and self-motivations to meet quotas in call times.
Received awards every quarter from management.
Pros
Great environment to reach potential.
Cons
The have outsourced to Phillipines.
Productive and fast paced
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON25 July 2014
I was a call center agent for 8 years with this employer. I have several awards for customer service experience. I enjoy helping people and making sure the call/issue is resolved Unfortunately there was no place for me to better myself and the company. There was no room for advancement.
Pros
awards, free lunches, bonus
Cons
no room to advance
ps section
call centre representative (Former Employee) –  halifax10 April 2014
its a job that teaches how to serve customer needs with being understandable that not everyone is up to date with technologies. hardest part is when troubleshooting an issue with customer that have no patient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K