Convergys Employee Reviews

Best Company
Assistant Queue Specialist (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region16 November 2017
Convergys is one of the best company to work. Salary not as high compared with other companies but with convergys you will not feel different. Everybody threat each other as part of a big family. The management is very supportive and is always pro-employee.
Pros
High commission
Get harassed all day for low pay ! :D
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
You make nothing. Management thinks there better then you (HA!). Mediocre training at best. To top it off, you get yelled at by 75% of incoming calls. Only good thing is the chill coworkers that have your back. You're worth more than this place. Get paid for the training and look for another job in the meantime, straight up.
Pros
Cons
Look at the review lol
Aggressive Sales Environment
Inbound Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON14 November 2017
When I started at Convergys it was a customer service based position, since it has become all about sales. People from all positions, and durations of employment have been fired or quit since this transition. If you do not make effective offers and meet sales goals your future with the company will be threatened and this will be done in front of other employees. If you're desperate for a job, apply. If not, move on. They will hire anyone.
Pros
Decent commission for sales
Cons
Almost having to harass customers
HIgh performance expectations, low pay
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 November 2017
As a technical support agent on various lines of business, I found the performance expectations to be very high while the financial compensation was low.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
high performance expectations and low pay
Ok
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS9 November 2017
I worked for stream and it was bought by converges a month befor I left the company. They were trying to change it for the better.

Alot of Changes, many people quit..
A good place to work
reports coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2017
Convergys is a call center that handles incoming calls from the clients customers for tech support for TV, Internet, phone and billing.
i worked for eight months doing tech support before accepting the job as a Reports-coordinator

When i worked at the center there were times when Convergys would
supply breakfast for everyone working that day and provide a meal for the evening crew. Convergys was a productive and fun place to work.
i worked
Pros
free breakfast, free lunches, draws for prizes
Cons
I worked most of my time on various night shifts
Repetitive work
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Looks of impossible time matrixes to fall into. Management was constantly threatening to let you go if you couldn't get metric in line. Bombarded with calls.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fear of losing job of too many long valls
They went out of business
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Convergys Management was good for opening the door for a person who wants to get technical support experience. At the time they would hire anyone and everyone. The company was mismanaged and so they went out of business. The pay wasn't bad and it was good to have this on your resume if you are an I.T. specialist... Otherwise, this job was more of a stepping stone than anything else (if you have high goals)... Company is out of business... No use discussing a company that no longer exists.
Great work environment for Sales incentives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON23 October 2017
Working at convergys brought me to realize sales is not for me. I do love the customer service aspect of it, just can not grasp sales. When I could not do so they made me feel useless to the company. So I have decided that I will try and find a customer service job that does not include pressuring for sales.
Busy, productive work place.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON19 October 2017
A typical day at work would be busy answering concerns of customers as they call in dealing with billing, technical concerns, and managing the details of their accounts with them. I learned to deal with issues in timely manner. Our management dealt with statistics as they came in, advising us of where we stood within the stats and what was expected on daily basis. I enjoyed the interaction with other employees throughout the day and learnt from interactions they had dealt with in past week while in team meetings.
Pros
friendly people to work with, support from other staff members daily.
Cons
stressful job, went from customer service only to service and sales, having to meet sales stats daily.
Awful
Laptop Support Resolutions Desk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 October 2017
they don't exist in Dartmouth anymore! Hooray.
they were a bad company who didn't care about their employees. I'm glad it no longer exists 150 characters
Your Typical Call Center
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 October 2017
Converges is your typical Call Center, you're coworkers are the best part of the company. But any belief they are in for the customer is all company talk. They are out for profit. If you live outside the US, don't expect to move far in the company, they have an artificial ceiling for international employees unless you are willing to move to the US for minimal pay.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Limited Growth, Low pay.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
I worked as website technical support for FedEx. I assisted individuals and organisations in the use of the website and walked them through the website so that they could place their orders to be shipped. At times it was necessary to elevate the client to a more specialized tier for added support in the completion of meeting their needs
Pros
Fantastic management
Cons
The left the city for a new facility
Love it
Product support specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 October 2017
Convergys is a great place to work. They are very accommodating. The u pay a fair wage with guarantee hours and extended health benefits. Great people
Benefits
Cons
Hours can change
Sales agent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS3 October 2017
Answering calls. You learn about people and you get a good laugh with the customers. Working is not like working with agents it's like family. I love that job and would go back if I lived closer. Hardest part of the job was come customers story's and things they were going through.
Great management, friendly environment
DirecTV Loyalty & Customer Retention (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
The staff is very supportive and team oriented. Training and support continues on the production floor. There are many opportunities for additional commissions and bonuses, including additional pay for maintaining and exceeding performance statistics. This company hires form within, making growing with the company very attainable. Continual training to ensure you're always up to date with necessary skills and information for the job. Fast paced, continual change, amazing employees and team managers. Involved with the community and volunteer efforts, weekly events/spirit days. I loved working here.
a very stressful place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS28 September 2017
It is a place of business for someone who has nerves of steel. Myself I am a people person but the stress of the customer's got to me.

and the hours were not favorable to raising a family.
Pros
salary
Cons
schedule
call center
technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS25 September 2017
This is a call center. The environment is fast paced and changes often, but the coworkers and people around you are always supportive. The workplace can be stressful at times but any job can be.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2017
i enjoyed my time working there as my co-workers were great the build of the company is great the work is easy and fun and a fair amount of the staff were helpful
benefits
Closed
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 September 2017
Was a great place to work. Sad that we no longer have a call agency in Lethbridge. Would love to work at one again. People were great and work was always entertaining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.