Convergys Employee Reviews

decent work
Pharmacy educator (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS20 May 2017
I worked on the humana contract. It was fun to talk to the Americans and help them save money. The management could improved on communication skills. My TL was never around when you needed help. It was a lot of self learning on the job.
Textbook Example How Not to Treat Employees
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 May 2017
-liked the work I was doing, liked helping customers resolve technical issues
-spent all day at a desk in front of a computer, with a headset on
-frequent forced overtime and/or half lunch breaks
-six years no pay increases (as Stream; corrected to a degree a couple years before bought by Convergys)
-management (at corporate level certainly, as well as some middle management) has no trust in or respect for employees; for example, rather than permit (sometimes contractually-obligated) access to pen and paper or to printers in cases such as tools outage or for information-sharing on tough issues, employees were denied access to same on the grounds that we were likely to use them to steal from the company; policies became more restrictive as time passed
Pros
indoor work, moderately climate controlled, no lifting
Cons
company culture
Fun. Competive. Reliable
Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON16 May 2017
I enjoyed the people I work with. Always someone eager to help when needed.

I however found it too hard mentally to sit down rather then move around
Pros
Incentives with directv sales and add a line
Cons
Not moving enough
customer care rep
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 May 2017
as a customer care rep it gave me the opportunity to deal with concerns from inbound calls such as billing, sales and upgrades. and to work with others in the field.
Pros
great hours
Cons
job closed down
It was call center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2017
It was call center and had no interest in the works or the work condition and job security was very poor. The place was never cleaned and and chairs were not very good for your and if you were sick to many time you were let go even if you had note from the doctor
Pros
it was a job
Cons
everything
Great atmosphere to work in, terrible job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2017
The great management made this job much better, they offer you help when you need it but aren't very empathetic when it comes to difficult customers. Don't always recognize your strengths but always mention any weakness you may have but they do try to help you get better at your job.
Pros
Cafeteria
stressfull
Phone Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 May 2017
stressful phone support with upset customer
lower pay but ok benefits
good management they do there best follow company process and still help the employees
good people to work with
Most enjoyable part of job
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TIRE II AGENT (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2017
Always meet new people to communicate with and help them solve issues. Come to enjoy the culture with lot of people working with. Fun going out with co-workers after work.
Fun place to work and win prizes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 May 2017
I made a lot of great friends while working here. I learned a lot and there were always lots of prizes to win. The pay was not great and I did not like the hours.
People are great, but the job demands a lot.
Rogers Wireless Small Business Specialist (MSD) (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2017
i didnt mind the job itself at all... the people i worked with were always extremely friends, supportive and helpful. in the end it was the fact that the hours were so crazy while i was going through a rough time in my life so it caused me to miss to much time resulting in my employment being terminated.... the job itself is fine but i do however think that the 4-5 10hour in a row work days for months on end at only $11.25 an hour was a bit much.... i felt like all i ever did was work yet you wouldnt know it by the paychecks i was bringing in.... one day i might give it another go....
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
long hours.
stressful at times
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2017
extremely busy call center , management sometimes ill-equipped, hardest part of the job was being in a queue and no break whatsoever between calls, not enough time to note accounts, enjoyable part was co-workers
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no schedule consistency, long periods with no weekend off
Energetic, passionate area of work
Advanced technical support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 May 2017
Employees would help you succeed on the phone as well as a person. Place was like a big family, but was stressful on calls because of peoples distress.
Good
Customer Service Representative/Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2017
Good environment, people were friendly. Hours were good management were helpful, lots of training. Overall good place to work if your hired. Good luck
Rogers MSD Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS27 April 2017
Working on the Rogers MSD contract my responsibilities entailed helping inbound calling customers who needed to add their Employee discount their Company/Employer has with Rogers. MSD as a business contract I would deal with mostly business customers and the parties on their accounts. I would also have to keep up with the new rules and plans Rogers had to offer and learned to cooperate, negotiate and overall enjoy talking with customers.
Pros
40-44 hours a week
Cons
sore neck
Call Centre
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 April 2017
It was your usual call centre environment. They offer incentives for progressing employees and lots of help on and off the floor. They provide fulfilling training. Years later after working there I still remember the majority of the job. Generous sized and clean cafeteria with covered outdoor smoking area and seating. Secured building. Very secured. The job was overall enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was only when the customer on the other line was out of hand other than that it was great.
Pros
LGBTQ+ friendly
Cons
Grumpy Customers
Very stressful
BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  business specialist24 April 2017
I worked under a very stressed out manager which made working there very hard. Not only do customers yell at you all day and now the management does too- not fun.
Call Center Customent Service Specialist
Inbound Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON24 April 2017
Excellent place to improve customer service skills, multitask, going extra mile and a 100 percent customer satisfaction. Excellent environment, excellent management team.
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 April 2017
i really enjoy working at here just not enough hours lots of new things to learn all the time. easy going company they will help you when every they can for accommodations
Pros
fun
Cons
little hrs
Okay workplace
Technical Support and Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON10 April 2017
The job itself was an okay job consider it was customer care and help desk. It is a job in today's today and age which is more than some places have..
People that work here anr awesome
BOT (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
The people who work at convergys are the only reason I stayed there over 8 years.
Unfortunately after getting taken advantage of one to many times by "management" and being deliberately held back from advancement, I made the informed choice to walk away.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Long hours and managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.