Convergys Employee Reviews

Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement
A great workplace to gain experience with not only technology but people as well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 October 2016
Convergys is a really great place to gain experience and a very good place to learn people skills, the most difficult part of the job would be adapting to the types of customers you come across, eventually it becomes a day to day scenario, you get used to it. Co-workers are very enjoyable to work with, I have not had an issue working with anyone the 2 years I've been there, Management is really well coordinated and easy to work with.
One of the worst employers around
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 October 2016
Avoid working for this company at any cost. They make all kinds of promises, but mistreat you and lie to you constantly.

Consider: When I left, they decided that, instead of paying me out my vacation time, they would send out a collections notice demanding that I pay them! Is that the kind of employer you want to work for?

I could list many other things, but I don't want to be positively identified by them.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. No Pros.
Workplace with room for improvement
Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2016
you answer calls coming in all day shifts can be as long as 10 hours

management can get very rude over small things and they do pick favourites

you will see other staff crying often

you are expected to be on phone right when your shift starts regardless of system errors or "system updates" as they call it

you do not have enough time for your lunch because you have to clock out walk to the kitchen cook/eat then get back and be clocked on for your time back in.

the only time i recommend this place is when someone is in a pinch and really needs it

turnover rate is about 85%

they do activities and staff days but i dont think i makes up for the stuff you put up with on the daily
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning
If you are good with communication skills and like dealing with the public id say yes its for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 September 2016
I liked it at first but this go into 24 bull c%@# is what drives people over the edge. If that stopped then I would think more people would stay there..for every hour you work you have 1 minute bathroom time.I would love to go back but things would have to change
Pros
Good medical.they try to work with your schedule
Cons
Go into 24 for a review a few times a week
the most uncaring company I ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
This company lies. They care nothing about employees. The benefits are expensive. The pay is low and I have not recieved a raise in 8 years. They now will dock your break if you have to go to the bathroom. And they set your breaks about 4 hours apart. So if you have to go to the bathroom within that time you loose part of your break. The job is extremely stressful so breaks are badly needed to regroup. But this company could care less. Always criticizing your work as to them you can never do a good enough job. People please do not work for this company. If you are Canadian and I am they try to make you work according to American labor laws.
. WORST COMPANY EVER. The best thing they can do is pack up and get out of Canada
Pros
non
Cons
they do not care about employees
healthy environment with good and professional co-team workers in the area
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IT Park, Lahug, Cebu city24 October 2016
graveyard shifting is quite fun although tiring but I get along just fine. I learned a lot about business handling/management. the management is very comforting and very supportive especially when I was just starting up. I get along with all my co-workers very well. we have team activities twice in a month which makes us more closer to each other. the hardest part of the job is the language barrier when speaking to some clients over the phone and knowing when to know what type of customers I deal everytime and how to handle difficult situiations. what I enjoyed most in this company is when its pay day and when we are given challenges to push harder for our metrics in order to receive bonuses/incentives.
Pros
free lunches and freebies
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 August 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
great place to work and play (golf)
Operations Manager, Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
typical day was preparing and setting up meals for large golf tournaments

great co-workers great atmosphere

hardest part of job was waiting the long hours to serve the golfers when the tournaments took too long sometimes over 6 hours

loved the staff and the perks of free golf
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Long hours during the summer months
good workplace with supportive staff
Technical support agent and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 November 2016
I started work wit this company in May 2015. when i started i wasn't sure that i can improve my self for interact with the customers. because of the supportive staff as well as with good trainer today i am able to work freely with this company.
Pros
pizza party everyweel
Cons
sitting on chair for long hourd
Productive Workplace with great healthy environment
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
• Performed computer operations including Internet and email protocols, connectivity and understanding of Internet Networking, PC and hardware troubleshooting
• Provided information for the installation of office and home networking router configurations
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 July 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 July 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 August 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt16 July 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
High turnover rate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 October 2016
Stop telling people they will earn 15$ an hour and just give them that and your turnover rate will change for the better ... Thats the only bad thing over there 15$ is an empty promise maybe 5% of ppl get it
Pros
Fun
Cons
pay is too little bills gotta get paid... Take off incentives and pay people better
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice