Convergys Employee Reviews

Mentally destroys young kids entering the job force
Inbound Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Kids coming out of highschool, or even still in highschool think that not many places are hiring and are turned to McDonalds. The thing about these guys is that they just hire new people for a short time, and force you out before a year is up, so they dont have to give you benefits. Lucky if you get 10 hours a week there. Management is also little help and usually rude. If this is your first job, i promise it gets better from here by a long shot
Pros
I cant think of any
Great!
AT&T Mobility Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 26, 2016
Great place to work! Develop good skills with competitive pay and bonuses as well as great benefits.
Management is friendly and go out of their way to help you when you need it!
A good place to work
Technical Support Level (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2016
a good place to work and opportunity grow in your career.

Well organised environment. market leading health benefits.
Pros
wage
Cons
Flexible
One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2016
Like a hive of ants, one worker gets crushed there is always another to take his/her place. Management lied about performance to avoid paying benefits. Had to pay $25 a week to get home from work.
Pros
Finally got benefits
Cons
Contentious co-workers who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice
LOVE this company.
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
sometimes I wish I never left the company to move across Canada I had it sooo good at Convergys. I was getting benefits, extremely good pay and I loved the group of people i worked with my team was awesome...plus, you cant beat the fun and laid back atmosphere of work, I felt like I was at home.
Pros
benefits, the "family" atmosphere, and employee recognition programs.
Cons
long hours, rude clients, hours of work.
Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
MY LIFE AT CONVERGYS
SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  BELLEVILLE ONTARIOOctober 14, 2015
I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALLOWED ME TO GROW, BY ALLOWING ME TO LEARN FROM OWN MISTAKES. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE MANAGER WHO TOOK ME FROM BEING A VERY SHY , HAVING NO FAITH IN MYSELF , TO BEING ABLE TO RUN A QUEUE OF 75 PEOPLE ON MY OWN.

THAT HOWEVER CANNOT BE SAID FOR ALL MANAGERS AT CONVERGYS , THE REASON I AM LOOKING FOR MORE WORK IS BECAUSE OF MY CURRENT MANAGER . I AM TIRED I BEING TREATED LIKE I AM IN GRADE SCHOOL.
BENEFITS
Cons
UPPER MANAGEMENT DON'T CARE
Challenging and demanding job for so-so pay
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 5, 2015
Interesting work. I learned a lot and appreciate the training efforts made. However, the pay and benefits offered are less than the job is worth. Also, it's a very 1984 work environment where you are electronically monitored every second of every day. Staff is continuously rated and shift selection depends on ratings. This puts pressure on you if you are not naturally suited to the situation. As with any job that deals with the public, especially considering telephone anonymity, you get calls from impatient, rude and hostile people. If you're not used to that, it can be very unsettling. While efforts are made to provide technical support to staff, it is primitive, disorganized and incomplete. Tricks of the trade are often learned by asking each other which means some get important information and some don't. All-in-all, if you are well suited to the job, it can be fine. If you struggle with some aspects, you will stress out and fail.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Strict 1984-style monitoring
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 26, 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
A positive and upbeat work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 25, 2015
This job teaches me a lot about how the telecommunications industry works. It also requires that I be the absolute best that I can be in providing superior customer service. This job comes with the requirement of continuous training and also provides a group of supportive and friendly team leaders and co-workers.
Pros
Stable employment & Benefits
Cons
Little room for upward career mobility
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 23, 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 8, 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
Cons
HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
Management loves to hold grudges
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 25, 2016
Last worked here in 2013. Had been there appox. 6months, Left to accept a Gov't term position which paid a lot more (who wouldn't do that, really?)

Term position ended late 2015, so I figured I'd re-apply - I'd left in what I though was amicable circumstances. Phoned and was told I could not return as management had listed me as not eligible for re-hire. "Why?" I ask. "They don't want to take a risk on you leaving again." Ridiculous. I know for a fact they have regularly rehired terrible agents, in some cases those who were TERMINATED, yet allowed back due to having buddies there who are supervisors. Corrupt AF. The day this place shuts its doors for good, I'll do a moonwalk in front of the main entrance.
Pros
Good coworkers, liked the customers
Cons
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 2, 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2015
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, bad scheduling
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  londonJune 9, 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list