- Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups. Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and makes adjustments according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by all banquet operating departments making for a successful meeting/event experience for the meeting/event planner and attendees. Maintains constant communication with the Sales and Marketing department as it applies to the client .
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications. Communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel to ensure smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a training plan to ensure a high quality presentation and level of customer service within the banquet service/function service staffs.
- Manage, in conjunction with the culinary team, the inventory, control and breakage/loss reduction of china, glass and silver as it relates to event services and banquet services.
- Works closely to achieve weekly/monthly operational goals as set out by management
- Hospitality Certification or relevant education preferred
- Proven employment experience managing and coordinating events in a banquet setting
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office Suite and computer savvy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Exceptional customer service standards and high expectations for quality
- Strategic planner with ability to motivate and inspire a team, organize and perform duties with minimal supervision, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work in an environment where work flow is coordinated with other team members
- Exercise independent judgment and make decisions under stress due to a high volume of activities and deadlines
- Communicate diplomatically with a wide range of people
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with merchants, vendors and sponsors
Interested applicants may apply by forwarding their resume and covering letter outlining their qualifications and experience via email by September 10th.
Indeed - 6 months ago