Our client is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. They are currently looking to hire a Senior Project Manager (Facilities) on a long term contract basis.
This position is a senior contract role responsible for all aspects of facilities project management with a focus on executing and\or overseeing the following activities: preliminary project investigation; project engineering, procurement and design; project construction and project safety. In addition, this role will be responsible for implementing and using processes and systems (including technology) to support project work, as well as supporting the Business Development group through due diligence work related to acquisitions and growth capital opportunities.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; the focus will be on external and internal major projects as well as sustaining and growth capital projects
- Oversee the creation of, forecasting, tracking and managing of project budgets and schedules
- Create and manage documents and related processes
- Ensure project controls are in place; Track and report project costs and schedule performance appropriately
- Manage internal and external project communications ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables; Oversee and direct project team to meet defined deliverables
- Develop detailed project scope adhering to the program management structure
- Continuously improve project processes and systems
- Provide direction to consultants and project personnel for engineering, construction and commissioning
- Ensure Contractors are adhering to company safety programs while meeting deliverables on site.
- Ensure preventative maintenance practices are followed and identify opportunities for improvement in preventative maintenance
- Use all appropriate IT systems that support project work; create baseline schedules and manage project timelines; continuous improvement of project processes and systems; assist in the development of design standards
- Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Resident status
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- PMP Certification is an asset
- Significant oilfield facilities and overall field experience is preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the managing of projects and preventative maintenance practices
- Familiarity with regulatory submissions for Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan (AER, BCOGC, SERM) is preferred
- Advanced level computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, Visio, MS Project, Peoplesoft and Primavera
- Ability to travel to the field locations is a requirement for this role