Contech Enterprises – Victoria Advanced Technology Council’s Technology Company of the Year – has an immediate opening in our oceanfront office for an ambitious and adventurous Electrical Hardware/Software Engineer. If you can diagnose it, fix it, dream it, build it…we want to meet you.
Who we are…
We are an outgoing and welcoming team that seeks and values ambition, energy and motivation. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are a must, as is a proven record of success.
Headquartered at Fisherman’s Wharf in beautiful Victoria, BC, Contech develops, manufactures and distributes innovative and environmentally-friendly products for our garden, pet, forestry and agriculture customers. Recent acquisitions have added offices in Vancouver, BC, Grand Rapids, MI, Vista, CA and Perth-Andover, NB. Our long-term strategy is growth through innovation, acquisitions, and by continuing to build a world-class team.
Contech offers a competitive compensation package including bonus opportunities, profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, stock options and a truly exceptional working environment.
Who we are looking for…
You are a motivated, creative, problem solver with an innate ability to think on your feet and work independently. You are a team player – with a proven track record of contributing professionally and personally to your workplace. You have a passion for technology, innovation and creating things in new and unique ways.
What you will do (project-based)…
- Develop, manage and modify low volume, high throughput production test equipment
- Develop and prototype new products
- Be involved in all stages – from concept to first production runs - of product development
- Perform cost-down or redesign of existing products
What you will do (day-to-day)…
- Ensure that production and test equipment is in optimal working order
- Work closely with offshore manufacturers to diagnose, manage and resolve production issues
- Provide technical product support to customer service and sales
Must haves (key skills)…
- Minimum 4 year engineering degree or recognized 2 year technology diploma
- 5+ years in hardware/software engineering
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in fast-paced environment
- Experience with microcontroller software development in C and assembly using several platforms
- Knowledge of schematic capture using Altium/Protel or similar
- Knowledge of source code control using RCS
- Experience with mixed signal PCB design
- Experience with shop equipment – including mills, lathes, etc.
- Experience designing and developing production test plans for high-volume consumer products
- Background in project management, task-tracking and project time estimates
- Experience debugging analog, digital and software systems
- Experience in root cause/failure analysis
- Experience interacting with offshore manufacturers
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Experience designing 4+ layer PCB boards
- Experience hand-soldering low volume SMT PCBs
- Experience with IT management
Closing date: July 20, 2012