We are seeking a dynamic individual with excellent verbal and written skills to join our team in Toronto as a software support professional serving end users throughout North America.
The successful candidate will be responsible for direct end user client support, including the remote troubleshooting, installation, configuration and maintenance of our software applications and related peripherals in the Windows environment. In addition to your primary support role, you will also be expected to test applications and assist in developing, and maintaining application Help documentation. Applicant must be able to work flexible hours and off-hours support is occasionally required.
This is a contract position with the potential for a longer term position with the company.
Essential skills that you bring to the role:
- Must possess excellent English communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and commitment to providing exceptional service to our end-users (clients).
- Ability to manage time effectively (multi-task) and prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail. Must work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Superior problem-solving skills by gathering information and evaluating options.
- Autonomy and demonstrated ability to work independently and/or with a team.
- Help desk, IT or field diagnostic support experience.
- Solid understanding of Windows operating systems.
- Competency with SQL, TCP/IP and Windows security is required.
- Basic LAN knowledge, including Active Directory, Ethernet protocols, hubs, switches, TCP/IP, and network security and configuration.
- Minimum of 3 year Diploma / Degree in IT related programs or equivalent education and experience.
- Provide timely and efficient support and training for support calls for new and existing end-user (client) installations.
- Use remote control software to remotely access, diagnose and resolve software support incidents.
- As first point of contact, resolve software support incidents and/or escalate call as appropriate.
- Log support cases in an online help desk system in such a manner that other support representatives are fully able to determine current call status and resume support of subsequent calls.
- Develop and maintain application support material and help documentation for inclusion in current/future software releases.
- Perform testing on software applications developed by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with Madcap Flare or other help creation software tools is an asset.
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of PC hardware and peripherals, such as document scanners, printers, hard disks, etc.
- Experience with Cheque/Document Management Applications.
- Programming experience in VB, VC++ and .Net is a definite asset.
Compensate: salary commensurate with qualifications
To apply, send your resume and cover letter (in word or pdf format) by email with 'Technical Support Rep' in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact Innovations Inc. is a developer of imaging and eDocument management solutions.