Contac Services Inc. is a global, multi-disciplinary leader specializing in one to one data driven communication and supply chain management. Contac blends its full suite of products and services with state of the art technology to provide completely integrated solutions that give clients winning and measurable results. In its 35th year of business, Contac provides a comprehensive range of products and services to major brands around the world through its mywurld™, supply chain management, online marketing, and travel technology platforms, building brand and customer loyalty.
Today Contac provides the highest quality production, lowest cost and fastest distribution of marketing solutions to major brands around the world. Headquartered in Vancouver, B.C., Contac has facilities in Toronto as well as Montreal. Our goal is to continue to develop and expand both our Company and our people. We are currently seeking a Web Designer to join the Vancouver based team.
Candidate will be responsible to research, design, develop and produce internet and intranet sites. The Web Designer designs and constructs web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques. Maintains and provides ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials and custom chat launcher design for partners.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the web site
- Create and optimize content for web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate should possess a particular skill set including the following:
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of web specific design experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Flexibility to work on call, unusual hours or extended shifts when necessary
- Ability to take responsibility and complete work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle sometimes stressful work environment in a professional manner
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with search engine optimization, email blasts, Adobe Creative Suite and cascading style sheets
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio design environment, ASP.NET and Sorenson Squeeze would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of .NET developing and possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a significant design component or completion of a college program in computer science or graphic design. A portfolio of past design work is essential.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a free gym membership.
If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please follow all steps below. All information requested, must be filled and sent to careers at contacservices.com in order to be considered.
- Please send your resume along with a portfolio and/or live links of design work created in the last two years.
- Indicate your salary requirements
- Specify which website you saw our ad for employment
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA (International applicants must be eligible to work in Canada)
To find out more about Contac Services, please visit www.contacservices.com