A Consulting Engineering firm with offices in Ontario requires a Software/Hardware Technician to work with the IT team at its administrative office in Toronto. A car is required as the job may involve some traveling to branch offices within Ontario. As a member of the team, the Software/Hardware Technician is responsible for supporting current applications and network infrastructure. You will be expected to serve as the primary contact for troubleshooting existing application problems, desktop computer hardware/software problems, and will aid in network system administration. The Hardware/Software Technician will work as part of a team to provide high quality service to various groups throughout company by following standards, policies and best practices.
- Hardware Troubleshooting / Hands On
- Network Administration
- Jr. Programmer Support tasks
- 2 years professional hardware / software experience or college degree
- Experience in hardware troubleshooting.
- Windows network administration in a domain environment
- Desire to develop software
- Effectively communicate with co-workers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of software and hardware problems
- Knowledge of Window’s network administration
- Experience programming VB .Net, ASP .Net and MS SQL server 2008 a plus
Indeed - 5 months ago