For over forty-three years, Melmart has been helping to create beautiful spaces by distributing a wide array of flooring products in Ontario, Quebec, and recently, Atlantic Canada. We continue to be focused on making the finest brands in flooring available in our marketplace, driven by a deep commitment to operational excellence, and perhaps most importantly, a passion for creating a uniquely positive customer experience.
We are currently seeking the best of the best for two (2) immediate full time openings in our Mississauga location:
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (2)
The Bilingual Customer Service Representative provides a "legendary" customer service experience to our customers and supports the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner. The primary function of this position would be to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction are maintained. The key objectives are to develop and recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department as a whole. This position will report to the Customer Service Manager, within the scope of your role, you will:
- Answer phones to place orders, fax/email /Internet orders, general customer inquiries, scheduling shipping, return authorizations and tactfully manage customer complaints.
- Project and embody a professional image through all interactions with our customers by being courteous and polite.
- Answer phones and respond to customer requests by always ensuring that quality service is provided to both internal and external customers.
- Enter customer order(s) in computer system, provide customers with product and service information and transfer customer calls to appropriate staff.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the computer system.
- Follow-up on customer inquiries, research short shipments/over shipments, call customers when product arrives and provide product delay notifications.
- Conduct stock checks online at available mills, assist customers at pick up counter and proactively recommend process improvements.
- Stay abreast of product knowledge and new promotions/initiatives.
- General filing and clerical duties include maintaining assigned customer accounts and reconciliation of old orders/returns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A College degree in Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years of progressive customer service experience, preferably in a call centre environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, trouble shoot, multi-task and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in French, both written and verbal.
- Strong prioritization skills, sense of urgency and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Proficient reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Strong technical skills (proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn customer service software applications.
- Polished and professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 30 wpm.
- A reliable vehicle for means of transportation.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of an organization dedicated to responsibly preserving and protecting the world around us, and supporting many charities doing great work locally, nationally, and internationally
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have a say in the Company’s success.
- Receive a competitive compensation package including salary and comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits plan
If you love variety and a challenge, this is the career for you. We can’t wait to have you join our team!
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via email. Please indicate the title of the position in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.
Indeed - 6 months ago