Constellation Brands Employee Reviews

The Best Wine Company
Transportation and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2017
Enjoyable work place and very friendly people. Lots of opportunity for growth. Numerous programs to educate and learn. Very helpful co-workers and always willing go the extra mile.
Pros
Wine Samples
Cons
Great opportunity for beginner management training
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON4 March 2017
Overall good place to work. Management is demanding. High pressure sales and strict mandatory work schedule. Team building and training available. Opportunity to hire your own staff.
Pros
Wine issues. Giftcards, bonuses
Cons
On feet for long periods, no breaks, inflexible work schedule
entreprise en constante évolution
représentant-marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Rougemont, QC3 March 2017
Le domaine du vin est très compétitif. On évolue constamment dans notre facon de faire les chose, de vendre et de présenter nos produits.

On apprend à tout les jours et on s'ajuste ce qui rends le travail intéressant et passionnant.
Pros
évolution constante
Cons
prend quelque fois du temps à s'ajuster
Digital Media Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2017
Passionate people, fun industry to work within. Very large stable of brands offers some very unique and interesting challenges, but also keeps things fresh and varied. Lots of talented people work there and it shows in the quality of execution. My role requires wearing many hats which to me is a huge bonus but might not be to others.
Pros
Their collection of brands, great people.
Fun environment
Vineyard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC21 October 2016
Its a fast paced work place with the opportunity to work out in the sun and enjoy the fresh air while you work away in the orchards. Definitely a place I would recommend to others.
not a fun work place
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 October 2016
If you don't have a life, this is the place for you. Upper management frowns upon having a second job but are not willing to give more hours. There are so many rules you feel like you're working for a secret government agency. Not a fun place.
Pros
free wine
Cons
low pay
Management and Operations were excellent. Too bad our margins were too low.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2016
Loved the job and the Supervisor.We're dissapointled our margins were too low. We were told we were being closed down because of this.
Alan Burns.
Pros
Discount on wine kits bought.
Cons
Insufficient margins
Hostile environment Managment heavy handed.
Prodution line worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 May 2016
Poorly managed production team.Never know what product is running until last minute.Head winemaker has no clue how to run a commercial winery(very large volume).Production manager is very heavy handed and is a spiteful individual.Company does not follow Collective agreement and this causes a lot of friction on the shop floor.Workers feel they get no respect from Management.Management running place into the ground.We are supposed to be the largest Winery in Canada but are run like a Mickey Mouse operation.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
toxic work environment between staff and management
Terrible place to work.
Wine merchant (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON13 April 2016
Management is terrible. If there's an issue the manager doesn't address it with the person, instead she talks about those people behind their back to other merchants and customers. Instead of trying to talk to that merchant about what is being done wrong, she reduces your hours and makes you feel uncomfortable in the store until you are forced to quit. A lot of the times you are alone in the store and you cannot go to the washroom. Most company policies aren't followed, such as two merchants are supposed to be in the store during load, which is when we receive our order of wine for that week, due to safety reasons. There is never more than one person in the store during that time. There is no wine allowance. All we get is wine issues which are chosen by the company and we have to fill out a homework sheet on it and if the manager doesn't like you, she will take your issue home without telling you. The wage is not competitive, it's only .25 cents over the minimum wage which doesn't really make a difference. Its an extremely boring job and the company is terrible. You have to work a minimum 5.5 hour shift to get a break. Anything under that you don't get anything. All this company does is take advantage of you. They also don't tax you properly and when you ask for additional tax to be taken off, you get ignored and end up paying a lot of money when you have to do your taxes for that year.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, can't go to the washroom, management is terrible, slow paced
Dynamic and challenging place to work
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON10 March 2016
Wonderful opportunity to build upon my skill set, and learned a wide range of new skills through the many and varied experiences in this hospitality & retail environment. Enjoyed my 7 years there!
Great place to work with little upward advancement opportunities
Global Category Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2016
Company has great work life balance, they pay well and the people for the most part are hard working and friendly.

The executive level is lean and there is little room for advancement. Those that do get promoted tend to be favored at the top - rather than performance driven.
Pros
Salary, Work Life Balance
Cons
Very Political, No room for advancement
progressive company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2015
Since the takeover by Constellation it has put allot of progressive programming into the work environment. In my territory travel was very extensive.I worked with a great team that was very supportive to each other.
it was was fun place to work and get to interact with others
Wine Merchant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 August 2015
- I would open the store and count my cash
- Get the product set up for display
- Make sure all products were in the right spot with the labels showing
- Get samples ready
- Answer any questions that costumers had about a product
- Try and up sell a product
- Communicate with my co worker when they come in for their shift
- Stock product and count the stock that we have left in the back
- Fill out order sheets
- Count the cash at the end of my shift and keep all debits and visa receipts for records for management
Avoid if you can; they cut your working hours and under pay you!
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 July 2015
I was temping in R J Spagnols, Kitchener for 10 days to cover for a sick worker. I must say that fellow employees are a better than the usual crowd you expect meeting in factory settings. Working hours from 7 AM till 5:30 PM (10 hour days). They don't have a clock in machine, rather, if you're not at your work station at 7 AM sharp, they cut 15 minutes pay from your pay!!! The wine making kits line has to operate from 7 till 5.30 with no stoppage. A perm comes and takes over from you for the 2 breaks and 1 lunch break. You keep working most of the times beyond 5.30 PM. If you have other arrangements like what happened to me once, the production manager didn't like it at all. Next day, I was 10 mins late for the morning shift because of an early morning accident on the 401 and I commute from Guelph. The same day, a worker asked me to stay beyond 5.30 PM to finish the batch. I accepted, I inquired about payment, he informed me that they round up the overtime minutes if less that 15, to 15 mins. Next day, the manager himself asked me to stay beyond 5.30, for which I accepted and stayed for 30 mins.
However, much to my amazement, when I got the email that informs me about the hours I worked, I noticed that they cut 30 minutes from my overtime pay. I emailed the manager, only to inform me that I've been late twice (which is a lie) as I was late only once and @ 7.10 precisely, I was there on my work station! What does he do? He forwards the email thread to the temp agency that gave me the assignment, compalining about me that I was twice late. So, I remembered, that on Wednesday
  more... morning, I had to urinate before my work shift started, this entailed a delay of 1 minute only from being physically at my work station. The management considered it another delay and cut 15 minutes from my already measly pay of $12 Hr!!!
what happened to this world? is there no compassion for hard working people any more? Management spend their day sitting down on their desks in an AC room, while us workers, have to sweat it out on the shop floor as they're too tight to invest in an AC system for their workers on the shop floor!
This experience left a bad taste in my mouth, and made me realize how some companies treat their workers (especially temps) as slaves, R J Spagnols Kitchener is one of those companies. Avoid if you can, unless you like to be stripped of your hard earned money!!!!
Pros
Relaxed and good work colleagues
Cons
Ruthless management who cares none about temps
Horrible work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 May 2015
The company says they care for your work life balance, but in reality they pile on work hours and have unreasonable demands. The pay is not up to par for what they demand, and they do not pay overtime. You're replaceable to them. They take 2 quarters to pay you your bonus and when you do get perks, it's a company gift card that you have to pay taxes on. Unless you don't have a family and want to live for the company, I don't recommend working here.
Pros
Paid breaks, wine.
Cons
Horrible hours, horrible management.
never boring
Key holder and Guest service associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON6 May 2015
It was a great place to work for a student, lots of different skills needed and used to work in this environment. Lots of new things to learn, great job for a "people person"
Run fast!
store manager (Former Employee) –  kingston, on4 April 2015
Worst company i have ever worked for. Middle management bully and try to make stafff do illegal things such as serve alcohol off site to try "boosting sales" micro managed and have little regard for family life. If you like constant harrassment and never having another long weekend then this is the job for you. They promise bonus but it is paid out 6-9 months after the quarter ends.

Ive never witnessed such a poorly run company. Hopefully they will all be closed due to grocery stores being able to sell wine and beer.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
bullying, harrassment, lying middle management, broken promises, unrealisitic goals
Run away
sales person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa26 March 2015
The company is so badly managed. It's to bad because they have a great product and great sales people, but the management and middle management is ruining the company. Pay is awful for the liability, they like to push the law and this puts their staff at risk.They bully, and the worst management rise to the top and the competent get fired or quit. Great customers, nice stores, its too bad the company is run so badly.
Pros
usually the co workers if your lucky
Cons
middle management who treat all like garbage
Great opportunity for growth for those driven.
Store Manager,Training Manager, Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Barrie (varied-Toronto up to Orillia12 January 2015
Watched this company grow, from a manger perspective the life work balance was very difficult however, a rewarding job. Love working with the public and this job provided such opportunities daily.
Pros
great upper management
Cons
minimal life/work balance
Good First Job
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC23 December 2014
-Drama with co-workers
-Not challenging
-Lots to do in 8 hours
-Not well managed
-Not up to date equipment
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Not challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Constellation Brands. Our community is ready to answer.