ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company
Sustainable Development Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2014
ConocoPhillips is a good place to work and they hire good people.
Busy, Busy and Stressful
Document Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
The team I manage I a great, well defined team. It's very busy all the time not much time for training or career development
Great company to work for
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  conklin abApril 11, 2014
The people I worked with were very professional and I had great support.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
season very very short
Great Company
Project Controls Analyst (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray AlbertaSeptember 19, 2014
Great company overall. Worked as a contractor, employee would be better
No Issues
HSE Advisor, Frontier Medex (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayJuly 27, 2014
No issues. Worked in delineation and construction projects
Pros
work environment good
Cons
some long hours
Good Values and culture
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2012
Co-workers are great, nice environment. Many people on the management and HR teams don't value their long term employees.
fun
Office Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2013
great employees, fun enviroment. Great vision. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. Someone is always there to help you out.
lots of new things to learn, nice accomodation
Piping Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Challenging, nice mangement. good cooperation of co-workers, nice teamwork
Great Place to work
Windows 7 Scheduling Release Manager / Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2013
I was exposed to great Project Managment processes and a great team.
Awesome place to work!!!!!
Yellow Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 21, 2013
Very nice camp with your own bathroom which is a plus and the staff and food are A1
Look forward to returning.
Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Conklin, Ab.March 7, 2013
Great Co. super safety conscious, top notch supervision,,,,
great place to work safe and organized
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 16, 2015
• With years experience as a Construction Supervisor/ Coordinator and assisting Project Management i really would like to take this knowledge and use it about this company.
• Working closely under the guidance and direction of the Project Manager to learn systems and methods.
• Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
• Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
• i would Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
• i Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise the Superintendent of the status of
RFIs.
• Obtain quotations for Notices of Change,Maintain and update the Shop
Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
• Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including
warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
• Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with
company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
• Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built
documents.
• Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to
resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
• Support construction work as required.
• Understand and perform document control functions in accordance
  more... with on site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
• Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
• Present oneself as a great experience at surmount 2
Pros
great pay
Cons
travel to work was dreadful
Okay job if but don't make a mistake
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Western CanadaJuly 29, 2012
ConocoPhillips is your typical American big oil company with lots of policies, processes and bureaucracy. Benefits and salary are middle of the pack as they do surveys of their competitors as they don’t want to be leader or last place. I worked for them and the heritage companies they bought out for over 20 years. I progress up the ladder to a front line supervisor position, which required a lot of hard work, extra hours and sacrifices of my family time. However I did receive extra bonuses for exceptional performance, including one given to only the top 2% performers. Over the years I saw co-workers let go and found to survive in this company was to be a “yes” man. I did make a lot of friends and business contacts and a few years back I took a 6 week vacation. During this time my e-mail filled up with dirty jokes from these individuals as it the oil patch. A short time after returning to work I received a phone call one morning not to report to work as I was terminated for cause for storing inappropriate material on my company computer. I didn’t have a chance to clean up my email and was caught during a routine corporate scan. Probably by an outside consultant with a software package that didn’t look at the source of ethnic violation. Head office terminated myself and 5 other co-workers without appeal or the benefit of doubt. I’m sure if local management was involved we would have received a reprimand which would have corrected our email habits and given the same consideration as the alcoholics, drug addicts, incompetent staff I’ve seen over the years get away with murder. I  more... thought of fighting this in court but after seeing other former employees try this action and fail against Conoco’s law huge team and years of litigation decided not to. Thanks to the managerial and operational experience, plus the expensive training I’d received at ConocoPhillips over the years. I landed a better paying rewarding job with a rival oil company with a decent electronic firewall that stops all the inappropriate emails and Google searches.  less
Pros
better than most companies
Cons
poor life and work balance, expected to donate extra hours