ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2013
Fun and professional group of people to work with. Lots of opportunity for advancement and mentoring always available.
Pros
positive feedback and people. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Cons
long drive to the elmworth gas plant!
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2013
Conoco provides a safe work place. I drilled multileg directional wells for observation purposes. Reported with wellview and morning confrence calls to management.
Look forward to returning.
Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Conklin, Ab.March 7, 2013
Great Co. super safety conscious, top notch supervision,,,,
Awesome place to work!!!!!
Yellow Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 21, 2013
Very nice camp with your own bathroom which is a plus and the staff and food are A1
fun
Office Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2013
great employees, fun enviroment. Great vision. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. Someone is always there to help you out.
Fun productive environment - great experience for a summer student
Integrated Operations Technologist Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaJanuary 3, 2013
Great place to work with a very dynamic team of individuals. I was able to grow by being challenged with new tasks and learning about many different aspects of a technologists role within the Red Deer/ Eckville office.
Fun and productive workplace.
Camp maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 29, 2012
Excellent but there isn't enough hours to dispense. Learned many aspect of time management, workplace structure, meeting deadlines, and meeting new faces.
Poor Management and low Employee Morale
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Central AlbertaNovember 15, 2012
Managers either Micro Manage or ignore you all together. Depends who you are buddies with in the office and managment as to how for you get with the company. Its obvious to everyone that certain managers are getting kick backs from contractors for steady work. They do not support local business, they drive the small local guys out and bring in bigger companies(almost like they are paid to do this) Office staff gets catered meals multiple times a week and a fully stocked kitchen, and the field staff gets a water cooler. They always pin the blame on someone, even when they say as a company they do not do this.
Pros
not many
Cons
you give what you got and they take what they can
Good Values and culture
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2012
Co-workers are great, nice environment. Many people on the management and HR teams don't value their long term employees.
Great work environment, easy access to train/bus and enjoyed working alongsiide my colleagues.
Junior Mineral Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2012
I was placed at ConocoPhillips on a six week practicum. Before the end of my practicum, I was offered a six month contract. Great company!
Pros
team building workshops
Busy, Busy and Stressful
Document Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
The team I manage I a great, well defined team. It's very busy all the time not much time for training or career development
Okay job if but don't make a mistake
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Western CanadaJuly 29, 2012
ConocoPhillips is your typical American big oil company with lots of policies, processes and bureaucracy. Benefits and salary are middle of the pack as they do surveys of their competitors as they don’t want to be leader or last place. I worked for them and the heritage companies they bought out for over 20 years. I progress up the ladder to a front line supervisor position, which required a lot of hard work, extra hours and sacrifices of my family time. However I did receive extra bonuses for exceptional performance, including one given to only the top 2% performers. Over the years I saw co-workers let go and found to survive in this company was to be a “yes” man. I did make a lot of friends and business contacts and a few years back I took a 6 week vacation. During this time my e-mail filled up with dirty jokes from these individuals as it the oil patch. A short time after returning to work I received a phone call one morning not to report to work as I was terminated for cause for storing inappropriate material on my company computer. I didn’t have a chance to clean up my email and was caught during a routine corporate scan. Probably by an outside consultant with a software package that didn’t look at the source of ethnic violation. Head office terminated myself and 5 other co-workers without appeal or the benefit of doubt. I’m sure if local management was involved we would have received a reprimand which would have corrected our email habits and given the same consideration as the alcoholics, drug addicts, incompetent staff I’ve seen over the years get away with murder. I  more... thought of fighting this in court but after seeing other former employees try this action and fail against Conoco’s law huge team and years of litigation decided not to. Thanks to the managerial and operational experience, plus the expensive training I’d received at ConocoPhillips over the years. I landed a better paying rewarding job with a rival oil company with a decent electronic firewall that stops all the inappropriate emails and Google searches.  less
Pros
better than most companies
Cons
poor life and work balance, expected to donate extra hours
Great work experience in oil and gas with great people
Joint Venture/ Operated Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2012
My work experiences at ConocoPhillips Canada certainly enhanced me to gain insight oil and gas business practices. I have an overall understanding of capital control as a function within an Oil and Gas company and the process of capital reporting and its impact on financial results.

I have successfully performed my strong analytical and financial accounting skills with expertise in SAP by resolving partner disputes and by clearing all past due operated joint venture receivables. I have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders, along with strong MS Office skills to provide accounting support as they need.
Pros
flexible working hours
Large company with safety focus
Drafting (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2012
-A lot of adminstrative systems go through in order to get work done.
-Work is plentiful but lacking detail.
-Good co-workers; difficulty with management.
-The pay is very competitive with good benefits for staff.
-Very flexible with time off.
-Ability to work independently to get job done.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management and changes are extremely slow