ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in Canada

Safe and respectful work environment
Instrumentation Engineering Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
I was fortunate to be their 2014 Instrumentation Engineering Summer Student and I found it was an invaluable experience in my young career. I enjoyed going to work each day knowing I was part of a team that was safe, respectful, and team orientated.
Pros
great company
Working Quality Fiber Optic Install of over 60km
Quality Lead / TO Coordination (Current Employee) –  Surmont 2, Chemco ElectricMarch 25, 2014
A normal day will be a review of contractor & sub-contractor documents. Normal problem solving during the day. Prepare the heading section of check sheets for field fill in. Review and Track any returned check sheets Transfer to clean copy, scan & file. Visit work area for fiber install. Note an issues that are observed and contact appropriate individual / 's for a solve to the issue. Update for Logs for Transmittal,RFI, NCR. Search and review of new information released by client. Forward this information to the PM for approval. Etc.
They Have your Back
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ABApril 10, 2015
Amazing group to work for, management have your back 100%, they are very encouraging to talk to and deal with, are friendly and easy going
Poor Management and low Employee Morale
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Central AlbertaNovember 15, 2012
Managers either Micro Manage or ignore you all together. Depends who you are buddies with in the office and managment as to how for you get with the company. Its obvious to everyone that certain managers are getting kick backs from contractors for steady work. They do not support local business, they drive the small local guys out and bring in bigger companies(almost like they are paid to do this) Office staff gets catered meals multiple times a week and a fully stocked kitchen, and the field staff gets a water cooler. They always pin the blame on someone, even when they say as a company they do not do this.
Pros
not many
Cons
you give what you got and they take what they can
Great work experience
Asset & Operating Integrity Summer student (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 26, 2013
A calm atmosphere that was competitive and efficiency orientated at the same time. I spent over a month training and learning the dynamics of the Asset and Operating Integrity team (Grande Prairie, AB). I spent most of my time around compressor and well sites (mostly gas wells) tagging and checking equipment, mainly pressure safety valves. I also worked along with the head pipeline coordinator to discover pipeline wall loss growth through smart pig logs on excel documents. This led to myself giving the coordinator specific locations and lengths of pipeline which required repair. My time at ConocoPhillips was all that I expected and more to say the least, they gave me a great start to my career in the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work experience in oil and gas with great people
Joint Venture/ Operated Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2012
My work experiences at ConocoPhillips Canada certainly enhanced me to gain insight oil and gas business practices. I have an overall understanding of capital control as a function within an Oil and Gas company and the process of capital reporting and its impact on financial results.

I have successfully performed my strong analytical and financial accounting skills with expertise in SAP by resolving partner disputes and by clearing all past due operated joint venture receivables. I have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders, along with strong MS Office skills to provide accounting support as they need.
Pros
flexible working hours
Lunch and Learn
MOC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2013
ConocoPhillips Canada is simply the best and excellent in all manner.
All employees are helpful to each other .
The latest facility for meeting and presentation
Employing latest technology in the process
Friendly environment
typical day is efficient, productive.
I learn cooperation and coordination and learn diet control too!
Most enjoyable after completing the assigned work
Large company with safety focus
Drafting (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2012
-A lot of adminstrative systems go through in order to get work done.
-Work is plentiful but lacking detail.
-Good co-workers; difficulty with management.
-The pay is very competitive with good benefits for staff.
-Very flexible with time off.
-Ability to work independently to get job done.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management and changes are extremely slow
Fun productive environment - great experience for a summer student
Integrated Operations Technologist Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaJanuary 3, 2013
Great place to work with a very dynamic team of individuals. I was able to grow by being challenged with new tasks and learning about many different aspects of a technologists role within the Red Deer/ Eckville office.
Competitive expanding work enviroment
Health Safety and Environment Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray AbSeptember 26, 2013
Great environment of close knit personal with a wide variety of experience. Camp environment with very little to do in off time. Great opportunity for well managed networks.
Pros
good people
Cons
very process driven
Great Work Place
4th Class Coop Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 31, 2015
Great work place to be , good people and excellent safety record.

About 63 kms from fort mcmurray.

Fly in fly out with 14/14 schedule
Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2013
Fun and professional group of people to work with. Lots of opportunity for advancement and mentoring always available.
Pros
positive feedback and people. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Cons
long drive to the elmworth gas plant!
Great work environment, easy access to train/bus and enjoyed working alongsiide my colleagues.
Junior Mineral Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2012
I was placed at ConocoPhillips on a six week practicum. Before the end of my practicum, I was offered a six month contract. Great company!
Pros
team building workshops
Oil and Gas Company
Material Management Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 28, 2015
ConocoPhillips is a fast paced growing international oil and gas company
Great support from Calgary/Houston
Construction Consultant, Burlington (Former Employee) –  Alberta/BCJune 19, 2013
good work schedule
great support from head offices
enjoyable meetings and conventions
pay was always on time
great environment
Pros
great environment
Cons
not enough ng work
Great workplace, great safety culture
construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  AlbertaNovember 5, 2014
A lot of good people to work with, the culture there was remarkable and being a young manager I learned a lot.
Best job I had
3rd Class Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anzac, BCAugust 22, 2014
Working in the SAGD plant as an operator. Days were full and went very fast. The most secure place I ever worked.
Pros
two weeks on/off are awesome
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2013
Conoco provides a safe work place. I drilled multileg directional wells for observation purposes. Reported with wellview and morning confrence calls to management.
Fun and productive workplace.
Camp maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 29, 2012
Excellent but there isn't enough hours to dispense. Learned many aspect of time management, workplace structure, meeting deadlines, and meeting new faces.
Great opprutunity, amazing people
Health Safety and Environment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eckville, ABJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for ConocoPhillips a great deal and hope to work with them again in the future.
Pros
caring atmosphere

4.2