ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Large, stable and progressive company
Technical Writer-Editor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Excellent emphasis on safety.
Requires high level of ethical behaviour.
Varied opportunity to employ editing and writing skills.
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
Work day allowed one to focus on primary responsibilities with few interruptions.
Lots to do and fun
Scaffolding (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 February 2016
Conoco Phillips was a great company to work for. The camp was very clean, the food was good and they cared about your well being..
Pros
excellent accommodations
Cons
Very cold in the winter
Relaxed easygoing workplace
HSE Specialist Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 August 2015
Being based out of Red Deer was nice, everyone was very courteous and there were rarely any disagreements in the office. This atmosphere was conducive towards a positive work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Oilsands21 October 2015
Was a great place to work with great people. Good work atmosphere and good pay. Management and coworkers were good to work with. Got laid off because of the price of oil.
Productive and Challenging
Information management - Information Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB1 September 2015
I enjoyed my position at ConocoPhillips, and feel it was an extraordinary experience. My superiors were very helpful and considerate. I have learned a great deal from their vast knowledge and willingness to share.
Pros
Wonderful Management
Cons
Layoffs
Great Place to Work
QA/QC Coordinator Bird Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2016
It was a great place to work. Lot of interaction with the client. Colleagues were very friendly. Got a lot of good experience over there.
Amazing work culture
Reservoir Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2015
Love working at ConocoPhillips, they understand the importance of work/life balance. Great learning experience, always providing students with their full support for continual learning.
Fun and supportive work environment
EHS LEAD (Current Employee) –  Anzac Surmont 212 August 2015
Excellent EHS culture
Excellent sense of community
Great work environment
Great people
Fantastic management that truly embraces safety
Great work experience in oil and gas with great people
Joint Venture/ Operated Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2012
My work experiences at ConocoPhillips Canada certainly enhanced me to gain insight oil and gas business practices. I have an overall understanding of capital control as a function within an Oil and Gas company and the process of capital reporting and its impact on financial results.

I have successfully performed my strong analytical and financial accounting skills with expertise in SAP by resolving partner disputes and by clearing all past due operated joint venture receivables. I have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders, along with strong MS Office skills to provide accounting support as they need.
Pros
flexible working hours
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 November 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!
Poor Management and low Employee Morale
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Central Alberta15 November 2012
Managers either Micro Manage or ignore you all together. Depends who you are buddies with in the office and managment as to how for you get with the company. Its obvious to everyone that certain managers are getting kick backs from contractors for steady work. They do not support local business, they drive the small local guys out and bring in bigger companies(almost like they are paid to do this) Office staff gets catered meals multiple times a week and a fully stocked kitchen, and the field staff gets a water cooler. They always pin the blame on someone, even when they say as a company they do not do this.
Pros
not many
Cons
you give what you got and they take what they can
New skills and knowledge
Projects Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2015
At Conoco, I learned advanced features in Excel in order to create a spreadsheet that is user friendly and easier to navigate in and out of different worksheets.
I also learned new terminology and acronyms in Construction management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Very interesting work.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada4 December 2015
Conoco Phillips employs cutting edge technology in drilling wells. I have learned a lot from this company. From drilling Managed Pressure Wells to employing invert and silicate mud systems
Variety of experiences
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surmount22 January 2015
Conoco Phillips was a pleasure to work for. They identified job requirements prior to starting with awesome training sessions in Calgary for a month prior to project starting. Management was very approachable and I had full support of management when dealing with issues in the field.
Pros
Variety of experiences
Cons
Some HSE team members were difficult to work with
Working Quality Fiber Optic Install of over 60km
Quality Lead / TO Coordination (Current Employee) –  Surmont 2, Chemco Electric25 March 2014
A normal day will be a review of contractor & sub-contractor documents. Normal problem solving during the day. Prepare the heading section of check sheets for field fill in. Review and Track any returned check sheets Transfer to clean copy, scan & file. Visit work area for fiber install. Note an issues that are observed and contact appropriate individual / 's for a solve to the issue. Update for Logs for Transmittal,RFI, NCR. Search and review of new information released by client. Forward this information to the PM for approval. Etc.
ConocoPhillips is a company for people seeking for paycheck not for career.
Senior Well Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2015
ConocoPhillips is company for people seeking for paycheck not for career. You will most likely be misdirected and wast you time on trying to build a career.
Intervention Specialist/Wellsite supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edson21 September 2015
Production side is fantastic. Great guys, team leads were great as well. Warm team atmosphere in the group I was in. Some guys thought different but were long term employees and didnt know how well they had it
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Too many people involved in jobs
Safe and respectful work environment
Instrumentation Engineering Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2014
I was fortunate to be their 2014 Instrumentation Engineering Summer Student and I found it was an invaluable experience in my young career. I enjoyed going to work each day knowing I was part of a team that was safe, respectful, and team orientated.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
relaxed work place with very focused people
HSE (Current Employee) –  Central Alberta18 September 2015
Overall a very good company to work for. Every team has a very strong safety culture and all are trained very well to complete their job safely and efficiently.
Productive and high working environment
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2015
Excellent company to work for. Co-workers with high quality results/commitment
Management team fully dedicated to the business
Beautiful people who really support and make your time there pleasant and enjoyable

4.2