ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

good place to work
Technical Specialist Provide technical support (Former Employee) –  SBU11 March 2016
good place to work Enjoyed the time until slow down and cuts arrived Had many enjoyable years of employment with few complaints
Pros
good peopl
Lots to do and fun
Scaffolding (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 February 2016
Conoco Phillips was a great company to work for. The camp was very clean, the food was good and they cared about your well being..
Pros
excellent accommodations
Cons
Very cold in the winter
Large, stable and progressive company
Technical Writer-Editor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Excellent emphasis on safety.
Requires high level of ethical behaviour.
Varied opportunity to employ editing and writing skills.
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
Work day allowed one to focus on primary responsibilities with few interruptions.
Great Place to Work
QA/QC Coordinator Bird Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2016
It was a great place to work. Lot of interaction with the client. Colleagues were very friendly. Got a lot of good experience over there.
The company culture of safety is outstanding.
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2015
Great place to work. The company culture of safety is outstanding.
Also, the company provide great benefits for employees.
Very interesting work.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada4 December 2015
Conoco Phillips employs cutting edge technology in drilling wells. I have learned a lot from this company. From drilling Managed Pressure Wells to employing invert and silicate mud systems
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2015
Good working environment, benefits, vacation and salary. Employees are offered developement opportunities. Nice perks, such as, a no cost fitness centre.
No comment
Gas Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for. Their salary and benefits are outstanding but it is the people that make it all worth while.
Fun place to work.
Production Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2015
Excellent place to work. Great co-workers. Regular amount of red tape and politics, typical of a large company. Great benefits package including flex days and 1 day off per month if you work 8.5 hours / day.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive salary.
Cons
Employment retention is market cyclic.
Great experience
Pilot Plant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 November 2015
there was lots to learn at the pilot plant, the staff were very knowledgeable and professional and the experience was great.
Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee) –  Cessford, AB5 November 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
Good Place to work
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, AB4 November 2015
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Management and coworkers were easy to get along with and work with.
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 November 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!
A good place to work
Joint Venture Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2015
I have enjoyed my time with Conoco. I had some great mentors and learned some great internal programs. Everyday was a new day and always something to learn, days went fast.
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC27 October 2015
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Pros
Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
Focused on developing new talent
Crude Oil Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Placed into the new grad program, which placed individuals into a position for a year at a time to get an overview of the organization. Great opportunity to work in the marketing group. Fast paced and long hours at settlement, but great exposure. SAP financial system.
Pros
Development of new grads
Cons
Long hours during settlement
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Oilsands21 October 2015
Was a great place to work with great people. Good work atmosphere and good pay. Management and coworkers were good to work with. Got laid off because of the price of oil.
Never a dull day as new challenges and opportunities to interact with peers happened daily
Team Lead - Records Management Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2015
Was a great place to work as there was always something allowed you to grow and develop new skills. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from all areas of the organization transferring knowledge between each other.
Pros
Respected a home & work life balance
Cons
Withe the downturn in the O&G sector, job losses have recently happened.
Could be a great Company
Field Material Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB14 October 2015
ConocoPhillips has an excellent culture for employees, safety, benefits and work environment. Where they fall down is not training their supervisors in modern techniques of managing people. Some supervisors use an adolescent, knee jerk style of using comments from obscure people and band their subordinates accordingly.
Pros
Good local people
Cons
Poor supervision
Stimulating environment with room for advancement
Vender Master Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2015
It was a challenging, rewarding workplace that I was always happy to be a part of. I enjoyed my role, and found my coworkers very kind and knowledgeable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2