ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee) –  Cessford, AB5 November 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
Good Place to work
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, AB4 November 2015
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Management and coworkers were easy to get along with and work with.
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 November 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!
A good place to work
Joint Venture Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2015
I have enjoyed my time with Conoco. I had some great mentors and learned some great internal programs. Everyday was a new day and always something to learn, days went fast.
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC27 October 2015
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Pros
Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
Focused on developing new talent
Crude Oil Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Placed into the new grad program, which placed individuals into a position for a year at a time to get an overview of the organization. Great opportunity to work in the marketing group. Fast paced and long hours at settlement, but great exposure. SAP financial system.
Pros
Development of new grads
Cons
Long hours during settlement
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Oilsands21 October 2015
Was a great place to work with great people. Good work atmosphere and good pay. Management and coworkers were good to work with. Got laid off because of the price of oil.
Never a dull day as new challenges and opportunities to interact with peers happened daily
Team Lead - Records Management Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2015
Was a great place to work as there was always something allowed you to grow and develop new skills. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from all areas of the organization transferring knowledge between each other.
Pros
Respected a home & work life balance
Cons
Withe the downturn in the O&G sector, job losses have recently happened.
Could be a great Company
Field Material Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB14 October 2015
ConocoPhillips has an excellent culture for employees, safety, benefits and work environment. Where they fall down is not training their supervisors in modern techniques of managing people. Some supervisors use an adolescent, knee jerk style of using comments from obscure people and band their subordinates accordingly.
Pros
Good local people
Cons
Poor supervision
Stimulating environment with room for advancement
Vender Master Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2015
It was a challenging, rewarding workplace that I was always happy to be a part of. I enjoyed my role, and found my coworkers very kind and knowledgeable.

Want to know more about ConocoPhillips?

Ask a question
Intervention Specialist/Wellsite supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edson21 September 2015
Production side is fantastic. Great guys, team leads were great as well. Warm team atmosphere in the group I was in. Some guys thought different but were long term employees and didnt know how well they had it
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Too many people involved in jobs
relaxed work place with very focused people
HSE (Current Employee) –  Central Alberta18 September 2015
Overall a very good company to work for. Every team has a very strong safety culture and all are trained very well to complete their job safely and efficiently.
Amazing company to work for but management needs adjusting.
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator/ Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 September 2015
I give ConocoPhillips 5 stars because they are an amazing company to work for and that's the truth. I, however, would have to say it's too bad that the management is extremely inconsistent and some honestly have no idea what they are doing. It's very sad how they let some employers/contractors go. If the company knew how horrible the management was, they would be taking a second look and weeding them out.
Productive and Challenging
Information management - Information Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB1 September 2015
I enjoyed my position at ConocoPhillips, and feel it was an extraordinary experience. My superiors were very helpful and considerate. I have learned a great deal from their vast knowledge and willingness to share.
Pros
Wonderful Management
Cons
Layoffs
Fun and supportive work environment
EHS LEAD (Current Employee) –  Anzac Surmont 212 August 2015
Excellent EHS culture
Excellent sense of community
Great work environment
Great people
Fantastic management that truly embraces safety
Relaxed easygoing workplace
HSE Specialist Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 August 2015
Being based out of Red Deer was nice, everyone was very courteous and there were rarely any disagreements in the office. This atmosphere was conducive towards a positive work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
New skills and knowledge
Projects Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2015
At Conoco, I learned advanced features in Excel in order to create a spreadsheet that is user friendly and easier to navigate in and out of different worksheets.
I also learned new terminology and acronyms in Construction management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Amazing work culture
Reservoir Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2015
Love working at ConocoPhillips, they understand the importance of work/life balance. Great learning experience, always providing students with their full support for continual learning.
Team Work and group efforts
Transaction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta9 June 2015
Work on SAP - create Purchase Requisition and Purchase Orders....process invoices for payment and send to Project Manager and Project Engineer for approvals. Being a contractor was good, but not always in communication for information...There was Team work.

Follow up with the closing of Purchase Orders so that the Networks/Work Broke Down Structure can be closed by the Cost Analysis.
ConocoPhillips is a company for people seeking for paycheck not for career.
Senior Well Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2015
ConocoPhillips is company for people seeking for paycheck not for career. You will most likely be misdirected and wast you time on trying to build a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2