ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Fun and supportive work environment
EHS LEAD (Current Employee) –  Anzac Surmont 212 August 2015
Excellent EHS culture
Excellent sense of community
Great work environment
Great people
Fantastic management that truly embraces safety
Great work environment
SUBSURFACE GEOLOGIST- development and ops (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2015
A workplace with talented people to learn from. Compensation and benefits package competitive with industry. Lacking in opportunity for mobility.
Focused on developing new talent
Crude Oil Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Placed into the new grad program, which placed individuals into a position for a year at a time to get an overview of the organization. Great opportunity to work in the marketing group. Fast paced and long hours at settlement, but great exposure. SAP financial system.
Pros
Development of new grads
Cons
Long hours during settlement
Amazing company to work for but management needs adjusting.
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator/ Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 September 2015
I give ConocoPhillips 5 stars because they are an amazing company to work for and that's the truth. I, however, would have to say it's too bad that the management is extremely inconsistent and some honestly have no idea what they are doing. It's very sad how they let some employers/contractors go. If the company knew how horrible the management was, they would be taking a second look and weeding them out.
good place to work
Technical Specialist Provide technical support (Former Employee) –  SBU11 March 2016
good place to work Enjoyed the time until slow down and cuts arrived Had many enjoyable years of employment with few complaints
Pros
good peopl
Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee) –  Cessford, AB5 November 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
No comment
Gas Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for. Their salary and benefits are outstanding but it is the people that make it all worth while.
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC27 October 2015
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Pros
Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
Large, stable and progressive company
Technical Writer-Editor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Excellent emphasis on safety.
Requires high level of ethical behaviour.
Varied opportunity to employ editing and writing skills.
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
Work day allowed one to focus on primary responsibilities with few interruptions.
Lots to do and fun
Scaffolding (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 February 2016
Conoco Phillips was a great company to work for. The camp was very clean, the food was good and they cared about your well being..
Pros
excellent accommodations
Cons
Very cold in the winter
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Oilsands21 October 2015
Was a great place to work with great people. Good work atmosphere and good pay. Management and coworkers were good to work with. Got laid off because of the price of oil.
Productive and Challenging
Information management - Information Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB1 September 2015
I enjoyed my position at ConocoPhillips, and feel it was an extraordinary experience. My superiors were very helpful and considerate. I have learned a great deal from their vast knowledge and willingness to share.
Pros
Wonderful Management
Cons
Layoffs
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 November 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!
Great Place to Work
QA/QC Coordinator Bird Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2016
It was a great place to work. Lot of interaction with the client. Colleagues were very friendly. Got a lot of good experience over there.
Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 March 2013
Fun and professional group of people to work with. Lots of opportunity for advancement and mentoring always available.
Pros
positive feedback and people. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Cons
long drive to the elmworth gas plant!
relaxed work place with very focused people
HSE (Current Employee) –  Central Alberta18 September 2015
Overall a very good company to work for. Every team has a very strong safety culture and all are trained very well to complete their job safely and efficiently.
Amazing work culture
Reservoir Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2015
Love working at ConocoPhillips, they understand the importance of work/life balance. Great learning experience, always providing students with their full support for continual learning.
Relaxed easygoing workplace
HSE Specialist Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 August 2015
Being based out of Red Deer was nice, everyone was very courteous and there were rarely any disagreements in the office. This atmosphere was conducive towards a positive work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
New skills and knowledge
Projects Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2015
At Conoco, I learned advanced features in Excel in order to create a spreadsheet that is user friendly and easier to navigate in and out of different worksheets.
I also learned new terminology and acronyms in Construction management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Very interesting work.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada4 December 2015
Conoco Phillips employs cutting edge technology in drilling wells. I have learned a lot from this company. From drilling Managed Pressure Wells to employing invert and silicate mud systems