ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Surmount 1 is a great little plant and was great to work there.
E & I Maint. Planner/Coordinator Surmont 1 (Former Employee) –  surmout 116 March 2016
Surmount 1 is a great little plant that makes big oil for the size..I really enjoyed my short time there. The people and work culture was also great.
Pros
lots
Cons
non
Great work experience
Asset & Operating Integrity Summer student (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 September 2013
A calm atmosphere that was competitive and efficiency orientated at the same time. I spent over a month training and learning the dynamics of the Asset and Operating Integrity team (Grande Prairie, AB). I spent most of my time around compressor and well sites (mostly gas wells) tagging and checking equipment, mainly pressure safety valves. I also worked along with the head pipeline coordinator to discover pipeline wall loss growth through smart pig logs on excel documents. This led to myself giving the coordinator specific locations and lengths of pipeline which required repair. My time at ConocoPhillips was all that I expected and more to say the least, they gave me a great start to my career in the Oil and Gas industry.
Large company with safety focus
Drafting (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2012
-A lot of adminstrative systems go through in order to get work done.
-Work is plentiful but lacking detail.
-Good co-workers; difficulty with management.
-The pay is very competitive with good benefits for staff.
-Very flexible with time off.
-Ability to work independently to get job done.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management and changes are extremely slow
Good Place to work
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, AB4 November 2015
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Management and coworkers were easy to get along with and work with.
Never a dull day as new challenges and opportunities to interact with peers happened daily
Team Lead - Records Management Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2015
Was a great place to work as there was always something allowed you to grow and develop new skills. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from all areas of the organization transferring knowledge between each other.
Pros
Respected a home & work life balance
Cons
Withe the downturn in the O&G sector, job losses have recently happened.
Fun environment, team-oriented
Commercial Finance Gas Analyst, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
I enjoyed that my co-workers and managers were involved in my development throughout my time there. They always made sure that I was learning and this made me want to learn more. I obtained more skills and improved on the skills I already possess. It was a pleasure to be part of such a great organization.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Short term
Great salary but way too much asked of employees.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 April 2016
The best thing about that company was the pay. The demands increased as the market declined and everyone was doing two or three peoples work. Also the managers were not always connected to what was actually happening in the trenches.
Great work environment
SUBSURFACE GEOLOGIST- development and ops (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2015
A workplace with talented people to learn from. Compensation and benefits package competitive with industry. Lacking in opportunity for mobility.
Productive and great co workers
Integrated Operation Center (IOC) Control Room (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2016
Manage and create alarms
Work with operations to maximize production and eliminate downtime
Help field operators with their day to day through the use of SCADA systems
productive funfilled safeminded workplace
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Level II Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB5 May 2016
Being away from home to work a 14 day turnaround was hard. having safe minded coworkers made it feel like a safe place to work.
Fun and supportive work environment
EHS LEAD (Current Employee) –  Anzac Surmont 212 August 2015
Excellent EHS culture
Excellent sense of community
Great work environment
Great people
Fantastic management that truly embraces safety
Amazing company to work for but management needs adjusting.
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator/ Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 September 2015
I give ConocoPhillips 5 stars because they are an amazing company to work for and that's the truth. I, however, would have to say it's too bad that the management is extremely inconsistent and some honestly have no idea what they are doing. It's very sad how they let some employers/contractors go. If the company knew how horrible the management was, they would be taking a second look and weeding them out.
Focused on developing new talent
Crude Oil Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Placed into the new grad program, which placed individuals into a position for a year at a time to get an overview of the organization. Great opportunity to work in the marketing group. Fast paced and long hours at settlement, but great exposure. SAP financial system.
Pros
Development of new grads
Cons
Long hours during settlement
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2015
Good working environment, benefits, vacation and salary. Employees are offered developement opportunities. Nice perks, such as, a no cost fitness centre.
Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 March 2013
Fun and professional group of people to work with. Lots of opportunity for advancement and mentoring always available.
Pros
positive feedback and people. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Cons
long drive to the elmworth gas plant!
Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee) –  Cessford, AB5 November 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
No comment
Gas Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for. Their salary and benefits are outstanding but it is the people that make it all worth while.
Productive and Challenging
Information management - Information Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB1 September 2015
I enjoyed my position at ConocoPhillips, and feel it was an extraordinary experience. My superiors were very helpful and considerate. I have learned a great deal from their vast knowledge and willingness to share.
Pros
Wonderful Management
Cons
Layoffs
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC27 October 2015
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Pros
Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
good place to work
Technical Specialist Provide technical support (Former Employee) –  SBU11 March 2016
good place to work Enjoyed the time until slow down and cuts arrived Had many enjoyable years of employment with few complaints
Pros
good peopl

4.2