ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Large, stable and progressive company
Technical Writer-Editor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent emphasis on safety.
Requires high level of ethical behaviour.
Varied opportunity to employ editing and writing skills.
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
Work day allowed one to focus on primary responsibilities with few interruptions.
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Pros
Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
Lots to do and fun
Scaffolding (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Conoco Phillips was a great company to work for. The camp was very clean, the food was good and they cared about your well being..
Pros
excellent accommodations
Cons
Very cold in the winter
Great work experience
Asset & Operating Integrity Summer student (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 26, 2013
A calm atmosphere that was competitive and efficiency orientated at the same time. I spent over a month training and learning the dynamics of the Asset and Operating Integrity team (Grande Prairie, AB). I spent most of my time around compressor and well sites (mostly gas wells) tagging and checking equipment, mainly pressure safety valves. I also worked along with the head pipeline coordinator to discover pipeline wall loss growth through smart pig logs on excel documents. This led to myself giving the coordinator specific locations and lengths of pipeline which required repair. My time at ConocoPhillips was all that I expected and more to say the least, they gave me a great start to my career in the Oil and Gas industry.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  OilsandsOctober 21, 2015
Was a great place to work with great people. Good work atmosphere and good pay. Management and coworkers were good to work with. Got laid off because of the price of oil.
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!
Productive and Challenging
Information management - Information Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABSeptember 1, 2015
I enjoyed my position at ConocoPhillips, and feel it was an extraordinary experience. My superiors were very helpful and considerate. I have learned a great deal from their vast knowledge and willingness to share.
Pros
Wonderful Management
Cons
Layoffs
Large company with safety focus
Drafting (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2012
-A lot of adminstrative systems go through in order to get work done.
-Work is plentiful but lacking detail.
-Good co-workers; difficulty with management.
-The pay is very competitive with good benefits for staff.
-Very flexible with time off.
-Ability to work independently to get job done.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management and changes are extremely slow
Great Place to Work
QA/QC Coordinator Bird Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 22, 2016
It was a great place to work. Lot of interaction with the client. Colleagues were very friendly. Got a lot of good experience over there.
relaxed work place with very focused people
HSE (Current Employee) –  Central AlbertaSeptember 18, 2015
Overall a very good company to work for. Every team has a very strong safety culture and all are trained very well to complete their job safely and efficiently.
Relaxed easygoing workplace
HSE Specialist Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 4, 2015
Being based out of Red Deer was nice, everyone was very courteous and there were rarely any disagreements in the office. This atmosphere was conducive towards a positive work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing work culture
Reservoir Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2015
Love working at ConocoPhillips, they understand the importance of work/life balance. Great learning experience, always providing students with their full support for continual learning.
Very interesting work.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CanadaDecember 4, 2015
Conoco Phillips employs cutting edge technology in drilling wells. I have learned a lot from this company. From drilling Managed Pressure Wells to employing invert and silicate mud systems
New skills and knowledge
Projects Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
At Conoco, I learned advanced features in Excel in order to create a spreadsheet that is user friendly and easier to navigate in and out of different worksheets.
I also learned new terminology and acronyms in Construction management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Intervention Specialist/Wellsite supervisor (Former Employee) –  EdsonSeptember 21, 2015
Production side is fantastic. Great guys, team leads were great as well. Warm team atmosphere in the group I was in. Some guys thought different but were long term employees and didnt know how well they had it
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Too many people involved in jobs
Great experience
Pilot Plant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 6, 2015
there was lots to learn at the pilot plant, the staff were very knowledgeable and professional and the experience was great.
Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2013
Fun and professional group of people to work with. Lots of opportunity for advancement and mentoring always available.
Pros
positive feedback and people. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Cons
long drive to the elmworth gas plant!
A good place to work
Joint Venture Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with Conoco. I had some great mentors and learned some great internal programs. Everyday was a new day and always something to learn, days went fast.
ConocoPhillips is a company for people seeking for paycheck not for career.
Senior Well Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
ConocoPhillips is company for people seeking for paycheck not for career. You will most likely be misdirected and wast you time on trying to build a career.
Stimulating environment with room for advancement
Vender Master Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2015
It was a challenging, rewarding workplace that I was always happy to be a part of. I enjoyed my role, and found my coworkers very kind and knowledgeable.

4.2