ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in Canada

new adventure in this industry. exciting
Well Operator (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABMarch 12, 2016
well this was my first production operating job. was very exciting and had lots of knowledgeable guys to learn from. there was a lot to take in and learn in a short period of time. was surrounded by amazing landscapes with an abundance of streams and wildlife. the most difficult part i had in this career was having to work directly with a person no one else wanted to work with. in which i had to learn to work past to achieve my goals.
Pros
good benefits, lots of time with family
Cons
difficult co worker.
Fun place to work.
Production Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great co-workers. Regular amount of red tape and politics, typical of a large company. Great benefits package including flex days and 1 day off per month if you work 8.5 hours / day.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive salary.
Cons
Employment retention is market cyclic.
Could be a great Company
Field Material Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABOctober 14, 2015
ConocoPhillips has an excellent culture for employees, safety, benefits and work environment. Where they fall down is not training their supervisors in modern techniques of managing people. Some supervisors use an adolescent, knee jerk style of using comments from obscure people and band their subordinates accordingly.
Pros
Good local people
Cons
Poor supervision
The company culture of safety is outstanding.
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Great place to work. The company culture of safety is outstanding.
Also, the company provide great benefits for employees.
Surmount 1 is a great little plant and was great to work there.
E & I Maint. Planner/Coordinator Surmont 1 (Former Employee) –  surmout 1March 16, 2016
Surmount 1 is a great little plant that makes big oil for the size..I really enjoyed my short time there. The people and work culture was also great.
Pros
lots
Cons
non
Good Place to work
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, ABNovember 4, 2015
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Management and coworkers were easy to get along with and work with.
Never a dull day as new challenges and opportunities to interact with peers happened daily
Team Lead - Records Management Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Was a great place to work as there was always something allowed you to grow and develop new skills. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from all areas of the organization transferring knowledge between each other.
Pros
Respected a home & work life balance
Cons
Withe the downturn in the O&G sector, job losses have recently happened.
Fun environment, team-oriented
Commercial Finance Gas Analyst, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed that my co-workers and managers were involved in my development throughout my time there. They always made sure that I was learning and this made me want to learn more. I obtained more skills and improved on the skills I already possess. It was a pleasure to be part of such a great organization.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Short term
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
Good working environment, benefits, vacation and salary. Employees are offered developement opportunities. Nice perks, such as, a no cost fitness centre.
Focused on developing new talent
Crude Oil Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Placed into the new grad program, which placed individuals into a position for a year at a time to get an overview of the organization. Great opportunity to work in the marketing group. Fast paced and long hours at settlement, but great exposure. SAP financial system.
Pros
Development of new grads
Cons
Long hours during settlement
Great salary but way too much asked of employees.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 23, 2016
The best thing about that company was the pay. The demands increased as the market declined and everyone was doing two or three peoples work. Also the managers were not always connected to what was actually happening in the trenches.
Fun and supportive work environment
EHS LEAD (Current Employee) –  Anzac Surmont 2August 12, 2015
Excellent EHS culture
Excellent sense of community
Great work environment
Great people
Fantastic management that truly embraces safety
Productive and great co workers
Integrated Operation Center (IOC) Control Room (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 9, 2016
Manage and create alarms
Work with operations to maximize production and eliminate downtime
Help field operators with their day to day through the use of SCADA systems
No comment
Gas Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for. Their salary and benefits are outstanding but it is the people that make it all worth while.
Amazing company to work for but management needs adjusting.
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator/ Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABSeptember 3, 2015
I give ConocoPhillips 5 stars because they are an amazing company to work for and that's the truth. I, however, would have to say it's too bad that the management is extremely inconsistent and some honestly have no idea what they are doing. It's very sad how they let some employers/contractors go. If the company knew how horrible the management was, they would be taking a second look and weeding them out.
Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee) –  Cessford, ABNovember 5, 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
productive funfilled safeminded workplace
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Level II Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABMay 5, 2016
Being away from home to work a 14 day turnaround was hard. having safe minded coworkers made it feel like a safe place to work.
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Pros
Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons
Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
good place to work
Technical Specialist Provide technical support (Former Employee) –  SBUMarch 11, 2016
good place to work Enjoyed the time until slow down and cuts arrived Had many enjoyable years of employment with few complaints
Pros
good peopl
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  OilsandsOctober 21, 2015
Was a great place to work with great people. Good work atmosphere and good pay. Management and coworkers were good to work with. Got laid off because of the price of oil.

4.2