ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great salary but way too much asked of employees.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 23, 2016
The best thing about that company was the pay. The demands increased as the market declined and everyone was doing two or three peoples work. Also the managers were not always connected to what was actually happening in the trenches.
Fun environment, team-oriented
Commercial Finance Gas Analyst, Summer Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Open door policy
Cons: Short term
I enjoyed that my co-workers and managers were involved in my development throughout my time there. They always made sure that I was learning and this made me want to learn more. I obtained more skills and improved on the skills I already possess. It was a pleasure to be part of such a great organization.
Surmount 1 is a great little plant and was great to work there.
E & I Maint. Planner/Coordinator Surmont 1 (Former Employee), surmout 1March 16, 2016
Pros: lots
Cons: non
Surmount 1 is a great little plant that makes big oil for the size..I really enjoyed my short time there. The people and work culture was also great.
new adventure in this industry. exciting
Well Operator (Former Employee), Edson, ABMarch 12, 2016
Pros: good benefits, lots of time with family
Cons: difficult co worker.
well this was my first production operating job. was very exciting and had lots of knowledgeable guys to learn from. there was a lot to take in and learn in a short period of time. was surrounded by amazing landscapes with an abundance of streams and wildlife. the most difficult part i had in this career was having to work directly with a person no one else wanted to work with. in which i had to learn to work past to achieve my goals.
good place to work
Technical Specialist Provide technical support (Former Employee), SBUMarch 11, 2016
Pros: good peopl
good place to work Enjoyed the time until slow down and cuts arrived Had many enjoyable years of employment with few complaints
Lots to do and fun
Scaffolding (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: excellent accommodations
Cons: Very cold in the winter
Conoco Phillips was a great company to work for. The camp was very clean, the food was good and they cared about your well being..
Large, stable and progressive company
Technical Writer-Editor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent emphasis on safety.
Requires high level of ethical behaviour.
Varied opportunity to employ editing and writing skills.
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
Work day allowed one to focus on primary responsibilities with few interruptions.
Great Place to Work
QA/QC Coordinator Bird Construction Company (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 22, 2016
It was a great place to work. Lot of interaction with the client. Colleagues were very friendly. Got a lot of good experience over there.
The company culture of safety is outstanding.
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Great place to work. The company culture of safety is outstanding.
Also, the company provide great benefits for employees.
Very interesting work.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee), CanadaDecember 4, 2015
Conoco Phillips employs cutting edge technology in drilling wells. I have learned a lot from this company. From drilling Managed Pressure Wells to employing invert and silicate mud systems
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
Good working environment, benefits, vacation and salary. Employees are offered developement opportunities. Nice perks, such as, a no cost fitness centre.
No comment
Gas Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for. Their salary and benefits are outstanding but it is the people that make it all worth while.
Fun place to work.
Production Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and competitive salary.
Cons: Employment retention is market cyclic.
Excellent place to work. Great co-workers. Regular amount of red tape and politics, typical of a large company. Great benefits package including flex days and 1 day off per month if you work 8.5 hours / day.
Great experience
Pilot Plant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 6, 2015
there was lots to learn at the pilot plant, the staff were very knowledgeable and professional and the experience was great.
Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee), Cessford, ABNovember 5, 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
Good Place to work
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee), Claresholm, ABNovember 4, 2015
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Management and coworkers were easy to get along with and work with.
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee), Anzac, ABNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!
A good place to work
Joint Venture Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with Conoco. I had some great mentors and learned some great internal programs. Everyday was a new day and always something to learn, days went fast.
Safe, productive day at work.
Bantrel Electrical General Superintendent (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Meeting some of great people working for our clients.
Cons: Too many inexperienced people in positions they were not ready for.
A typical day at work starts with reviewing my sub-contractors safety tailgate meeting.
Review of daily, weekly, monthly schedule and safety on site.
Review of safety, quality and production.
Daily progressive QAQC.
Fun work place with an excellent safety record.
I was the only electrical expert dealing with our sub-contractors.
I learned to pre-plan all the work for the sub-contractor, bearing in mind availability of material arrival to adjust my work schedule to co-inside with other disciplines working on the site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction of our team, meeting our safety standards, quality and schedule.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with persons who did not understand that we had to have a viable construction execution plan with material arrival dates in order to build a proper schedule.
Focused on developing new talent
Crude Oil Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Development of new grads
Cons: Long hours during settlement
Placed into the new grad program, which placed individuals into a position for a year at a time to get an overview of the organization. Great opportunity to work in the marketing group. Fast paced and long hours at settlement, but great exposure. SAP financial system.
Headquarters