ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work at
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
Not a great place to work at. Pay and benefits were high for my age and experience. Management varied greatly from role to role and greatly affected job quality. Not always a great place to work as a young engineer as sometimes not enough work and the managing of the young engineers program at the company was terrible. Rotating people into roles they did not want or forcing them to leave roles they enjoyed was quite common. Groups did not have well laid out plans which caused a lot of sitting around doing nothing.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management of young engineers
Excellent Company to work for, great people and you are rated fairly.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB8 January 2017
I had an excellent experience at Conoco Phillips. Being in many industries over the last 12 years in the work force I would rate ConocoPhillips as number 1. The people are excellent, the environment to learn is hard to duplicate and the work life balance is excellent. Having the privilege of working for Conoco Phillips was great and I would jump on an opportunity within my field at this company again, no questions asked.
Pros
The people are A++, awesome learning environment, great salary, new equipment.
Cons
14 days of straight work is sometimes a hard stint.
Good outstanding company when it comes to safety in the work place
Oil & Gas Safety Specialist( Contract ) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
Lots of travel to locations and meetings. Helped put Coaching program in place, Found the coach program was well respected by all crew members / Contractors. The hardest part of the job was to convince personnel to slow down at times and importance of taking the time to document JSA/HazardId's, Near misses ect ... The rewards of the job was seeing outstanding progress after a few visits and finding very little hazards on my walkarounds and attitude to documentation was improved.
Pros
Accomplishments
Cons
Lots of driving
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
- worked with a great team of people;
- best salary I ever got from any company and benefits were great too
- you really need to sell yourself in order to be promoted; be prepared to put yourself out there and be noticed for the work you do if you want to get ahead
Pros
Positive team environment
Cons
Instability of the industry doesn't guarantee you long term job
Excellent camp, great safety culture
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 October 2016
I had the opportunity to work with a great team. The safety culture at site was amazing and the willingness to overcome obstacles was fantastic. Through collaboration and demonstration, existing silos were melded into One Materials Management Team that was able to provide the service required for all stakeholders.
Pros
Great Senior site Leadership
Cons
None that come to mind
Great Benefits and Training Programs
Surface Land Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
This workplace encourages personal growth and work/life balance.
My most enjoyable part of my job was event coordination and dealing with people.
Pros
Great Culture, Benefits, Volunteer opportunities, Training Programs, Great Pay
Driving conditions on Mountainous terrain
Team lead and Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 December 2016
Very good Eastern European Company. I had a very good time with the staff, they were very nice, cooperative and listens very carefully.
Wonderful atmosphere. Christmas party I never thought this is Canada
Pros
Free lunch, food
Cons
Good work environment. Excellent people to work with
Heavy oil operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 February 2017
Good operational support and access to materials and services to meet operational mandates. Well run company that did not have the rigid corporate culture that one would expect in a such a large corporation.
Enjoyed the people that I worked with
Production Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
People are your best assets. You should value your best assets.

Laying off hundreds of people few times in one year is not a good sign of a company that you want to invest time in.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Loyality
Professional Work environment
Supervisor & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2016
Professional environment with adequate opportunity for knowledge share, good support for employee entertainment, good support to maintain professional certifications, work life balance mostly.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
great company to work and good for career developemnt.
Completions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2016
Engineering - design, new technologies application

learned a lot of new things for Oil Sand development. Friendly environment to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to solve the problem occurred every day.
Very productive
SAGD Water Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 November 2016
A very fun place to work with very intelligent and honest workers. It has cool management with positive attitude. This place taught me how to work in a team as well as an individual and meeting deadlines.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
nothing
ConocoPhillips Canada is a great employer
Drilling Waste Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for.
They encourage collaboration and career growth through mentorship and teamwork.
They allow for a good work life balance.
great people, poor management
Geologist (GIT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
Great geologists, however poorly managed as shown by their rating compared to peers. In the past the training was great, as of lately it is non-existent.
Pros
great salary
Cons
no leadership
Great People
Senior Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
CPC promotes work life balance and has a great compensation package. Management, however, is top down but direction from management is clear.
Great company
Website and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2016
Great company, great benefits. Work /home balance.
Great people and teams to work with. Lots of room to learn new skills. Interact with may people on many teams.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Layoffs
Fun environment, team-oriented
Commercial Finance Gas Analyst, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
I enjoyed that my co-workers and managers were involved in my development throughout my time there. They always made sure that I was learning and this made me want to learn more. I obtained more skills and improved on the skills I already possess. It was a pleasure to be part of such a great organization.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Short term
Great worksite
HSE Superintendent / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 July 2016
Awesome team, enhanced professionalism. Friendly environment with superior leadership. Enjoyable from the start that allow for professional growth.
new adventure in this industry. exciting
Well Operator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB12 March 2016
well this was my first production operating job. was very exciting and had lots of knowledgeable guys to learn from. there was a lot to take in and learn in a short period of time. was surrounded by amazing landscapes with an abundance of streams and wildlife. the most difficult part i had in this career was having to work directly with a person no one else wanted to work with. in which i had to learn to work past to achieve my goals.
Pros
good benefits, lots of time with family
Cons
difficult co worker.
Great salary but way too much asked of employees.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 April 2016
The best thing about that company was the pay. The demands increased as the market declined and everyone was doing two or three peoples work. Also the managers were not always connected to what was actually happening in the trenches.

4.2