ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in Canada

Great worksite
HSE Superintendent / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 12, 2016
Awesome team, enhanced professionalism. Friendly environment with superior leadership. Enjoyable from the start that allow for professional growth.
Productive and great co workers
Integrated Operation Center (IOC) Control Room (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 9, 2016
Manage and create alarms
Work with operations to maximize production and eliminate downtime
Help field operators with their day to day through the use of SCADA systems
productive funfilled safeminded workplace
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Level II Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABMay 5, 2016
Being away from home to work a 14 day turnaround was hard. having safe minded coworkers made it feel like a safe place to work.
Great salary but way too much asked of employees.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 23, 2016
The best thing about that company was the pay. The demands increased as the market declined and everyone was doing two or three peoples work. Also the managers were not always connected to what was actually happening in the trenches.
Fun environment, team-oriented
Commercial Finance Gas Analyst, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed that my co-workers and managers were involved in my development throughout my time there. They always made sure that I was learning and this made me want to learn more. I obtained more skills and improved on the skills I already possess. It was a pleasure to be part of such a great organization.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Short term
Surmount 1 is a great little plant and was great to work there.
E & I Maint. Planner/Coordinator Surmont 1 (Former Employee) –  surmout 1March 16, 2016
Surmount 1 is a great little plant that makes big oil for the size..I really enjoyed my short time there. The people and work culture was also great.
Pros
lots
Cons
non
new adventure in this industry. exciting
Well Operator (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABMarch 12, 2016
well this was my first production operating job. was very exciting and had lots of knowledgeable guys to learn from. there was a lot to take in and learn in a short period of time. was surrounded by amazing landscapes with an abundance of streams and wildlife. the most difficult part i had in this career was having to work directly with a person no one else wanted to work with. in which i had to learn to work past to achieve my goals.
Pros
good benefits, lots of time with family
Cons
difficult co worker.
good place to work
Technical Specialist Provide technical support (Former Employee) –  SBUMarch 11, 2016
good place to work Enjoyed the time until slow down and cuts arrived Had many enjoyable years of employment with few complaints
Pros
good peopl
Lots to do and fun
Scaffolding (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Conoco Phillips was a great company to work for. The camp was very clean, the food was good and they cared about your well being..
Pros
excellent accommodations
Cons
Very cold in the winter
Large, stable and progressive company
Technical Writer-Editor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent emphasis on safety.
Requires high level of ethical behaviour.
Varied opportunity to employ editing and writing skills.
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
Work day allowed one to focus on primary responsibilities with few interruptions.
Great Place to Work
QA/QC Coordinator Bird Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 22, 2016
It was a great place to work. Lot of interaction with the client. Colleagues were very friendly. Got a lot of good experience over there.
The company culture of safety is outstanding.
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Great place to work. The company culture of safety is outstanding.
Also, the company provide great benefits for employees.
Very interesting work.
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CanadaDecember 4, 2015
Conoco Phillips employs cutting edge technology in drilling wells. I have learned a lot from this company. From drilling Managed Pressure Wells to employing invert and silicate mud systems
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
Good working environment, benefits, vacation and salary. Employees are offered developement opportunities. Nice perks, such as, a no cost fitness centre.
No comment
Gas Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for. Their salary and benefits are outstanding but it is the people that make it all worth while.
Fun place to work.
Production Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great co-workers. Regular amount of red tape and politics, typical of a large company. Great benefits package including flex days and 1 day off per month if you work 8.5 hours / day.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive salary.
Cons
Employment retention is market cyclic.
Great experience
Pilot Plant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 6, 2015
there was lots to learn at the pilot plant, the staff were very knowledgeable and professional and the experience was great.
Great place to work. They promoted good work relations among your co-workers
Contract operator, Cessford field (Former Employee) –  Cessford, ABNovember 5, 2015
Check field to make sure all equipment was running properly. I have learned how to operate plunger wells, using scada on the computer, and also field compressors, and other field equipment.
The managers in my area were understanding, and easy to get along with.
Co-workers were very helpful when help was needed, and easy to get along with. I was always willing to help them when it was required.
Hardest part of the job in our area was trying to keep production up in an old field.
The most enjoyable satisfaction was knowing you had done your best to keep production at maximum capacity.
Good Place to work
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, ABNovember 4, 2015
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Management and coworkers were easy to get along with and work with.
Excellent place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed everyone I worked with! The management was very easy to get along with.The wage was excellent and work atmosphere was refreshing!

4.2