ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surmont 1 Fort McMurray12 February 2018
Productive workplace. Walk the Talk. Great safety program. Excelent wages . Vantastic camp facilities. Transportation well organized. Wish i was still there(temporary position).
Pros
Excelent wages, camp, management.
Cons
Being away from home for extended periods
Productive and a nice place to work
Sr. Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2018
I worked with Vista projects as a senior electrical designer and most of the projects we got were from Conoco Phillips. Working with Conoco Phillips was great, the atmosphere was calm and everyone worked as a team. There weren't really any difficult parts of the job because everyone worked together to achieve a similar goal. The job overall was an amazing experience.
Pros
Everyone came to a wonderful get together that took place monthly
Cons
N/a
Professional
Alberta Piping Coordinator Cahill Industrial (Former Employee) –  Well heads9 February 2018
Safe, clean, fun work site. Working with experienced personal that care about your safety and the environment. Found my time there very rewarding and fulfilling,
Air Emissions Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2018
Excellent compensation packages and work environment as long as you can keep your job. They tend to go through massive layoffs and the intermediate management is not effective in terms of managing what they need to manage - people and the work.
Pros
compensation package
Cons
management is subpar
It was fun to work at ConocoPhillips
Production Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2018
Work and family balance with good salary and other benefits.
Good team to work with and lot of opportunity to grow as in terms of career.
Also provided access to health benefits - gym and dietitians.
Very productive, fast paced environment.
Office Administrator / PA (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada22 January 2018
Working at ConocoPhillips Canada exposed me to a lot of events and mixers that helped my maturity in Office Administration/Management.

I was the youngest in the company at the time and for me it was a beautiful learning experience to be surrounded by colleagues I could actually learn from.
Pros
Frees lunches
Cons
This was a good place to work prior to all of the layoffs
Administrative Assistant, Oil Sands Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 December 2017
I learned quite a bit. Management was okay. Workplace culture was good prior to the layoff announcements. They support taking courses while working which is beneficial to be able to learn more for your job.
Current Management bets of unconventional over diversification.
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
I worked for ConocoPhillips Canada which was a combination of 4 different companies hence it was difficult for COP global to enforce a single work culture.
The people I worked with very nice guys however, the friendship and who is your buddy really affects keeping the best and letting go the worst (weeding out manpower).
Pros
very good compensation package.
Cons
Management need management training
Surmont 2
Construction Administrator - Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB19 December 2017
- Typical data entry
- Make sure everyone got paid and got to know CMT & Field employees
- Amazing team work
- Everyone willing to help out when needed
The best oil producer to work for in the world
Plant and field operator/ IOC (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC16 December 2017
What a great experience.

I learned so much and advanced significantly
The compensation was excellent
The best managed company I've ever seen.

Only great memories with ConocoPhillips Canada
Best company I've ever worked for
Millwright/A.P.E. Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 December 2017
I've been involved in the oil industry for over the past 7 years. The Surmont family is the greatest place I've ever worked. Management is incredibly fair respectful and honest. Our 14 in 14 off schedule is great for families and home work balance. The camp is works class, rooms are quiet and are completely self contained ( private bathroom) gym facilities are better then most gyms in the city and the lunches are great. If you ever get the opportunity to be a part of this company I highly recommend it.

5*******
Pros
Fantastic camp and management
Cons
Airport sprinters to camp
Productive and great place to work
Contract Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2017
I enjoyed my time there, I learned a lot and grew as a person and an employee. We had great staff, communication and an environment that allowed staff to grow and feel like part of a company that wanted you to be a part it.
A nice place to work
Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
Great, interior is Red and white, it keeps your motivated!. Nice people and lots of cleaning staff. Secure Building, a great place, lots of long hallways to navigate, be prepared to walk alot.
Pros
downtown location
Cons
lots of stairs
Good place
Gas Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Viking, AB20 November 2017
the company was good but the lack of communication with their workers was an ongoing problem. Management was poor and too top heavy and no clear direction was ever given
ConocoPhillips
Production/Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2017
Good company to work for. Had good programs and held events for team building. Departments worked well together and accomplished a lot of things that needed to be done.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Too big of a company.
I learnt a lot and worked with great people
Data Integrity specialist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 October 2017
I enjoyed the challenge at this site office. I learnt a lot. When I started I didn't even know what a LSD was (Legal Land Description)
I liked the oil and gas industry perks like great wages.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Commute
Was a good place to work in Canada before the commodity downturn
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2017
Was a great company to work for. Oil/gas price tumble resulted in massive changes - including asset sales and layoffs. Management changes and the rapid company contraction has resulted in challenges for employees. May exit Canada if commodity prices remain low. Too bad.
Pros
Was great place to work
Cons
Massive changes in the last few years
The company is struggling with identity and future direction
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2017
Poor leadership has lead to the company not knowing if they will continue to operate in Canada. The culture in the Canadian BU is one of sitting back and letting things happen as opposed to being pro active.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Leadership
A good place to work.
Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB3 October 2017
A good company in which to be an employee. Offers an environment of interesting meaningful jobs when available. Safety culture is industry leading. Is subject to the ups and downs of the oil industry as is all oil and gas companies.
Pros
Excellent company in which to work.
Cons
Affected by industry conditions beyond it's control.
good company
Director, Investment Appraisal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
great place to meet people. loved working there. President was the best anyone could want. left company far too early. much to learn. very, very good company.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.