Start Date: Immediate
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Field: Software Development, Telecommunications
Geographic Area: Montreal, QC
Connexon Telecom, the leader in Voice over IP 9-1-1 emergency solutions for enterprises, is looking for a highly motivated individual to work as an IP Telephony Application Developer. The candidate will participate in the design, development and deployment of new and existing applications.
- Develop IP Telephony Applications on a Linux based platform
- Research and prepare design proposals
- Code and unit test software programs and applications according to specifications
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting
- Identify opportunities for system improvement in areas of usability, security, and performance
- Research emerging web development practices/technology and participate in long-range planning, evaluating new systems and methodologies.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Five (5) plus years experience in object-oriented software development
- Familiar with application-to-application communication interfaces utilizing web services architecture (XML, SOAP, and WSDL)
- MySQL and/or MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 and experience in database design and development
- Demonstrated project implementations using major effective design patterns and UML
- Familiar with Software Configuration Management (Subversion), build processes, and releases
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
A candidate will have one or more of the following desirable qualifications:
- Experience in the datacom/telecom industry
- Knowledge of SIP/H323Knowledge of C, C#, and .NET
- Development experience on Asterisk code base and AGI scripts
- Basic Linux administration and Networking knowledge
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, energetic and resourceful. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, and has the ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
All candidates are required to submit their CV with a cover letter.
About Connexon Telecom:
Founded in 2005, Connexon Telecom provides emergency 9-1-1 services to enterprises with IP telephony systems, mainly located in the United States. This market is rapidly growing, creating an enormous demand for suitable emergency services. We have consistently increased our customer base over the previous two years and have over 1,000 organizations currently using our services. For more information about our company, visit www.911enable.com.