Connect44 is urgently looking for an OSS Engineer for a project in Montreal Canada. This is a rolling contract with one of the most prestigious clients in the world.
Please note: Work permit sponsorships are possible but can take up to 3-5 months to issue.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on business needs your responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Deliver services within site engineering, integration and/or configuration and/or support of products and networks in accordance with a customer service contract.
- Identify faults and troubleshoot these, according to a set of defined alternatives, and apply standard resolving processes in the network.
- Perform complex updates/upgrades of live networks
- Conduct customized integration of products/networks, including 3rd party products
- Plan, design and optimize the network based on the customers’ requirements on the technical functionality.
- Develop and design methods, tools and scripts within a defined framework and in accordance to customer requirements.
- Participate in on-call support rotations within the technical teams
- Participate in technical reviews and provide on-site support to our customers, local support offices and Ericsson organizations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly developed customer/business orientation
- Good presentation skills
- Experience on OSS RC maintenance, administration and Network Element integration.
- OSS Upgrade experience
- Review vendor technical documents and new provide proposals on OSS
- Good knowledge with NetBackup and BMR
- Good knowledge with ENIQ
- Excellent knowledge in shell programming
- Strong technical knowledge on:
o SUN Solaris 8, 9 & 10;
o Sun FIRE platforms,
o Sybase SQL server,
o Versant DB
o TCP/IP, SNMP, LDAP protocols
o OSS applications,
Indeed - 20 months ago