Connect Hearing

Connect Hearing Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Unstable Work Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 9, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: management
Typically in a days work at connect hearing if your target wasn't met the managers would call and talk to you until you felt you were being harassed. They expect you to perform extensive tasks for low wages. They say they offer advancement but there's no room to move up in the company unless someone is retiring or you are willing to relocate. Advancement isn't based on merit or strengths. In the human resource manual they offer help with classes etc. that will be a positive impact on your job. I asked to take a French class and management said if we met our target they would consider sending me to school . The target was exceeded and I they recanted their offer of schooling. The most enjoyable part of working there is the audiologists not the sales team. The hardest part of the job was understanding great plains which gave a lot of the employees a hard time.
Micro Managed.
CCR (Former Employee), BCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: overworked, never leave on time, under paid, micro managed, poor management.
This Company would like you to think they are the best to work for but it is further from the truth. They cannot keep staff and have a huge employee turnover. Micro managed to the extreme and all that matters to them is the Goals set out for targets if not met its is the front line CCR's who get slapped on the wrist. They never treat you like a Team member.

Extremely unhealthy work environment mentally,overworked and underpaid is a definate con about working here.

If you are all about overworking to make the Manangers and CEO's look good this is the job for you if not it is not worth it.. nobody is your friend with this company.

On the plus side - some of the perks and benefits.
Disgruntled ex-employees are biased - company is fair and a great place to work!
Audiologist (Current Employee), VancouverOctober 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, professional approach, fair, good hours, great values
Cons: increased competition from less professional companies (costco, nexgen, wal mart, etc.)
I am honestly shocked at the slanderous reviews on here by obviously disgruntled ex-employees. There is a reason this company employs more professionals than any in the industry - it cares for its people, compensates well, and is a good employer. I love it, been here years and not going anywhere! If you can't sell hearing aids to people who NEED them - then how are you helping them? "Only about sales" is an excuse from poor performers who failed to help their customers. I know because I've come n after them and helped customers they left hanging!

I've worked for several of the bigger players in private hearing in Canada and NONE measured up to Connect! Most recent departures have been employees who left ot join a start up owned by a disgruntled former owner and his few loyal ex-employees (who almost wthout fail were poor performers at Connect).

I say good riddance to you whiners - the company continues to grow and for Hearing Care Professionals it's the best place to be in Canada.
do not work here
Hearing Instrument Practitioner (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 15, 2013
Pros: before work and after work
Cons: too many to list
this is a micro managed business that does not care about helping people but rather making money. walking on eggshells is right the management have no experience fitting hearing aids and your job is reduced to doing screeings in pharmacies and they treat their staff poorly. do not work for this company i was warned but didnt listen...
Don't do it
Clerical (Former Employee), BCDecember 3, 2013
This company would like to think of themselves as being a great employer but couldn't be further from the truth.

I have seen employees bullied, threatened, crying and off on stress leave with management only encouraging this bad behavior by ignoring it and looking the other way. Bad management $ and sales are the only goal.
They have a large variety of Hearing Aid options.
Office Manager/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONOctober 17, 2012
While shopping for a Hearing Aid Connect Hearing has options that are worth considering. There are many locations with in the city which are easily accessible.