Connect Hearing Employee Reviews

Friendly and encouraging environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Very professional atmosphere, which includes day to day activities like administrative work, scheduling patients, meetings, ordering and returning hearing aids, and supplies.
Taking care of walk in patients, cleaning and checking hearing aids along with informing patients about their hearing aids and its benefits.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Loved this company!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2017
Although I don't work here anymore (left for school) I LOVED my job at Connect Hearing! I'm very surprised to see the comments below. Sounds like they were from workers who couldn't quite make it! Hard workers are rewarded - I saw it all the time, and personally I was rewarded very fairly. The culture is fun, supportive and I enjoyed everyday I came to work. I loved my manager and so did all my co-workers. It really felt like a team environment. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I'm pretty sure they have won a whole bunch or top employer awards too. I recommend the place to all my friends looking for work.
Pros
management, birthdays off, wage, co-workers, mon-fri hours
Cons
a bit more training would have been nice
recent job interview
interviewee (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
To prepare for the interview I had reviewed my knowledge of
parts of the ear, different types of hearing loss and what hearing aids would best suit each type. The questions I received were more to do with KPIs in my past two jobs.
Turn the other way and apply somewhere else!
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 March 2017
This company does not treat it's employees well at all. Constant micro managing, bullying and only care about money! The pay is terrible for what is expected! Especially the CCR's they are way under paid! There is no room for advancement and HR also plays favourites! They will give jobs to people who don't even qualify or have the skills! I ended up on sick leave because of the stress this job was causing me and ended up resigning!Turn the other way and look elsewhere. This company is not worth working at.
Pros
birthday off
Cons
management, micro managing, bullying, need I say more
Tough company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
To work here effectively, I would suggest having a great deal of previous experience in the industry and a type A personality. You will need it to survive the little training, belittling and micro managing you will have to endure. The belittling in front of customers to the point of the customers coming to your defence does not make for a healthy work environment. Talking to management does nothing - expect no help there. This place effected my health so much I had to resign. Save your self the grief.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Micro Management, belittling
Not worth the pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 February 2017
I have seen this company go from a wonderful place to work down to the worst job experience I've had. Management in my department is more of a dictatorship, and is a cesspool of micromanagement. NO opportunity for advancement, and "annual" raises are 0, 1, or 2%...if they even bother getting around to them. Constant bullying and jobs are threatened with ZERO just cause. Employee morale went from > 100% with a previous manager and overall company outlook to essentially non-existent with a new "manager." Then company has always been about money, as all companies are, but it's showing more now. There is no consideration for employee wellbeing amongst all departments, leaning towards the edge of work before health.
Pros
Birthday off with pay, paid sick days, COworkers
Poor Management
Contact Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, BC18 January 2017
Working in the contact center at head office gave me a very interesting view of the office dynamic. Staff would come to work, sick and extremely contagious, despite being offered paid sick time, mostly because they "were unable to support themselves otherwise". Having stayed in contact with many of the people I worked alongside, the issues have escalated to the point of jobs being threatened. This is neither professional, nor what management should look like. The emotional turmoil of working in this Contact Center is not worth the wage they pay. When ones targets are met, you're told how poorly you did, as you clearly could have done better. This is not a customer Service job, but sales.
All they care about is money
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC20 October 2016
I would never work for this Company or any Sonvoa Company again.
Poor Management - Micro managed. Nosey about your personal life., gossip among Management.
I never knew what to expect when management walked through the door unannounced.

I think they only care about profits, targets an budgets.
Benefits
Cons
Company Culture is that of profit.
Amazing Company to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
I love working for Connect Hearing. Everyone in the company are team players and there is so much support behind you, There are always people there to reach out to when you need help with something.
Pros
Paid day off for your birthday. Hour lunch, Compensation every month.
Cons
The salary could be better to start, but is still reasonable
Client Care
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
My experience at Connect Hearing was positive and negative. The positive part of the job was that most clients were a pleasure to do business with as were my fellow Client Care colleagues. The negative aspect of the job is that I was completely micro managed to the point where it started affecting my health. I was treated with a lack of respect often times by my superiors and belittled. I decided that resigning was the best option. I believe in order for Connect Hearing to improve in retaining staff that they need to treat their employees with more respect and realize that we are valuable and important too.
benefits
Cons
management, micro managed
Disgruntled ex-employees are biased - company is fair and a great place to work!
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver29 October 2014
I am honestly shocked at the slanderous reviews on here by obviously disgruntled ex-employees. There is a reason this company employs more professionals than any in the industry - it cares for its people, compensates well, and is a good employer. I love it, been here years and not going anywhere! If you can't sell hearing aids to people who NEED them - then how are you helping them? "Only about sales" is an excuse from poor performers who failed to help their customers. I know because I've come n after them and helped customers they left hanging!

I've worked for several of the bigger players in private hearing in Canada and NONE measured up to Connect! Most recent departures have been employees who left ot join a start up owned by a disgruntled former owner and his few loyal ex-employees (who almost wthout fail were poor performers at Connect).

I say good riddance to you whiners - the company continues to grow and for Hearing Care Professionals it's the best place to be in Canada.
Pros
Benefits, professional approach, fair, good hours, great values
Cons
increased competition from less professional companies (Costco, NexGen, Wal Mart, etc.)
poor extensive training - non-existent
CCR (Former Employee) –  lower mainland bc5 August 2014
I disagree with the extensive training. I felt like it was lacking when I was trained and I feel like for the amount you are getting paid, it just doesn't cut it. Their customer service role is meant for someone who had MOA experience. And I don't feel that they emphasized on health safety when it came to cleaning aids.
Pros
Cons
poor training - not extensive as was described
Micro Managed.
CCR (Former Employee) –  BC8 January 2014
This Company would like you to think they are the best to work for but it is further from the truth. They cannot keep staff and have a huge employee turnover. Micro managed to the extreme and all that matters to them is the Goals set out for targets if not met its is the front line CCR's who get slapped on the wrist. They never treat you like a Team member.

Extremely unhealthy work environment mentally,overworked and underpaid is a definate con about working here.

If you are all about overworking to make the Manangers and CEO's look good this is the job for you if not it is not worth it.. nobody is your friend with this company.

On the plus side - some of the perks and benefits.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Overworked, never leave on time, under paid, micro managed, poor management.
Don't do it
Clerical (Former Employee) –  BC3 December 2013
This company would like to think of themselves as being a great employer but couldn't be further from the truth.

I have seen employees bullied, threatened, crying and off on stress leave with management only encouraging this bad behavior by ignoring it and looking the other way. Bad management $ and sales are the only goal.
do not work here
Hearing Instrument Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 November 2013
this is a micro managed business that does not care about helping people but rather making money. walking on eggshells is right the management have no experience fitting hearing aids and your job is reduced to doing screeings in pharmacies and they treat their staff poorly. do not work for this company i was warned but didnt listen...
Pros
before work and after work
Cons
too many to list
Unstable Work Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2013
Typically in a days work at connect hearing if your target wasn't met the managers would call and talk to you until you felt you were being harassed. They expect you to perform extensive tasks for low wages. They say they offer advancement but there's no room to move up in the company unless someone is retiring or you are willing to relocate. Advancement isn't based on merit or strengths. In the human resource manual they offer help with classes etc. that will be a positive impact on your job. I asked to take a French class and management said if we met our target they would consider sending me to school . The target was exceeded and I they recanted their offer of schooling. The most enjoyable part of working there is the audiologists not the sales team. The hardest part of the job was understanding great plains which gave a lot of the employees a hard time.
Pros
benifits
Cons
They have a large variety of Hearing Aid options.
Office Manager/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 October 2012
While shopping for a Hearing Aid Connect Hearing has options that are worth considering. There are many locations with in the city which are easily accessible.