Our client seeks a results-driven TERMINAL MANAGER with 5-10 years proven transportation and operations expertise. A manager that develops and delivers effective strategic plans that achieves fiscal and operational results. A strong leader and manager proficient in business development, territory growth and increasing market share. An innovative and resourceful problem solver with a demonstrated record of devising, planning and implementing successful turnaround strategies.
- Oversee all ongoing terminal operations including local and line haul fleets.
- Be a motivated team builder; coach and mentor, a training champion.
- Strategic planning for corporate growth and profitability
- Source and develop new business opportunities, clients and customers
- Liaison with current customers
- Human resource management for terminal employees
- Health and safety standards and procedures including leading by example, H&S committee meetings, risk assessment, incident investigation
- Absolutely passionate about people; have strong employee relations skills.
- Focused on managing processes to achieve and/or exceed targets.
- A keen eye to identify opportunities for improvements to customer service and overall strategic growth.
- 5-10 years experience in transportation management
- Proven organizational and communication skills
- The ability to solve problems and develop solutions outside conventional thinking.
- The ability to foster growth and develop team strategies
- Operational commitment to safety
- Proven change management experience is required.
- Experience using performance metrics for coaching & development.
- Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.