Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor assists in the successful management of the Business Operations, including the efficiency of day to day operations of the programs. The Operations Supervisor supports the Operations Manager to meet the National Diabetes Trust’s (NDT) mission through various revenue generation methods, with a specific focus on Clothesline.
- To understand and promote the mission of the NDT to the general public and to all volunteers.
- Recruit and train Drivers as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Supervise, coach, motivate and performance manage Drivers, in consultation with the Operations Manager and Human Resource Departments, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Plan, participate and facilitate regular staff meetings for Drivers as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Work with Operations Manager and Business Operations staff to develop a plan to achieve local goals and assists in the development of area-marketing strategies for Business Operations. Assists the Operations Manager to ensure the promotion of the Business Operations through the placement of drop boxes, attended stations, donation depots, media, targeted marketing initiative and special events.
- Ensure required merchandise is delivered to all Value Village Stores as per the delivery schedule. * Assist the Operations Manager to plan and implement innovative, effective methods to meet all contractual obligations.
- Maintain attendance records and coordinate staffing schedules as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ensure payroll records are accurate and sent to the National Payroll Department on a timely basis.
- Administrative/operational responsibilities may include but are not limited to: responding to and resolving customer concerns, preparing invoices, internal transfers, reconciling billing summaries, accurately tracking inventory levels, monitoring staff productivity, monitoring and updating schedules for the servicing of drop boxes and work assignments, managing the database, accurate completion of all statistical reports.
- Coordination of Drivers and trucks including but not limited to: monitoring GPS, completing route audits, assisting with route and/or truck problems, advising drivers of special pickups and cancellations, coordinating of fleet maintenance and acting as a liaison between the drivers, Value Village and Ryder personnel.
- Ensure effective transition between shifts and supervises daily workflow. Responsible for following appropriate security measures when opening and/or closing the office.
- Manage the operation in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary environment with a scheduling component.
- Ability to provide direction, motivation, training and support to staff members.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and telephone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of office equipment such as printers, photocopiers, fax machines, multi-line telephone systems etc.
- Able to work in a busy and multi-tasked environment.
- Knowledge of diabetes an asset.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to: www.diabetes.ca/careers
Only applicants who apply through www.diabetes.ca/careers will be considered!!
At the National Diabetes Trust, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 10 months ago