General Accountant role you will be responsible for all general accounting activities including reconciliations, financial statement preparation, statistical data, budget preparation, and forecasting. In this General Accountant role you will supervise others as well as complete tasks associated with the month-end process.
- accounting experience
- Solid MS Word and Excel Skills
- Solid MS Outlook skills
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiar with multicurrency accounting
- Bank reconciliation monthly
- Deposits as often as necessary
- EFT transfers for vendors
- Wire transfers when required
- Reconcile 2 bank accounts - incl. Cdn & US currency
- Prepare & enter Month End journal entries
- Watch the currency exchange rates daily and exchange US funds for CDN when received using TDFX
- Import transactions from in-house system into SAP –ensure they balance
- Code & enter invoices and expense claims
- Supervise the reconciliation of vendor statements - approve necessary adjustments/changes
- monitor cheque runs & On-line payments
- Prepare or monitor wire transfers and eft transfer
- Maintain two corporate Visa accounts reconcile and post monthly.
- Correspond with vendors
- Maintain Filing System
- Daily chq deposit – monitor entry of receipt details
- Supervise entry of credit card payments
- Answer customer inquiries, claims,
- Set up new customer accounts in system
- Supervise adjustments and refunds when necessary
- Monitor collections
- Maintain HR files in conjunction with other Managers
- Setup all employees in Ezlabour and payatwork.
- Monitor EZlabour and import into payatwork biweekly
- Balance import of data in payatwork , process and issue eft deposit.
- Process any adjustments, vacation pay, separation slips.
- Process all remittances for Source deductions, Wsib, EHT, Guaranshee’s , etc.
- Balance T4’s yearly and issue to employees.
- Balance submit year reconciliation for WSIB, EHT.
- Any necessary filings required.
- Prepare reconciliation of cost of claims and create all invoices for month.
- Prepare all schedules for risk clients.
- Import A/R and A/P transactions into GL and balance.
- Balance and reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Post standard entries – Payroll, bank activity, allocations of income, exchange, accruals etc.
- Review income statements and client contract schedules.
- Prepare all schedules at month end and year end.
- Gst & Qst remittances
- Prepare all working papers and backup schedules for detail of all accounts for year end to present to Accountant
- Prepare and organized the budget process yearly as well as revised forecasting.
Please send your resume for consideration.