Due to increased production, The Lakeshore Fish Company, located in the picturesque town of Port Dover, Ontario is currently seeking an enthusiastic, team-player to join their team as an Assistant Plant Supervisor (Permanent – Full Time)
- Monitor daily production activities against production plan and paperwork while ensuring to communicate progress within the team and to Production Supervisor; communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Sets a good example for team members through motivation and engagement; ability to “jump in” on the production line as required to ensure daily productivity targets are met
- Aids Production Supervisor in maintaining product flow as per production requirements, customer specifications and daily productivity targets.
- Identifies technical issues with production/warehouse equipment; ensures equipment/processes are operating at optimum levels.
- Monitor quality output of product prior to refrigeration and packaging; ensures product shipment, packaging and overall warehouse logistics are at top performance.
- Works proactively to ensure shipments are received and expedited in a timely manner; utilizes forklift as required.
- Maintains warehouse supply inventory.
- Interprets and enforces all corporate policy and procedures including but not limited to Provincial & Federal food processing/fishing regulations; reports all non-compliance to Production Supervisor and Management.
- Ensures all documentation is accurate, approved and completed prior to shift completion.
- Assist and support Production Supervisor with various daily activities as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12; Post-Secondary Education is considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working within a similar role.
- Possession of a valid forklift license is considered an asset; must be willing to complete in-house forklift license training.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated, team-player with the ability to motivate others through clear and concise communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high-attention to detail.
Please send resumes in Word or PDF format.
We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The family owned and operated Lakeshore Fish Company located in Port Dover, Ontario, stretches back more than a century and five generations. In 1989, the family owned-business added in-house fish processing to their repertoire. Since then the company has expanded their business to include a 15,000 sqft processing facility and Retail Outlet to their Lake Erie operation. In 2011, The Lakeshore Fish Company became the exclusive Supplier of “fresh water fish” to one of the leading Canadian Grocery Retail chains in Canada. With more than 65 employees and a growing transportation fleet, The Lakeshore Fish Company is looking to become a market leader in the fishing industry.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Confidential Research Co. was founded in 2003 by Philip Restivo, a licensed private investigator with over 19 years experience. All...