Due to recent growth, The Lakeshore Fish Company, located in the picturesque town of Port Dover, Ontario is currently looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Accountant to join their team.
- Prepare P & L statements, monthly closing, balance sheet reconciliations, cost accounting reports and actual vs. forecasted budget consistently ensuring data integrity.
- Prepare entries to accounts such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Review weekly sales, gross profits, shrink, expenses etc.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels while making recommendations for expenditure control.
- Compile, analyze and present financials on a monthly basis to Upper Management providing interpretation and recommendations as required.
- Ensure Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables are updated and accurate.
- Manage and submit weekly payroll and weekly bank deposit.
- Assist in preparing and submitting quarterly HST Remittance & Year End Income Tax.
- Assist with Government related audits as required.
- Serve as key point of contact for all Accounting related questions.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Recommend, establish and maintain the implementation of accounting control procedures.
- Other projects and analysis as required.
- Assist in the development of the annual operating budgeting with Upper Management.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience working with Small to mid-size organizations.
- University Degree/College Diploma in Accounting and/or current enrollment in Accounting Certification Program ie. CA, CMA, CGA is considered an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High attention to detail;
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a focus in Excel;
- Working knowledge of Simply Accounting is considered an asset
Interested candidates should send their resumes in Word or PDF format.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The family owned and operated Lakeshore Fish Company located in Port Dover, Ontario, stretches back more than a century and five generations. In 1989, the family owned-business added in-house fish processing to their repertoire. Since then the company has expanded their business to include a 15,000 sqft processing facility and Retail Outlet to their Lake Erie operation. In 2011, The Lakeshore Fish Company became the exclusive Supplier of “fresh water fish” to one of the leading Canadian Grocery Retail chains in Canada. With more than 65 employees and a growing transportation fleet, The Lakeshore Fish Company is looking to become a market leader in the fishing industry.
Indeed - 16 months ago