CONFEDERATION COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Exciting opportunity to teach upcoming social workers.
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 27, 2015
A dynamic learning environment for student and teacher. Comprehensive range of courses covered the range which represent issues in the community of social work clients.
Worked over the summer when I was a student
Groundskeeper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 1, 2014
Because I loved the nature of the work being a groundskeeper, it was a great summer. We had a good lead hand, performed tons of tree removal at the request of the security department. Naturally, the budget just wasn't there to keep our equipment running well. Once the truck's door no longer stayed latched closed, we lost the ability to use a truck altogether (it was unsafe to operate, but they would not have it fixed).

I loved what I did and the team I worked with, but the college expected us to perform near-miracles on a shoestring budget.

The government paid the majority of our wages ($12/hr) and the college kicked in an extra $2/hr, which means that we performed the work of a tree removal team for several weeks and the college got away with having to pay very little for what would be an expensive service had the work been contracted out.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough budget allocated to do a great job
part time contracts
Professor - Under Contract (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 17, 2013
travel to other centres for training
creativity in preparing and conducting training
total responsibility for training and content
Pros
self reliant
Cons
part time
Good reliable place to work with good benifits.
Office Assistant/Typist Steno (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 23, 2013
Fun busy place to work. Busy during Sept. and Dec./Jan. with catch up time during summer time.

Union jobs are good, but at times may be difficult to advance yourself.
Pros
holidays and staff sports teams
Cons
difficult to advance
Terrible Place to Work
Can't Say (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 13, 2012
The management does whatever they want. Union is of little help. If you are sick make sure you don't miss work or you have management finding ways to blame you for everything and anything
Pros
i don't work there anymore
Cons
worst management in the city, new president is awful!!!!, and just a horrible place to work... don't do it!!!!
Good to work, flexible work timing
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 28, 2012
Friendly workplace for the students, employee has the option to choose his or her own working time.
Excellent opportunity to learn.
Student Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 2, 2012
Assisted resident millwright within the college in performing regular maintenance and facility up keep.
Also had the opportunity to learn about internal water testing practices and the distribution of such within the college.
Pros
lots of hands on learning.
Cons
was a summer job for students and ended at the end of summer.
Fun place to work
Campus Walk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 22, 2012
Worked with a great group of people. Help people locate rooms in the college or information on certain events going on within the college
Pros
didn't effect my life
Cons
no one was around at times
Empresa dinamica e competente que visa o bem estar dos alunos e empregados.
Estagiario de segurança do trabalho (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 3, 2015
Uma empresa de educação com varias sedes em todo o Canadá que visa o aprendizado. Meu período de trabalho foi excepcional, aprendi muito com minha chefe, participei de decisões do conselho, reformulação do orçamento e reformulação de escritórios e salas para um melhor aproveitamento do espaço.