CONESTOGA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Casual, goal-oriented with friendly co-workers
Student Telephone Caller (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: fun, well managed, flexibility, good pay
Cons: had a lower-end job, lots of work
A typical night at work would be after class around 5:30-9:00. Mostly self-managed, and driven towards a goal (successful donations, how many, how much)

Co-workers were all students and very friendly, and my supervisor was awesome to work for. She really encouraged you to have a fun time when things got a little stressful.

Hardest part was getting a successful donation around Christmas, the most enjoyable part was communicating with alumni about their experiences and building a relationship.
Non paid Work placement
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Work on Computer
Cons: Attention to details
I started working at Conestoga two weeks ago only. It is a part of my program to find a work placement and work for three weeks. I got hired at Conestoga College. My duties are to do filing, Creating Excel files, Scanning, Keeping track of Inventory list and organizing files. I have learned how to be organized and how to prioritize my duties. All the staff members are very friendly and helpful with me. I haven't had any hard duties at this work placement yet. I really enjoy working on excel files and editing them.
I enjoyed working with my fellow employees
Technical Training and Development Liaison (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Long hours
Even though it was only a one year contract, I learned several new skills that helped me with my next position.
I spent some of the time processing documents for technical training courses and assembling binders to be deliverd to classes in the facility.
Practical Learning Setting
Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: lunch and break times
Cons: remedial work
Every thing is well organized and we have a good time learning all day. We are here for eachother as a class and have our own mission statement. Conestoga is a great learning environment, and the career building course is very directive and helpful in finding a job.
Best job I have ever had.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 30, 2013
This company was a great place to work at because all of my bosses were also my teachers for the time spent at the College. They knew how productive I am and decided to give me the job which really helped me out.
It was by far the greatest learning experience I have had so far
Student Electrician (Former Employee), KitchenerFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: easy fridays
Cons: tough mondays
My journeyman showed me so many things that I will never forget. Ways to approach projects and problems to solve them better, make the job look nicer etc.
very enjoyable experience
Instructor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: class enrollment dictates instructor employment
teaching young people the essence of my skills which will allow them to succeed in their careers was very enjoyable.
the hours were easily manageable and full of promise
learning 40+ names in a few weeks was challenging
Fun environment
Welder Helper (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: little hours
i really liked this job due to the fact that i was dealing with younger students, teaching them how to weld with a number of different processes and how to set each machine up to complete a successfully weld for each.
A great place to work
Fees Support Services Officer (Current Employee), KitchenerNovember 5, 2013
Pros: very laid back
Cons: can't think of any
A wonderful working environment with great employees. Very understanding and adaptable to many peoples needs. In a typical day I deal with all sorts of different people regarding there financial needs.
Conestoga is a school dedicated to the total development of its students.
Business Marketing (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 6, 2015
Conestoga students are known to be productive, hard working,self confident and like working with others. I think it is due to the manner the students are encouraged to work hard and with each other.
Cultural workplace
proctor (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Conestoga College, I met a lot of people from various parts of the world, I also worked with very intelligent, fun, and cultural people. It was a great working environment with lots to learn and lots to give.
Very good student environment
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Kitchener,DoonJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good orientation and training sessions
A typical day goes by really quickly because there is always assignments and extra activities that require participation.The orientation sessions for new students are very thorough and interesting.
Great place to work as a student
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Gym access.
Cons: None
Great place to work as a student because it was on campus and allowed me to have extra money as a student. I enjoyed the gym atmosphere and the people that I met while working.
Fun work atmosphere, rewarding work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 6, 2015
I worked part-time tutoring Statistics, Chemistry, and Biology to first year students.

The schedule was accommodating and I was happy to make some extra cash while helping students with their studies.
Supportive and friendly work culture
Co-op student (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 21, 2015
Conestoga is a great place to work. People are friendly and supportive. The only downside is that it is very difficult to get a full-time position. Most people enter on a part-time basis.
was terrible place to work
Customer Service, Cashier, Coyote Jacks (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 10, 2012
Cons: no pay raises
On the job trained yourself, thank goodness havebeen in food service before.
Trained everyone they hired after me.
Great Place
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: felxible schedules
Cons: n/a
Working for the college is an exciting experience where you will learn valuable skills and meet many people.
Interesting company to work for.
Exam Proctor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 26, 2016
I am please with this company. I enjoy working with them.They treat their employees with a lot of respect. Very happy to part of the team.
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
IT Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 8, 2013
Working in MyCareer (online job searching application) all day. Making sure the reports and request made by staff be accurate.
Great experience
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Doon CampusAugust 12, 2015
I have always enjoyed working with Conestoga College and the satisfaction of helping the students achieve their goals and grow through practiced learning