CONESTOGA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Turn around and run away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 July 2017
The president has been there too long. There is a lot of old blood that doesn't retire. This means you are constantly watching your back. Extremely strict. Very top heavy in management. There is a manager for every manager and all of them are out synch with what is going on in the trenches.
benefits
Cons
as above
Rewarding and productive
Professor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2017
I have taught before but this is even better! Management is extremely helpful whenever I need assistance.
I have learned that some elearning platforms are not easy but I have managed to get through and figure it out!
The most enjoyable part is seeing my students succeed.
After all, that's what I do this for!
Pros
Fits with my full-time work schedule
Cons
Don't get paid for outside work
Great staff and fun experience.
Varsity Team Badminton Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2017
This is a great position to learn how to build leadership skills as well as communication skills. Working with the Conestoga staff was a pleasure as they are all willing to help and create a fun environment for the students.
Productive and social working environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 March 2017
• Run Front Desk operations, opening and closing the Recreation Center, providing customer service to students, staff, and outside community members via phone, email and face to face interaction
• Provide administrative support to full time staff and management
• Create and process memberships and inform new and prospective members of our services
• Shipping and receiving coordinator, oversees scheduling and facilitates tracking deliveries
• Assist with set up and tear down of small and large scale events and activities
Productive place and great experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2017
A great college with great study environment .
College Management and teachers are really good.
Labs are equipped with modern tools and equipments.
I got a good experience from Conestoga College in my program and I am ready now for any job in my field .
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 February 2017
They gave us a short time how to prepare the server to make Active Directory then gave us a demo how to do it .
After that we had a time to do it our self with little supervision from instructor . .
Assist you to develop sound knowledge of what you need to know on the job.
Junior Labour Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
A typical work day would be log into the system, check for previous day task and complete them first before starting a new day's activities. I had a considerate manager who was always there to offer advice and assist with any questions i had. The work environment is calm and very friendly as everyone wanted to know how i was finding my new role. The hardest part of the job was having to do make indebt research relating to my job function. The most enjoyable part was when i was acknowledged for the roles i played (paying attention to details and early to all appointments and meetings). More so, working independently on my own at some point made it interesting for me as i also made sound decisions that was agreeable with my boss.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Tedious research and the use of analytical skills
Productive and condusive place to work
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
The experience was interesting, not to mention the exposure to different people and culture from around the world. Helping people out on there journey through the beauty of the canadian culture and society, was fulfiling in itself.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Supportive Work Environment, but limited hours
Radio Broadcasting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2017
Overall, I'd say this is a great place to work.

There's paid training and occasional meetings, but aside from that you make your own schedule.

The management is very good, it's a very respectful work environment, and problems are dealt with quickly and quietly.

My only complaint is that, because I'm a tutor, I only get paid when I have appointments. But I'm limited to six billed hours per week, meaning I can only have six appointments per week.

My class is quite small so this doesn't limit me too much, but some of my peers have this problem.
Pros
Respectful work environment, Make your own schedule
Cons
Limited Hours
Front desk representative
Orientation Leader and Respect Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 December 2016
Deal with students and other customers during days and night. I also have skills to book rooms online by using different software. fast place working.
enjoyable workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 September 2016
China Guoji provided workers with a worker friendly environment that made workers comfortable and able to express themselves freely. The hardest part of the job was when I had to leave because I was relocating aside that, I enjoyed every moment of my stay.
Okay, but lots of people get stuck there
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 September 2016
Lots of contract work. Friendly people. Not very flexible re. working arrangements. Pay depends on your category. Don't think they really care about employees.
Big College lots of red tap
Program Learning Strategist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 August 2016
Its a big college and top heavy with management. Depending on which department, its filtered with red tape. Co workers are always willing to learn. Culture stems from a President who has been around for 35 years.
Handsome
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 July 2016
I enjoyed being a student at Conestoga College
The Staff are very helpful and friendly
I enjoyed working and studying as a group
I learned too many things like how to do work independently and how to work as a group. I faced some issue during that and was able to go through it and finished work on time.
I strengthen my communication skills
Relaxed environment hopefully stimulates growth of employees
Employment Officer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 May 2016
A more relaxed environment at Conestoga than at the local Universities. Management is forward-thinking, employers seem split on their drive to achieve high-expectations.
Fast placed work environment
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 May 2016
The pace can fluctuate with the course classes. One day it can be faced paced and other days it slows down and it give the workers a chance to catch up and prepare for the next wave.
Very nice and organized place to work
Computer Help Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 May 2016
The college is set in order. Within a week you will memorize all the college important place. Library, Computer Labs, etc..

I Learned to be punctuate, problems solving, Listen to both co-workers and students and make the best of every situation.

Some time you have to come early before student comes around 7 am before classes start

It's important to mention the college is wheelchair accessible
Pros
Friendly environment to work
Cons
Some time late break because too much student need help at once
fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON1 May 2016
Working for them was defiantly a new experience but it was fun non the less i love to help out and make work fun and they are very well organized.
Academic Course (Mandatory)
Industrial Project Design (Mandatory) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2016
I was working with a group at school. My jobs were designing the assembly parts with Solid Work , charging in PLC code troubleshooting and Servo motor system. I learned how to use servo motor systems like Lin mot talk 6 and Cool muscle. Getting tons of Omron PLC knowledge. I think the most interesting job is to develop our servo control section. Using Cool muscle and Lin mot 6 software to write codes to come up with the servo motor crisp actions.
Productive and Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 March 2016
It was a good experience. It was productive and fun. They paid well. Work load was not much. It was interactive. I was learning well.
Pros
good hours