CONESTOGA COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: good hours
Cons: long hours
It was a good experience. It was productive and fun. They paid well. Work load was not much. It was interactive. I was learning well.
Fun and energizing place to work!
Instructor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Autonomy in the classroom
Cons: Contract provides no guarantee to hours next semester
Teaching is incredibly rewarding. Conestoga provides small classes where individual attention is provided for the students.

Good support from staff and administration

Job security is not provided for people on contract.
Fun place and Learned a lot
Research Assistant(COOP) (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: On Campus Job
Cons: None
The workplace is really amazing
Learned a lot about new technologies
Got all the help whenever need during project
Very Friendly coworkers
Productive, educational place to work
IT Service Support Staff (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 12, 2016
With Conestoga College's IT Department, I have had the opportunity to lean many new things since October. A typical day at work consists of assisting students and faculty with IT problems they may be facing from password resets to connecting to the WIFI. I have learned a great deal about software, and their system manager for creating tickets for electronics that need to be fixed/looked at around the College
fun independent work environment
Part time Maintenance staff (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: short shifts
a great work experience and environment with the opportunity to work with a diverse team of fellow students throughout the different departments at the recreation center.
Professional Philosophy
Student Life Department - Information Desk (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Working hard for something you love is PASSION, so find that passion in you and stride towards that and make it your goal. Finding this passion might feel like a roller-coaster ride at times but stay on, the tracks will find itself and everything will smooth itself back out again. Just hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
Interesting company to work for.
Exam Proctor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 26, 2016
I am please with this company. I enjoy working with them.They treat their employees with a lot of respect. Very happy to part of the team.
I enjoyed working with my fellow employees
Technical Training and Development Liaison (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Long hours
Even though it was only a one year contract, I learned several new skills that helped me with my next position.
I spent some of the time processing documents for technical training courses and assembling binders to be deliverd to classes in the facility.
very enjoyable experience
Instructor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: class enrollment dictates instructor employment
teaching young people the essence of my skills which will allow them to succeed in their careers was very enjoyable.
the hours were easily manageable and full of promise
learning 40+ names in a few weeks was challenging
Great place to work as a student
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Gym access.
Cons: None
Great place to work as a student because it was on campus and allowed me to have extra money as a student. I enjoyed the gym atmosphere and the people that I met while working.
Fun work atmosphere, rewarding work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 6, 2015
I worked part-time tutoring Statistics, Chemistry, and Biology to first year students.

The schedule was accommodating and I was happy to make some extra cash while helping students with their studies.
Supportive and friendly work culture
Co-op student (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 21, 2015
Conestoga is a great place to work. People are friendly and supportive. The only downside is that it is very difficult to get a full-time position. Most people enter on a part-time basis.
Great experience
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Doon CampusAugust 12, 2015
I have always enjoyed working with Conestoga College and the satisfaction of helping the students achieve their goals and grow through practiced learning
Conestoga is a school dedicated to the total development of its students.
Business Marketing (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 6, 2015
Conestoga students are known to be productive, hard working,self confident and like working with others. I think it is due to the manner the students are encouraged to work hard and with each other.
Non paid Work placement
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Work on Computer
Cons: Attention to details
I started working at Conestoga two weeks ago only. It is a part of my program to find a work placement and work for three weeks. I got hired at Conestoga College. My duties are to do filing, Creating Excel files, Scanning, Keeping track of Inventory list and organizing files. I have learned how to be organized and how to prioritize my duties. All the staff members are very friendly and helpful with me. I haven't had any hard duties at this work placement yet. I really enjoy working on excel files and editing them.
Fun environment
Welder Helper (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: little hours
i really liked this job due to the fact that i was dealing with younger students, teaching them how to weld with a number of different processes and how to set each machine up to complete a successfully weld for each.
Great Place
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: felxible schedules
Cons: n/a
Working for the college is an exciting experience where you will learn valuable skills and meet many people.
fun
IT Support (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: not enough hours
Good time working at the help desk. Easy just waiting for calls. Reset user accounts.
Cultural workplace
proctor (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Conestoga College, I met a lot of people from various parts of the world, I also worked with very intelligent, fun, and cultural people. It was a great working environment with lots to learn and lots to give.
Casual, goal-oriented with friendly co-workers
Student Telephone Caller (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: fun, well managed, flexibility, good pay
Cons: had a lower-end job, lots of work
A typical night at work would be after class around 5:30-9:00. Mostly self-managed, and driven towards a goal (successful donations, how many, how much)

Co-workers were all students and very friendly, and my supervisor was awesome to work for. She really encouraged you to have a fun time when things got a little stressful.

Hardest part was getting a successful donation around Christmas, the most enjoyable part was communicating with alumni about their experiences and building a relationship.