Concordia University

Concordia University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good university
Lab Demonstrator (Former Employee), montrealJune 2, 2015
its located in the heart of the city. it has real good features and facilities for the students to work and learn. esp the labs are modern.
Good learning Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 28, 2015
It was my very first job in Canada. I came to know the time management and gained experience in teaching. It was good to interact with the students and making new connections.
Typical classroom environment.
Note-Taking Volunteer (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 12, 2015
Pros: Extra credit
Cons: Scanning and uploading requires me to go to the library which is far from where I live.
Attend class, listen to lecture, take neat and comprehensive notes. Scan and upload onto the internet. Help other students achieve better grades and learn the course material more fully.
Great first step in the Academic World
Lecturer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Hands On, Used My Knowledge And Skills, Autonomously Driven Yet Social Environment, Socially Rewarding
Cons: Suboptimal Wage
I was a Lecturer for a second course in Calculus taught from 8:45-10:00 am.

My responsibilities included relating my knowledge of the subject to my students in a way understandable at their level, making sure to get their feedback and adapt my examples to suit them, strengthening their week-points in the material.

Afterwards I would have office hours, wherein I would address the individual needs and questions of each student attending. I always encourage attending these as it is the perfect haven for the more timid students to seek out help, which would be frightened to do so in-front of their peers.

The hardest part of my job was to ensure that every single one of my students understood the material to the best of their abilities. I achieved this as best I could by always listening to their feedback, providing extra unpaid office hours and addressing their concerns via email correspondences.

This then lead into the easiest and most rewarding part of my job, which was seeing their success upon the hard work on both our parts at the end of the semester.

Throughout this entire process I learnt that impeccable time management, keen communications skills and autonomy were crucial in being able to successfully manage 80 students, without each of these I could not have achieved in them the results I was wanted, which was their success.

Also, it was very pleasant to worked individually on my section yet to be part of a group of five professors and lecturers who worked together as a team to optimize our teaching plans and strategies.
Energetic and there were a lot to learn
Teacher Assistance (Former Employee), MontrealMay 5, 2015
Here is what I have to do :

•Teaching the AutoCAD and help students how to become familiar with modular concepts.

•Prepare lesson materials, presentation slides, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.

•Prepare material to aide students with their assignment.

My supervisor was not only a manager but also a perfect leader and my coworkers were the best in team work and sharing the information.They were really supportive.I learned how to work in group and how to deal with different people.
The hardest part was during exam period,that you have to lead the students and don't let them down,but when you saw how hardworking they are and how they improve that was the real joy.
IITS Service Desk Agent
IITS Service Desk Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2015
It's a perfect first job for me: close to where I live and give me the opportunity to learn a great number of different skills.
Awful Payment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), MontrealApril 3, 2015
I have been research assistant and Teacher assistant for two years and the payment in Concordia and the way that University treats us was awful. I am very un satisfied with the services that I received in Concordia University.
Great job in an artistic atmosphere
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 8, 2015
It has been a very enriching job, I've learnt a few techniques of finishing, painting, decoration that are really useful. The relation with other co-workers and the boss is great. It demands sometimes some physical work that can be a bit exhausting.
very organized and progressive based on the schedule
Linguist Research Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2015
The position is a distance position which I manage it from anywhere that I want through the internet. For this project I work 20 hours per week. I usually make it at weekends although some parts have been divided to week days.
Educational work envoirment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: best place i have ever worked at.
Cons: no cons.
Great place to work.
Health and pension benefits.
Friendly,supportive and fun place to work.
Centrally located.
Access to all university benefits.
Research Assistant
PhD Candidate/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 23, 2015
Expand community knowledge by publishing papers in renowned journals and conferences
 Developed innovative, rigorous, in-depth, and novel mathematical analysis
 Improved reliability and throughput of wireless communication system by proposing new transmission techniques
Not a good place for graduate students.
RF Engineer & Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 21, 2015
The funding for graduate students is really. The EV building is good. The research environment is not very professional.
Good working environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montreal QuebecJanuary 12, 2015
Nice interactive environment with good people. Opportunity to learn a lot about various engineering fields
Nice Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2014
The place is nice with multicultural diversity. The work load is good and the environment is very productive. however, you have to be self driven. The work is English but you will need French for your everyday work outside Concordia. The shuttle bus between the two campuses makes the transportation easy, quick and affordable.
Concordia is not like UdeM
Faculty of Arts and Science (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 6, 2014
I learned How to Manga the lab because my supervisor left the lab 5 months without any contact
I act as supervisor to participate in the graduation of 2 master student
The supervisor back but he does not offer a good enviroment
Professional Work Environment
Assessment Model for Water Distribution Network (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 20, 2014
It was part of my Masters degree,I had a very nice experience working as research assistant at Concordia University. Very professional and flexible work environment. Helpful colleagues. I learnt a lot of decision making and management tools and techniques and applied them at different stages of the work. Being able to use all the university facilities was very helpful in the research work.
Challenging multi-disciplinary research environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Montreal, QCNovember 10, 2014
opportunities to do theoretical research and test theories on a large range of applications
Multidisciplinary research environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: informative workshops free of charge
Combined theoretical and experimental research
Science and engineering libraries separated in buildings on two campuses, free transport offered between them by the university
learned a lot and enjoyed being with students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), MontrealNovember 7, 2014
Professors are very supportive and understanding. Hardest part was grading the exams with a deadline.
productive and comfortable place for work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), quebec montrealNovember 5, 2014
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with students.
• Teach undergraduate mathematics courses.

1 2 3 4 5