Concordia University Employee Reviews

Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
It's a very good university with best facilities you can ever find in Canada.
I have worked there as a PhD research assistant since 2014. The total environment is positive toward the research and my supervisors are too helpful and supportive.
fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
Modern working environments and state of the art technology. good workplace culture. Fun events to garner student involvement. Good management hierarchy.
Quality of Education and Research
MASc student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2017
Quality of education in Concordia is moderate. While there are some very good professors in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, some part-time professors are also hired from time to time. They are usually less qualified compared to a full-time professor. Graduate courses offered are good and I have leant a lot from them.

Quality of research is dependent on the professor and group environment. The Mixed-signal IC Design Group has a very nice co-operative environment. Regular group meetings guide and accelerate the productivity. Funding for an MASc student is good. In case papers are published, there's travel grant as well. I enjoyed doing research in Concordia.
working at Concordia University
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2017
Simple, redundant tasks to support professors. Basically doing all the boring tasks for a professor. The work can be done in flexible hours and the work environment is very friendly.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
redundant
Bonne opinion
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
Concordia est un environment de travil très agréable
Great Place to learn and grow
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2017
Parallel and Distributed Computer Systems Research Group in Computer Science and Software Engineering department has broad area of research including high-performance computing and parallel/distributed computing.

Some of tasks:
Weekly meetings with your supervisor
Daily Research and Coding in your lab.
Tutoring and lab demonstration.
Pros
good labs and facilities
Cons
working individually and in isolation
Great place to bring your experience
General Manager Concordia Stores (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC12 September 2017
Was able to contribute to the success of the University's book store operations. Employees are professional and very knowledgeable in their areas of responsibilities. In the time I worked there, my team and I executed major renovations which brought the stores into the modern age by offering a shopping environment that meets world class standards.
New technology was introduce and services such as click&collect offered new opportunities for the students to make their purchases without having to wait in long line-ups.
The fashion was separated from the educational goods and a boutique across from the bookstore was created offering a unique shopping experience for the students. Overall, I am glad to have been part of this incredible journey. I was able to bring the best of my abilities to this amazing project
Pros
Cons
At time can be a very controlled working environment
Educational and fun workplace with engaging social activities
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
The work is part of the research required to write the master's thesis. The professor/supervisor is attentive, supportive but strict and fair. Nevertheless, he allows freedom to do research independently. Progress and results are reported weekly, monthly and quarterly every semester. The stipends are poor, but the expense and livelihood are manageable with external funding. Writing publications is the most memorable experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
I only worked for my supervisor, so I do not feel comfortable with rating the whole university. My supervisor has determined my salary, hours that I spend working on projects, and everything else.
Pros
Research jobs in academia give you feeling of contribution to the science.
Cons
There are no strict hours, so you can end up working on weekends.
Productive and Fun place to work
Software Engineer Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC20 August 2017
it was a good experience. I have learned Testing and working on various testing tools. I have worked on web-based and client/ server applications. Just want to thank them.
The most enjoyable part of teaching
Part time faculty (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 August 2017
Although class preparation and updating lectures are challenging and time consuming, class discussions are the most enjoyable part of teaching, I really valued the interactions that I normally had with students in class.
Research & Teaching Assistant.
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2017
It really depends on the professor you work for/with. I was lucky to do a research assignment with a great professor in the MPPPA department. Teaching assistants are underpaid.
best
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2017
very good
inspiring
advise anyone to go there
melting pot of canadian and international students.
capable profesors, unique setting, advanced technology
fun place
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2017
its a good school i enjoy it a lot especially since it is a friendly environment. The students are all very nice to one another and so it makes going there much more enjoyable.
Pros
big school
Cons
lots of work
Big University
Employee (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC7 June 2017
A great institution that is going to take great lengths to improve the student body experience. Concordia as a great environment but lack a more human approach due to its size.
Great opportunity to apply learning
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Montreal15 May 2017
I found that this was a great opportunity to apply theory from the classroom and apply it to the work place. My studies in childhood development and program planning allowed me to adjust very quickly to the demands of the job.
I help student on school projects
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2017
Helping students on there course project is a fun thing to do. I do it because i like to help other fellow students. The more i help them, the more i feel comfortable at my own skills and the more i get to learn new techniques on tackling problems.
Good location in downtown
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
Concordia University is an easygoing school to be graduated, and the quality of work is highly relies on the student and his supervisor. Culture in downtown campus is like office buildings and is kind of formal environment.
it was good place
Lab Monitor at Concordia Arts and Science Faculty (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2017
good place and good environment the labs are big and there are some tasks need to be done every time
supporting the students is fun and will add value to your work experience
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2017
It is good experience for the beginner. I've being working as a RA for half a year and I would say it was great boost to my skills. I really love this place.