Concordia University

Concordia University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good employer and working environment
Outreach Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no contract
The Graduate and Professional Skills Program offers more than 220 free workshops and events every semester for Concordia graduate students. I am one of the three full-time staff members. Other 16 graduate students work part time (10 hours/week) doing different jobs.

My position combines outreach and administrative tasks.

Outreach:

- I am responsible – more... for developing the 2014-2015 Outreach Strategic Plan, which includes a detailed schedule (by week) of the themes and activities that will be promoted, as well as the media platforms that will be used and the person responsible for the task. It also includes the development of a new social media strategy to increase followers and audience engagement, as well as the creation of a new graphic concept for our promotion materials.

- I am also building the Outreach Handbook, a how-to manual aimed to standardize processes and facilitate the learning process for new staff or team members involved in the promotion of the program.

- I also coordinate the Ambassadors Program. This involves analyzing our databases to invite potential volunteers, organize and lead information and training sessions, assign tasks, monitor performance and provide feedback. Sixteen graduate students signed in as volunteers for the 2014 fall semester.

- Finally, I also work as a graphic designer. I use Photoshop to create web banners and visually attractive images, and Publisher to create handouts, posters and other printed materials. I also create the QR codes that are added to any printed material.

Administrative tasks:
- Follow up with workshop leaders and other partners to gather information necessary to promote workshops or events, process any technical requirements, and write thank you letters after the event.
- Keep student attendance records up-to-date.
- Incorporate feedback and attendance data into future plans.
- Participate in the hiring process of new team members.

Overall, this is a great job. I have developed an excellent relation with the Program Director, my supervisor, my colleagues and all team members. However, I don't have a contract, and now that the program is transitioning from a pilot project to a permanent program it is unclear how the changes that this transition implies will impact me. That is why I am exploring other options. – less
A productive work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Brossard, QCJuly 8, 2014
-Counselled University students in regards to the development of their academic projects
-Provided follow up to students in regards to academic lectures and assignments
-Reviewed/marked class assignments according to established marking schemes
-Liaised with professors, students, and the academic department to satisfy student requests
-Reviewed student – more... complaints in regards to assigned course work – less
Positive Challenges and Continuous Improvements
Laboratory Instructor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 27, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: not very organized laboratory
The positive aspect of working as an environmental lab instructor for me was to be able to practically practice all my knowledge and carry on all the related water/soil experiments. The job was challenging at first since the laboratory that I was suppose to work in was recently renovated and there were a lot of equipment missing. I had to quickly go – more... through all the environmental related experiments and check to see if all the necessary equipment are available, if not I had to purchase them from the companies. – less
Grants and bursaries
Researcher (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 26, 2014
Depending on merit, there are good chances to find research grants and bursaries.
very relaxed environment
Chemical Stock Keeper (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: seasonal job only during academic semester
the job environment was very relaxed and very flexible. I was given individual projects for me to complete on my own time and at my own pace.
Excellent employer
part time faculty (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 23, 2014
Cons: part time, contractual work
I have had the chance to teach in the Applied Human Science department for over 13 years now. At all levels it has been a great experience. Contact with other faculty as well as students.
A great opportunity to share knowledge but also to learn always!
fun work place for students
student (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 11, 2014
-Sourced, prospected, negotiated, and secured lucrative relationships with new sponsors for organizational events, including signing 3 business sponsors within one week for CCSA student discount card.
– Researched, authored, and published well-received article in Montreal's Sept Days newspaper.
– Delivered charismatic presentation to new students during – more... orientation. – less
Productive and social workplace, always challenging tasks
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 6, 2014
My team and I were responsible on testing bugs and vulnerabilities of the applications such as websites, smartphone apps.
typically we were learning new techniques, programming languages and in depth discussions about our tasks and how we can achieve it.
the team were 4 engineers, each one is major in a specific programming language and we were help – more... each other if there is any difficult task. – less
great experience
Budget Analyst, Financial Services (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2014
it was great experience working there. i loved the team i worked with and the envirnement was freindly. good managment style I liked the open door policy. part of our job as a budget analysts was to make recomendations how can we save money and one of the recomendations was to cut employees.
educational
Graduate research student (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches during seminars
academic
lot to learn
lots of fun
presentation
scientific meeting
Easy-going and Collegial
President of Graduate Students Association (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2014
The university is not just a place of learning for students. It is also the same for employees as well: learning from the students themselves in an environment built on diversity provides a great deal of richness as well.
Technical Support Engineer
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
• Experience with networking (PC configuration and troubleshooting with the Windows operating system, networking principles and the IP protocol, networking equipment configuration and troubleshooting (switches, routers)).
• Experience with signal processing (image security and watermarking).
• Experience working with Matlab and C++.
• Excellent analytical – more... skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Strong sense of professionalism. – less
productive and friendly work place with an exceptional opportunity to improve skills
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 2, 2014
Accomplished, diligent, dedicated and hardworking engineering
Excellent learning experience
Ful-time masters student (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 28, 2014
I enjoyed every minute I spent at Concordia university although, it was difficult to get back to school after a long time. I found full co-operation from all the staff members and students. It was such an amazing experience.
work study balance
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work on campus
Cons: low salary
just a job, assist professor with academic affairs
just a job, assist professor with academic affairs
Not good
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 21, 2014
unorganized management
not a healthy work environment
bad company practices
bad customer service
Great place to learn and work
Adaptive Technology Support (ATS) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 19, 2014
I am very glad to work here. Its a nice place where I can learn and work together. My superiors are very friendly and co-operative.
Prepares you good for the job market
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2014
Concordia has some very good programs and courses if you want to prepare industrially rather than going to the R&D side.
Best work as a full time student
Assistant to the Dean of Students (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Very good people at the Dean of Students office! My co-workers were very kind friendly people who would be available to help when needed. My time there was very pleasant.
balance between academy and insdustry
PostDoctoral Fellow, Course instructor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 31, 2014
The unique environment provide ample opportunities for engineers seeking both industrial and academic opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5