Concordia University Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace that enables workers to bring out their best. It should be work and happiness.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 19, 2016
It was a bright Monday morning that promises to be sunny. I arrived at the work place around 8:00 am though work begins at 9:00 am. With the usual nervousness of a first time employee, I greeted the security and introduced myself, who showed me to a waiting area for my boss to arrive.
I started work at exactly 9:00 am when my boss arrived. She took me through a few computerized applications that were used in the department. I was also introduced to co-workers from other departments during lunch break.
The hardest part was when we had to prepare and send quarterly reports to directors. We work long hours during these periods. Sometimes I had to take some of my work home and work during weekends in order to catch up with the timeline.
The end of year treat for all employees is one of the memorable part of the job.
Pros
free lunch and flexible hours.
Overall very good Experience at university
Programmer on Duty and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
You get to organize projects and assignments according to your choice i.e. as long as the main idea suits the overall design and concepts of the course.

Very good atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Very good place to work.
Cons
Found none.
Nice and hard working
Structural Engineer/Technical support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2016
Concordia university is a goof place to study and work. Depending on the job poison you have, you may rapidly develop your career. In department of Civil engineering there are hard working people with nice behaviors.
A large number of research facilities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 1, 2016
There are various facilities for different research topics in the field of composite manufacturing. Unfortunately, the project definition step is not conducted well which causes low speed of progress.
Enjoyed my job
Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
I have found some solutions for students who have problems with understanding the studies.I had learned how to manage people,communication skills developed,the hardest part of my job is to check the copies.
Pros
Free tutorials
Good place to work but insufficient salaries
Teaching Assistant-Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2016
Concordia University is in general a good place to work as a teaching assistant or research assistant. However, the payments are low compared with the same positions in other local universities
Good research facilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 11, 2016
I was a Graduate Research Assistant in Concordia University where I got good environment, facilities and supportive supervision from my supervisor to conduct my research.
Concordia as a research hub
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 1, 2016
concordia can provide you a good atmosphere for research but at the end of the day it depends on your major , supervisor and supervisor again .
Pros
assistantship, events
Nice work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 7, 2016
Nice work environment, good salary, not very stressful, enjoyable and hours are very flexible. The staff there are amazing and are always there if you need their help.
Productive and fun workplace - Stinger canteen
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 9, 2016
Good place to work at. You are open for all of the sports events and responsible for serving beverages as well as food. The management and working environment is also good.
Great time
Teaching Assistant (TA) - Lab instructor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2016
Great time with students

teaching and mentoring students were really enjoyable and It is my pleasure to mentor new colleagues. Professors had great attitude with me all the time.
Very Productive Place
Service Desk Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2015
I started working at Concordia University in November 2013. My job is to provide hardware/software support and provide information about the facilities offered by our department. Lots of students ad faculty members visit service desk every day. I have developed very good communication skills. It is a fun place to work but also some days are very busy. specially starting of every semester. Too much pressure, but in the end we all handle it very well.
Wonderful employer, wonderful staff
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2016
Great opportunities to learn about coffee, tea, and related items. The work environment is positive, fast-paced, and always changing. The health and dental benefits were incredibly helpful to have as a student.
Research friendly work place
Helpful Chair of the Department
Helpful office staff
My Best Academic Life Ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 30, 2016
Concordia University has given me a huge opportunity to discover another me. It's been an excellent 4 years of high level knowledge, challenges and making unique friends.
Progressive and competitive academic environment.
Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
Concordia University is a progressive institution with an eclectic student body. The University engenders a competitive envirnoment considering the Maclean's Guide to Canadian Universities ranked Concordia 11th nationally out of comprehensive universities in its 2015 edition.
Pros
Progressive ethos, committed to environmental sustainability
Cons
Lack of campus space
great university
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 24, 2016
fantastic experience to be located in the heart of Montreal. University has been improving in rankings consistently over the years.
More Like my Second Home
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 24, 2016
I worked for a long time in the team and it was difficult for them to let me go. I gained a lot of experience working in the team.
Good life balance, no professional grow
Project Manager - Department Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJuly 30, 2015
Managing different kind of projects in different construction status at the same time was interesting and helped me to improve my management skills. The interaction with people at all level to coordinate projects improved my communication skills.
With experience in a corporate culture, it was a bit difficult to adapt to the lack of clear standards, processes and procedures.
Unfortunately, I was located in a different floor than the rest of my co-workers what didn't help in my integration with the Facilities Management team.
Even if it was a management position, I was able to balance my personal life as a single mother of 3.
Pros
Job schedule vs salary
Cons
Not professional grow
A good place for study
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 20, 2015
Students have access to many facilities and resources. Electronic lab is a little bit small. The teachers are very nice and responsible.