Concordia University Employee Reviews

Volunteer Research Assistant Review
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
Being a research assistant has many benefits for the field of study that I wish to pursue, namely psychology. It required meticulous and tedious work, characteristics of a job that I enjoy and am good at. A typical day at work required autonomous decision making about the research being conducted, and asking for feedback from co-workers. This position has taught me to pay close attention to detail, to work on projects for extended periods of time, and to develop my public relation skills with various groups of individuals. The most challenging part of the job was the recruitment process of the study. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the recruits'.
Excellent co-workers
Research Lab Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 December 2016
Learned a lot about contract creation, management and how to work as an individual and as a team.
Really got the opportunity to grow as an individual. The only downside is the instability with the company as it has a lot of changes in the VP level.
Management was excellent.
Would definitely recommend.
Fulfilling and challenging
Instructor/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2016
Dept: Continuing Education

I've been teaching here for 10+ years. Compensation and benefits are decent. Instructors are expected to develop their own course materials and evaluations. What's hard is inconsistent course scheduling and assignment due to seniority rules - there's no guarantee you'll be teaching the same courses from one session to the next. Colleagues are great and professional, expert in their fields. Administration is improving communications and direction of the dept. Feels great to be part of a great team doing good work.
Pros
Rich and fulfilling experience
Cons
Unpredictable hours/course assignments from one session to the next
Very fun and productive workplace with great collegues
All-rounder at Birks' Student Service Centre (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2016
Grew alot from working and studying at Concordia. Boss was accommodating to academic needs and changes to schedule when necessary. Collegues were sweet and willing to lend a hand at any time.
Amazing
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2017
A wonderful experience for anyone open to teaching. The hours are perfect and the students are fantastic. This is such a fulfilling experience, perfect.
Pros
Work with students
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming
Multi-cultural environment
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2016
Dealing with different types of clients according to the event they request. Weddings, Masses, religious events, ceremonies, parties, etc..
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
work depends on event booking- no consistency
Good Company
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2016
Worked alongside a professor as a research assistant. Experience depends greatly on the professor you work with and the project at hand. Salary was good for a student and time spent working was flexible as long as job got done.
Na
Volunteer Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
I am working part time and enjoying my job. It is fun to work with nice people. People are friendly and cooperative. Friendly with international students
I cant review as a full-time employee
Great College
Math/French Tutor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2016
I learned many skills and this college enriched my abilities and filled me with passion.
The engineering program is very strong and amazing . and they support hands on projects and experiments.
I was just a tutor
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
Summary say's it all. I was a tutor for fellow athletes in math. The hours were chosen by us. The more athletes we tutored at once, the higher the wage was.
good
Teacher Assistant for Foundation Design (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 December 2016
good place to work. i enjoyed being there. good level of education.
nice people and good environment. very good for international students
Good for Part-time job
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
This is an excellent position to go for while being a student, teaches you a lot of things like dealing with people, time-management, slef-control.
COOP Concordia
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 December 2016
Service oriented establishment created to help student and administration as well, detailed oriented to move boxes based on government loans.
School Design Leader
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 October 2016
It was a pleasure to work on the Design of an elementary school, I earned a lot of experience on how to do an office work, meet clients and present work.
Productive and lively workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
I learned lots of things about project management and construction practically during my time at Concordia university.
Good memory
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2016
That was a great honor to be involved in Concordia University CAD/CNC lab. Team work goes first, and there are so much talent in it.
Tutor
Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 August 2016
Great to be a tutor for Concordia. You meet intelligent people and its good for your resume to be hired by Concordia. However the pay is barely above the minimum wage.
Productive and fun workplace that enables workers to bring out their best. It should be work and happiness.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2016
It was a bright Monday morning that promises to be sunny. I arrived at the work place around 8:00 am though work begins at 9:00 am. With the usual nervousness of a first time employee, I greeted the security and introduced myself, who showed me to a waiting area for my boss to arrive.
I started work at exactly 9:00 am when my boss arrived. She took me through a few computerized applications that were used in the department. I was also introduced to co-workers from other departments during lunch break.
The hardest part was when we had to prepare and send quarterly reports to directors. We work long hours during these periods. Sometimes I had to take some of my work home and work during weekends in order to catch up with the timeline.
The end of year treat for all employees is one of the memorable part of the job.
Pros
free lunch and flexible hours.
Good work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2016
It was a good experience in doing research with big names.
I publish couple of papers in the same area that gave me a good understanding about the subject.
Nice and hard working
Structural Engineer/Technical support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2016
Concordia university is a goof place to study and work. Depending on the job poison you have, you may rapidly develop your career. In department of Civil engineering there are hard working people with nice behaviors.

4.2