Concordia University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
More Like my Second Home
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 24, 2016
I worked for a long time in the team and it was difficult for them to let me go. I gained a lot of experience working in the team.
Wonderful employer, wonderful staff
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2016
Great opportunities to learn about coffee, tea, and related items. The work environment is positive, fast-paced, and always changing. The health and dental benefits were incredibly helpful to have as a student.
A good place for study
Student (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 20, 2015
Students have access to many facilities and resources. Electronic lab is a little bit small. The teachers are very nice and responsible.
Excellent job atmosphere
Invigilator (Former Employee), Concordia UniversityNovember 9, 2015
I have been doing invigilation from last one year at Concordia University and I have learned a lot from them when it comes to punctuality and work atmosphere.
Research environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
As you may know.. It is a bit different from when you work for a research centre that have ties with big companies. Good research environment though
Very Productive Place
Service Desk Operator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2015
I started working at Concordia University in November 2013. My job is to provide hardware/software support and provide information about the facilities offered by our department. Lots of students ad faculty members visit service desk every day. I have developed very good communication skills. It is a fun place to work but also some days are very busy. specially starting of every semester. Too much pressure, but in the end we all handle it very well.
glad i quit
Teaching Assistant & Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 19, 2015
hr management is very poor. no employee development programs. had to wait 6 weeks for your first pay cheque!!! totally unacceptable.
Progressive and competitive academic environment.
Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Progressive ethos, committed to environmental sustainability
Cons: Lack of campus space
Concordia University is a progressive institution with an eclectic student body. The University engenders a competitive envirnoment considering the Maclean's Guide to Canadian Universities ranked Concordia 11th nationally out of comprehensive universities in its 2015 edition.
Good place for new and old researchers
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2015
Concordia is really a good university with very intelligent professors. The work environment is comparable with large professional industries.
Perfect place to research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 9, 2015
Nice and helpful colleagues.
The perfect facility which help you to do research.
Well-equipped labs and resourceful technicians.
Good life balance, no professional grow
Project Manager - Department Facilities Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Job schedule vs salary
Cons: Not professional grow
Managing different kind of projects in different construction status at the same time was interesting and helped me to improve my management skills. The interaction with people at all level to coordinate projects improved my communication skills.
With experience in a corporate culture, it was a bit difficult to adapt to the lack of clear standards, processes and procedures.
Unfortunately, I was located in a different floor than the rest of my co-workers what didn't help in my integration with the Facilities Management team.
Even if it was a management position, I was able to balance my personal life as a single mother of 3.
Very appropriate work environment and fun with colleagues
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2015
As a research assistant, I enjoyed working here during my masters. I had very supportive and cooperative colleagues. Obviously, dedication and cooperation is required to work in Concordia.
Nice work environment and good emplyees
Research Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 14, 2015
Very nice place for research, good colleagues and very good equipment for research. One will learn about teamwork and the ability to work solo.
good university
Lab Demonstrator (Former Employee), montrealJune 2, 2015
its located in the heart of the city. it has real good features and facilities for the students to work and learn. esp the labs are modern.
Good learning Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 28, 2015
It was my very first job in Canada. I came to know the time management and gained experience in teaching. It was good to interact with the students and making new connections.
Typical classroom environment.
Note-Taking Volunteer (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 12, 2015
Pros: Extra credit
Cons: Scanning and uploading requires me to go to the library which is far from where I live.
Attend class, listen to lecture, take neat and comprehensive notes. Scan and upload onto the internet. Help other students achieve better grades and learn the course material more fully.
Great first step in the Academic World
Lecturer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Hands On, Used My Knowledge And Skills, Autonomously Driven Yet Social Environment, Socially Rewarding
Cons: Suboptimal Wage
I was a Lecturer for a second course in Calculus taught from 8:45-10:00 am.

My responsibilities included relating my knowledge of the subject to my students in a way understandable at their level, making sure to get their feedback and adapt my examples to suit them, strengthening their week-points in the material.

Afterwards I would have office hours, wherein I would address the individual needs and questions of each student attending. I always encourage attending these as it is the perfect haven for the more timid students to seek out help, which would be frightened to do so in-front of their peers.

The hardest part of my job was to ensure that every single one of my students understood the material to the best of their abilities. I achieved this as best I could by always listening to their feedback, providing extra unpaid office hours and addressing their concerns via email correspondences.

This then lead into the easiest and most rewarding part of my job, which was seeing their success upon the hard work on both our parts at the end of the semester.

Throughout this entire process I learnt that impeccable time management, keen communications skills and autonomy were crucial in being able to successfully manage 80 students, without each of these I could not have achieved in them the results I was wanted, which was their success.

Also, it was very pleasant to worked individually on my section yet to be part of a group of five professors and lecturers who worked together as a team to optimize our teaching plans and strategies.
Energetic and there were a lot to learn
Teacher Assistance (Former Employee), MontrealMay 5, 2015
Here is what I have to do :

•Teaching the AutoCAD and help students how to become familiar with modular concepts.

•Prepare lesson materials, presentation slides, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.

•Prepare material to aide students with their assignment.

My supervisor was not only a manager but also a perfect leader and my coworkers were the best in team work and sharing the information.They were really supportive.I learned how to work in group and how to deal with different people.
The hardest part was during exam period,that you have to lead the students and don't let them down,but when you saw how hardworking they are and how they improve that was the real joy.
IITS Service Desk Agent
IITS Service Desk Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2015
It's a perfect first job for me: close to where I live and give me the opportunity to learn a great number of different skills.
Awful Payment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), MontrealApril 3, 2015
I have been research assistant and Teacher assistant for two years and the payment in Concordia and the way that University treats us was awful. I am very un satisfied with the services that I received in Concordia University.