Concordia University Employee Reviews

It was a great learning experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2017
It was a great learning experience and I enjoyed all the programs and the professors were great. All in all, I would advise anyone to attend the same.
Pros
Great professors
Cons
The long distance
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant and Marker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 October 2017
This Great workplace, I enjoy working on campus teaching the undergraduate students, the university offers good compensation and great worklife balance.
Pros
Employee Insurance, Working hours
Cons
Contract duration
ótimo para pesquisa
Estagiário em Pesquisa (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2017
Apenas realizei uma pesquisa na universidade e foi ótimo
Pros
ótimo ambiente
Cons
nenhum ponto contra
Excellent institution
teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2017
Allowing me to continue my field of research, while aiding others in ensuring the adequate transfer of information, and understanding of required materials.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2017
Great learning experience. Learn as you go work-style. Amicable working environment. You make your own work schedule. Depending on lab, may have to work on weekends.
Learn by yourself
Research Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2017
Overall good place to socialize and get a degree; but low on collaboration, implication from professors is low. Don't expect to receive much mentorship, but to work by yourself and figure it out as you go along.
Exchange Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montreal3 October 2017
Only 67000Miles on a Cummins diesel, just spent 7000 on a new rear and whole emergency brake. Also has a liftgate, 20 foot box, was used for lite work at a library. Runs and drives excellent shifts perfect. Clean title
good place to work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 September 2017
The workplace has friendly environment. As a research assistant, the main responsibility is conducting research, peer review under supervision of a professor.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low payment
productive and fun place to work at.
VP external affairs at Economics Student Society (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2017
mostly my job as a VP external is to organize events with other institutions and try to get sponsors to fund our academic and social events. this job is unpaid but is really important.
Productive and fun workplace
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2017
Moreover, I have about 3-year experience in one of the companies in Iran as junior project estimator/ coordinator. Throughout my career in residential, and commercial, institutional and health care projects, I have developed well-honed skills in interpretation of projects’ plans, specification and blueprints, detail quantity take-off and developing vast knowledge in construction's contracts, budget, and bidding.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2017
The students loved me (I have the glowing evaluations to prove it), and I loved them. I acted as a teaching assistant for two undergrad level British literature classes. One group was composed of 23 students, and the other of seven students. I gained a wealth of experience with groups of various sizes this way.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
It's a very good university with best facilities you can ever find in Canada.
I have worked there as a PhD research assistant since 2014. The total environment is positive toward the research and my supervisors are too helpful and supportive.
fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
Modern working environments and state of the art technology. good workplace culture. Fun events to garner student involvement. Good management hierarchy.
Quality of Education and Research
MASc student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2017
Quality of education in Concordia is moderate. While there are some very good professors in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, some part-time professors are also hired from time to time. They are usually less qualified compared to a full-time professor. Graduate courses offered are good and I have leant a lot from them.

Quality of research is dependent on the professor and group environment. The Mixed-signal IC Design Group has a very nice co-operative environment. Regular group meetings guide and accelerate the productivity. Funding for an MASc student is good. In case papers are published, there's travel grant as well. I enjoyed doing research in Concordia.
working at Concordia University
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2017
Simple, redundant tasks to support professors. Basically doing all the boring tasks for a professor. The work can be done in flexible hours and the work environment is very friendly.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
redundant
Bonne opinion
Student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
Concordia est un environment de travil très agréable
Great Place to learn and grow
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2017
Parallel and Distributed Computer Systems Research Group in Computer Science and Software Engineering department has broad area of research including high-performance computing and parallel/distributed computing.

Some of tasks:
Weekly meetings with your supervisor
Daily Research and Coding in your lab.
Tutoring and lab demonstration.
Pros
good labs and facilities
Cons
working individually and in isolation
Great place to bring your experience
General Manager Concordia Stores (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC12 September 2017
Was able to contribute to the success of the University's book store operations. Employees are professional and very knowledgeable in their areas of responsibilities. In the time I worked there, my team and I executed major renovations which brought the stores into the modern age by offering a shopping environment that meets world class standards.
New technology was introduce and services such as click&collect offered new opportunities for the students to make their purchases without having to wait in long line-ups.
The fashion was separated from the educational goods and a boutique across from the bookstore was created offering a unique shopping experience for the students. Overall, I am glad to have been part of this incredible journey. I was able to bring the best of my abilities to this amazing project
Pros
Cons
At time can be a very controlled working environment
Educational and fun workplace with engaging social activities
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
The work is part of the research required to write the master's thesis. The professor/supervisor is attentive, supportive but strict and fair. Nevertheless, he allows freedom to do research independently. Progress and results are reported weekly, monthly and quarterly every semester. The stipends are poor, but the expense and livelihood are manageable with external funding. Writing publications is the most memorable experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
I only worked for my supervisor, so I do not feel comfortable with rating the whole university. My supervisor has determined my salary, hours that I spend working on projects, and everything else.
Pros
Research jobs in academia give you feeling of contribution to the science.
Cons
There are no strict hours, so you can end up working on weekends.