Concordia University Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed my job
Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
Pros: Free tutorials
I have found some solutions for students who have problems with understanding the studies.I had learned how to manage people,communication skills developed,the hardest part of my job is to check the copies.
Good research facilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 11, 2016
I was a Graduate Research Assistant in Concordia University where I got good environment, facilities and supportive supervision from my supervisor to conduct my research.
Overall very good Experience at university
Programmer on Duty and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Very good place to work.
Cons: Found none.
You get to organize projects and assignments according to your choice i.e. as long as the main idea suits the overall design and concepts of the course.

Very good atmosphere to work in.
Research friendly work place
Helpful Chair of the Department
Helpful office staff
Productive and fun workplace - Stinger canteen
Waitress (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 9, 2016
Cons: long hours
Good place to work at. You are open for all of the sports events and responsible for serving beverages as well as food. The management and working environment is also good.
Great time
Teaching Assistant (TA) - Lab instructor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2016
Great time with students

teaching and mentoring students were really enjoyable and It is my pleasure to mentor new colleagues. Professors had great attitude with me all the time.
Good place to work but insufficient salaries
Teaching Assistant-Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2016
Concordia University is in general a good place to work as a teaching assistant or research assistant. However, the payments are low compared with the same positions in other local universities
great university
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 24, 2016
fantastic experience to be located in the heart of Montreal. University has been improving in rankings consistently over the years.
My Best Academic Life Ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 30, 2016
Concordia University has given me a huge opportunity to discover another me. It's been an excellent 4 years of high level knowledge, challenges and making unique friends.
More Like my Second Home
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 24, 2016
I worked for a long time in the team and it was difficult for them to let me go. I gained a lot of experience working in the team.
Wonderful employer, wonderful staff
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2016
Great opportunities to learn about coffee, tea, and related items. The work environment is positive, fast-paced, and always changing. The health and dental benefits were incredibly helpful to have as a student.
A good place for study
Student (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 20, 2015
Students have access to many facilities and resources. Electronic lab is a little bit small. The teachers are very nice and responsible.
Excellent job atmosphere
Invigilator (Former Employee), Concordia UniversityNovember 9, 2015
I have been doing invigilation from last one year at Concordia University and I have learned a lot from them when it comes to punctuality and work atmosphere.
Research environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
As you may know.. It is a bit different from when you work for a research centre that have ties with big companies. Good research environment though
Very Productive Place
Service Desk Operator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2015
I started working at Concordia University in November 2013. My job is to provide hardware/software support and provide information about the facilities offered by our department. Lots of students ad faculty members visit service desk every day. I have developed very good communication skills. It is a fun place to work but also some days are very busy. specially starting of every semester. Too much pressure, but in the end we all handle it very well.
glad i quit
Teaching Assistant & Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 19, 2015
hr management is very poor. no employee development programs. had to wait 6 weeks for your first pay cheque!!! totally unacceptable.
Progressive and competitive academic environment.
Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Progressive ethos, committed to environmental sustainability
Cons: Lack of campus space
Concordia University is a progressive institution with an eclectic student body. The University engenders a competitive envirnoment considering the Maclean's Guide to Canadian Universities ranked Concordia 11th nationally out of comprehensive universities in its 2015 edition.
Good place for new and old researchers
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2015
Concordia is really a good university with very intelligent professors. The work environment is comparable with large professional industries.
Perfect place to research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 9, 2015
Nice and helpful colleagues.
The perfect facility which help you to do research.
Well-equipped labs and resourceful technicians.
Good life balance, no professional grow
Project Manager - Department Facilities Management (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Job schedule vs salary
Cons: Not professional grow
Managing different kind of projects in different construction status at the same time was interesting and helped me to improve my management skills. The interaction with people at all level to coordinate projects improved my communication skills.
With experience in a corporate culture, it was a bit difficult to adapt to the lack of clear standards, processes and procedures.
Unfortunately, I was located in a different floor than the rest of my co-workers what didn't help in my integration with the Facilities Management team.
Even if it was a management position, I was able to balance my personal life as a single mother of 3.