Concordia University Employee Reviews

Multi-cultural environment
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2016
Dealing with different types of clients according to the event they request. Weddings, Masses, religious events, ceremonies, parties, etc..
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
work depends on event booking- no consistency
Great College
Math/French Tutor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2016
I learned many skills and this college enriched my abilities and filled me with passion.
The engineering program is very strong and amazing . and they support hands on projects and experiments.
School Design Leader
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 October 2016
It was a pleasure to work on the Design of an elementary school, I earned a lot of experience on how to do an office work, meet clients and present work.
Good Company
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2016
Worked alongside a professor as a research assistant. Experience depends greatly on the professor you work with and the project at hand. Salary was good for a student and time spent working was flexible as long as job got done.
Fulfilling and challenging
Instructor/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2016
Dept: Continuing Education

I've been teaching here for 10+ years. Compensation and benefits are decent. Instructors are expected to develop their own course materials and evaluations. What's hard is inconsistent course scheduling and assignment due to seniority rules - there's no guarantee you'll be teaching the same courses from one session to the next. Colleagues are great and professional, expert in their fields. Administration is improving communications and direction of the dept. Feels great to be part of a great team doing good work.
Pros
Rich and fulfilling experience
Cons
Unpredictable hours/course assignments from one session to the next
Productive and lively workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2016
I learned lots of things about project management and construction practically during my time at Concordia university.
Good memory
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2016
That was a great honor to be involved in Concordia University CAD/CNC lab. Team work goes first, and there are so much talent in it.
Tutor
Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 August 2016
Great to be a tutor for Concordia. You meet intelligent people and its good for your resume to be hired by Concordia. However the pay is barely above the minimum wage.
Good work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2016
It was a good experience in doing research with big names.
I publish couple of papers in the same area that gave me a good understanding about the subject.
Good workplace culture
Research Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2016
Concordia University promotes critical thinking and engagement among staff, faculty, and students. It is a good environment for people to grow.
Good Workplace
TA in the Math department (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2016
I like the enviroment at Concordia and I am gaining a lot of experience.
I lke working there because I already enjoy teaching. I feel it's an srt that I know how to do/
Nice work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2016
Nice work environment, good salary, not very stressful, enjoyable and hours are very flexible. The staff there are amazing and are always there if you need their help.
Nice and hard working
Structural Engineer/Technical support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2016
Concordia university is a goof place to study and work. Depending on the job poison you have, you may rapidly develop your career. In department of Civil engineering there are hard working people with nice behaviors.
A large number of research facilities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2016
There are various facilities for different research topics in the field of composite manufacturing. Unfortunately, the project definition step is not conducted well which causes low speed of progress.
Productive and fun workplace that enables workers to bring out their best. It should be work and happiness.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2016
It was a bright Monday morning that promises to be sunny. I arrived at the work place around 8:00 am though work begins at 9:00 am. With the usual nervousness of a first time employee, I greeted the security and introduced myself, who showed me to a waiting area for my boss to arrive.
I started work at exactly 9:00 am when my boss arrived. She took me through a few computerized applications that were used in the department. I was also introduced to co-workers from other departments during lunch break.
The hardest part was when we had to prepare and send quarterly reports to directors. We work long hours during these periods. Sometimes I had to take some of my work home and work during weekends in order to catch up with the timeline.
The end of year treat for all employees is one of the memorable part of the job.
Pros
free lunch and flexible hours.
Concordia as a research hub
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2016
concordia can provide you a good atmosphere for research but at the end of the day it depends on your major , supervisor and supervisor again .
Pros
assistantship, events
Enjoyed my job
Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2016
I have found some solutions for students who have problems with understanding the studies.I had learned how to manage people,communication skills developed,the hardest part of my job is to check the copies.
Pros
Free tutorials
Good research facilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 April 2016
I was a Graduate Research Assistant in Concordia University where I got good environment, facilities and supportive supervision from my supervisor to conduct my research.
Overall very good Experience at university
Programmer on Duty and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2016
You get to organize projects and assignments according to your choice i.e. as long as the main idea suits the overall design and concepts of the course.

Very good atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Very good place to work.
Cons
Found none.
Research friendly work place