Concordia University

Concordia University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
JUNIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
Very good benefits and job security. You start with a very good salary but the growth opportunities are limited.
Great university lots of bright minds
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
Great place to learn economic theory and econometrics and a starting point to becoming a professional economist
Computer Vision Research Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 7, 2014
Medical Image Processing and Computer-Aided Diagnosis. September 2009 - Date
Fun job
Computer Technician and Network Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: corrections
Teaching adults is great - opportunity to see results in the job market.
Technology and Education
ISIS 21 Technologist (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 19, 2014
Informative and educational experience. Worked well with the professor, researchers, and teachers.
Teaching Electronic experience to students
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2014
Explain Theory and concept of practical
make clear ideas regarding aim of experiment
present demo
ask students to do practicals and achieve desired results
help students on individual basis
maintain laboratory as per regulations and obey safety instructions
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Sociology and AnthropologyAugust 7, 2014
fun, flexible
Vice-President of Services (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 7, 2014
most enjoyable part of the job: coworkers
hardest part of the job: leaving
Was a very satisfying job that tested me daily.
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, vacations and a feeling of community
Cons: too much work for one person, never able to finish one project and many hours of overtime per week
Working in Payroll was quite a challenge as we were always juggling many problems via e-mail, phone or in person. The nature of Payroll
is that any calls you receive are regarding problems so I was always putting out fires. Very little down time, extremely busy department as Concordia University has enlarged tremendously in the time I worked there but – more... the Payroll staff did not so there was always overtime to catch up on what you couldn't complete during the work day. Many calls from Service Canada verifying information that was on employee's Record of Employment that we provided.
I got along very well with my co-workers and still have contact with most.
Hardest part of the job was never being able to completely finish a job as there were many interruptions.
Most enjoyable part was being able to solve employee's question/problems.
Having worked at such a high pressured job for 36 years I am now looking for part time work that will challenge and teach me new things. – less
Good employer and working environment
Outreach Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no contract
The Graduate and Professional Skills Program offers more than 220 free workshops and events every semester for Concordia graduate students. I am one of the three full-time staff members. Other 16 graduate students work part time (10 hours/week) doing different jobs.

My position combines outreach and administrative tasks.

Outreach:

- I am responsible – more... for developing the 2014-2015 Outreach Strategic Plan, which includes a detailed schedule (by week) of the themes and activities that will be promoted, as well as the media platforms that will be used and the person responsible for the task. It also includes the development of a new social media strategy to increase followers and audience engagement, as well as the creation of a new graphic concept for our promotion materials.

- I am also building the Outreach Handbook, a how-to manual aimed to standardize processes and facilitate the learning process for new staff or team members involved in the promotion of the program.

- I also coordinate the Ambassadors Program. This involves analyzing our databases to invite potential volunteers, organize and lead information and training sessions, assign tasks, monitor performance and provide feedback. Sixteen graduate students signed in as volunteers for the 2014 fall semester.

- Finally, I also work as a graphic designer. I use Photoshop to create web banners and visually attractive images, and Publisher to create handouts, posters and other printed materials. I also create the QR codes that are added to any printed material.

Administrative tasks:
- Follow up with workshop leaders and other partners to gather information necessary to promote workshops or events, process any technical requirements, and write thank you letters after the event.
- Keep student attendance records up-to-date.
- Incorporate feedback and attendance data into future plans.
- Participate in the hiring process of new team members.

Overall, this is a great job. I have developed an excellent relation with the Program Director, my supervisor, my colleagues and all team members. However, I don't have a contract, and now that the program is transitioning from a pilot project to a permanent program it is unclear how the changes that this transition implies will impact me. That is why I am exploring other options. – less
A productive work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Brossard, QCJuly 8, 2014
-Counselled University students in regards to the development of their academic projects
-Provided follow up to students in regards to academic lectures and assignments
-Reviewed/marked class assignments according to established marking schemes
-Liaised with professors, students, and the academic department to satisfy student requests
-Reviewed student – more... complaints in regards to assigned course work – less
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 1, 2014
Productive and fun workplace
good healthcare, short breaks
Positive Challenges and Continuous Improvements
Laboratory Instructor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 27, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: not very organized laboratory
The positive aspect of working as an environmental lab instructor for me was to be able to practically practice all my knowledge and carry on all the related water/soil experiments. The job was challenging at first since the laboratory that I was suppose to work in was recently renovated and there were a lot of equipment missing. I had to quickly go – more... through all the environmental related experiments and check to see if all the necessary equipment are available, if not I had to purchase them from the companies. – less
Grants and bursaries
Researcher (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 26, 2014
Depending on merit, there are good chances to find research grants and bursaries.
very relaxed environment
Chemical Stock Keeper (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: seasonal job only during academic semester
the job environment was very relaxed and very flexible. I was given individual projects for me to complete on my own time and at my own pace.
Excellent employer
part time faculty (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 23, 2014
Cons: part time, contractual work
I have had the chance to teach in the Applied Human Science department for over 13 years now. At all levels it has been a great experience. Contact with other faculty as well as students.
A great opportunity to share knowledge but also to learn always!
fun work place for students
student (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 11, 2014
-Sourced, prospected, negotiated, and secured lucrative relationships with new sponsors for organizational events, including signing 3 business sponsors within one week for CCSA student discount card.
– Researched, authored, and published well-received article in Montreal's Sept Days newspaper.
– Delivered charismatic presentation to new students during – more... orientation. – less
Productive and social workplace, always challenging tasks
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 6, 2014
My team and I were responsible on testing bugs and vulnerabilities of the applications such as websites, smartphone apps.
typically we were learning new techniques, programming languages and in depth discussions about our tasks and how we can achieve it.
the team were 4 engineers, each one is major in a specific programming language and we were help – more... each other if there is any difficult task. – less
great experience
Budget Analyst, Financial Services (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2014
it was great experience working there. i loved the team i worked with and the envirnement was freindly. good managment style I liked the open door policy. part of our job as a budget analysts was to make recomendations how can we save money and one of the recomendations was to cut employees.
educational
Graduate research student (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches during seminars
academic