Concordia University

Concordia University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Concordia is not like UdeM
Faculty of Arts and Science (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 6, 2014
I learned How to Manga the lab because my supervisor left the lab 5 months without any contact
I act as supervisor to participate in the graduation of 2 master student
The supervisor back but he does not offer a good enviroment
Professional Work Environment
Assessment Model for Water Distribution Network (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 20, 2014
It was part of my Masters degree,I had a very nice experience working as research assistant at Concordia University. Very professional and flexible work environment. Helpful colleagues. I learnt a lot of decision making and management tools and techniques and applied them at different stages of the work. Being able to use all the university facilities – more... was very helpful in the research work. – less
Challenging multi-disciplinary research environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Montreal, QCNovember 10, 2014
opportunities to do theoretical research and test theories on a large range of applications
Multidisciplinary research environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: informative workshops free of charge
Combined theoretical and experimental research
Science and engineering libraries separated in buildings on two campuses, free transport offered between them by the university
learned a lot and enjoyed being with students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), MontrealNovember 7, 2014
Professors are very supportive and understanding. Hardest part was grading the exams with a deadline.
productive and comfortable place for work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), quebec montrealNovember 5, 2014
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with students.
• Teach undergraduate mathematics courses.
productive
research assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2014
should be self-motivated. basically I do everything myself and I also supervise a graduate student to do data cleaning for me.
I enjoyed working for this University since it was very challenging but very rewarding.
Class Room Teacher, Department Head (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2014
Pros: time of since it was and 8 month term.
Cons: long hours and an intense program
Plan and Teach Mathematics lessons.
Prepare Exams.
Teach Adults.
Adapt to different learning styles.
Use of technology
postive environment, team working, fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2014
I worked on developing new techniques in order to improve Modelchecking techniques. Modelchecking techniques is one of the most important techniques that are used to verify hardware systems designs.
the most enjoyable part is doing research and trying to solve problems. also working with great people and learn from them.
the hardest part is to work – more... under pressure.

I learn new information about verification and testing of hardware system designs (formal and informal techniques) – less
JUNIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
Very good benefits and job security. You start with a very good salary but the growth opportunities are limited.
Great university lots of bright minds
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
Great place to learn economic theory and econometrics and a starting point to becoming a professional economist
Computer Vision Research Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 7, 2014
Medical Image Processing and Computer-Aided Diagnosis. September 2009 - Date
Fun job
Computer Technician and Network Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: corrections
Teaching adults is great - opportunity to see results in the job market.
Technology and Education
ISIS 21 Technologist (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 19, 2014
Informative and educational experience. Worked well with the professor, researchers, and teachers.
Teaching Electronic experience to students
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2014
Explain Theory and concept of practical
make clear ideas regarding aim of experiment
present demo
ask students to do practicals and achieve desired results
help students on individual basis
maintain laboratory as per regulations and obey safety instructions
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Sociology and AnthropologyAugust 7, 2014
fun, flexible
Vice-President of Services (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 7, 2014
most enjoyable part of the job: coworkers
hardest part of the job: leaving
Was a very satisfying job that tested me daily.
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, vacations and a feeling of community
Cons: too much work for one person, never able to finish one project and many hours of overtime per week
Working in Payroll was quite a challenge as we were always juggling many problems via e-mail, phone or in person. The nature of Payroll
is that any calls you receive are regarding problems so I was always putting out fires. Very little down time, extremely busy department as Concordia University has enlarged tremendously in the time I worked there but – more... the Payroll staff did not so there was always overtime to catch up on what you couldn't complete during the work day. Many calls from Service Canada verifying information that was on employee's Record of Employment that we provided.
I got along very well with my co-workers and still have contact with most.
Hardest part of the job was never being able to completely finish a job as there were many interruptions.
Most enjoyable part was being able to solve employee's question/problems.
Having worked at such a high pressured job for 36 years I am now looking for part time work that will challenge and teach me new things. – less
Good employer and working environment
Outreach Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no contract
The Graduate and Professional Skills Program offers more than 220 free workshops and events every semester for Concordia graduate students. I am one of the three full-time staff members. Other 16 graduate students work part time (10 hours/week) doing different jobs.

My position combines outreach and administrative tasks.

Outreach:

- I am responsible – more... for developing the 2014-2015 Outreach Strategic Plan, which includes a detailed schedule (by week) of the themes and activities that will be promoted, as well as the media platforms that will be used and the person responsible for the task. It also includes the development of a new social media strategy to increase followers and audience engagement, as well as the creation of a new graphic concept for our promotion materials.

- I am also building the Outreach Handbook, a how-to manual aimed to standardize processes and facilitate the learning process for new staff or team members involved in the promotion of the program.

- I also coordinate the Ambassadors Program. This involves analyzing our databases to invite potential volunteers, organize and lead information and training sessions, assign tasks, monitor performance and provide feedback. Sixteen graduate students signed in as volunteers for the 2014 fall semester.

- Finally, I also work as a graphic designer. I use Photoshop to create web banners and visually attractive images, and Publisher to create handouts, posters and other printed materials. I also create the QR codes that are added to any printed material.

Administrative tasks:
- Follow up with workshop leaders and other partners to gather information necessary to promote workshops or events, process any technical requirements, and write thank you letters after the event.
- Keep student attendance records up-to-date.
- Incorporate feedback and attendance data into future plans.
- Participate in the hiring process of new team members.

Overall, this is a great job. I have developed an excellent relation with the Program Director, my supervisor, my colleagues and all team members. However, I don't have a contract, and now that the program is transitioning from a pilot project to a permanent program it is unclear how the changes that this transition implies will impact me. That is why I am exploring other options. – less
A productive work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Brossard, QCJuly 8, 2014
-Counselled University students in regards to the development of their academic projects
-Provided follow up to students in regards to academic lectures and assignments
-Reviewed/marked class assignments according to established marking schemes
-Liaised with professors, students, and the academic department to satisfy student requests
-Reviewed student – more... complaints in regards to assigned course work – less

1 2 3 4 5