LOCATION: Goro + Gun
POSITION TITLE: Server
REPORTS TO: FOH Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: January 2014
Located in the downtown core, Goro + Gun is ready to introduce North America's ramen obsession to Calgary. Modelled after the popular ramen bars of Japan, this Concorde Group restaurant will quickly become a popular spot for bowls of comforting Hakata-style ramen, selected Japanese BBQ, and sushi favourites.
Join Goro + Gun’s team as a Server and put your hospitality experience to use in a fast-paced environment that offers exceptional career growth opportunity. Servers are responsible for providing friendly and responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all Goro + Gun guests. This role is best suited for a personable and organized individual with exceptional multi-tasking skills who is confident in their ability to provide Goro + Gun guests with such a marvellous experience that they will want to repeatedly return and tell their friends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and greet guests in a friendly manner making them feel comfortable and letting them know you are there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about Goro + Gun food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in point-of-sale system and ensure accurate orders are relayed to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience, ensuring guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make any necessary changes.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist busperson with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to provide support as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the FOH Manager.
- Complete end of shift cash out procedures as directed.
- Execute ad-hoc tasks are required.
- Minimum 1 Year Serving experience within a busy full service restaurant.
- Previous experience working within a Japanese restaurant is considered an asset.
- A demonstrated interest and understanding of Japanese craft beer and sake.
- Basic knowledge of industry best practises, guest services and food and beverage.
- Strong communication skills with ability to establish and develop relationships with employees, partners, vendors and customers.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, control and composure in difficult and stressful situations.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to efficiently work within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player, punctual for shifts and reliable to execute work as assigned.
- Ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to communicate in Japanese is considered an asset.
- High School Diploma and basic math skills are required.
- Food Safe Certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, lift up to 25 lbs. and maneuverer food/drink trays.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Proserve Certification is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Concorde’s requirements will be contacted.
All applicant information submitted will be reviewed by Salopek & Associates Ltd. and will remain in strict confidence.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.