LOCATION: Goro + Gun
POSITION TITLE: Bartender
REPORTS TO: FOH or Bar Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: January 2014
Located in the downtown core, Goro + Gun is ready to introduce North America's ramen obsession to Calgary. Modelled after the popular ramen bars of Japan, this Concorde Group restaurant will quickly become a popular spot for bowls of comforting Hakata-style ramen, selected Japanese BBQ, and sushi favourites.
Join Goro + Gun’s team as a Bartender and put your hospitality experience to use in a fast-paced environment that offers exceptional career growth opportunity. As a Bartender you will be responsible for creating, mixing, pouring and serving beverages for bar and restaurant guests. Best suited for an out-going and friendly personality, the Bartender role is relied on to consistently deliver the highest standard of beverage quality and service to both new and regular clientele.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, mix, pour, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for Goro + Gun bar and restaurant guests.
- Consistently execute drink production principles and practises, ensuring that all recipes and practises are followed.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all guests maintaining a personable and professional image representative of Goro + Gun’s values.
- Building and maintaining regular clientele
- Adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers to maintain high service levels and efficient operations.
- Ensure all services and orders delivered within the bar operation are charged for correctly.
- Maintain effective cost and portion controls to meet profit goals.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and in excellent condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure drink times are in line with the restaurant guidelines.
- Assist in placing product orders and ensure fresh product through a detailed and updated order guide.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, provincial and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others.
- Execute ad-hoc administrative and operational duties are required.
- Minimum 1 year previous Bartending experience within a busy full service bar or restaurant.
- Previous experience working within a Japanese restaurant is considered an asset.
- A demonstrated interest and understanding of Japanese craft beer and sake.
- Knowledge of a variety of local, import and craft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails.
- Creative thinker with an interest in developing innovative drink recipes.
- Basic knowledge of industry best practises, guest services and food and beverage.
- Strong communication skills with ability to establish and develop relationships with employees, partners, vendors and customers.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, control and composure in difficult and stressful situations.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to efficiently work within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player, punctual for shifts and reliable to execute work as assigned.
- Ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to communicate in Japanese is considered an asset.
- High School Diploma and basic math skills is required.
- Food Safe Certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, lift up to 25 lbs. and maneuverer trays of drinks.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Proserve Certification is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Concorde’s requirements will be contacted.
All applicant information submitted will be reviewed by Salopek & Associates Ltd. and will remain in strict confidence.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.