POSITION: Art Director
LOCATION: Concorde Group Head Office (Downtown location)
ABOUT THE CONCORDE GROUP:
Concorde entered Calgary’s hospitality scene in 1987 with the opening of Republik – a college bar dedicated to alternative music fans – and 25 years later, has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most diverse hospitality companies. Currently managing 15 of the City’s most unique entertainment and dining experiences, Concorde will continue to grow over the coming years, alongside Calgary’s urban landscape. Whether you’re looking for a seat on a patio, a gourmet meal, a counter-served burger and shake, or a night out on the town, Concorde is always at the heart of the fun, offering a unique experience for all Calgarians and visitors to relish.
Learn more about Concorde Group at: http://www.concordegroup.ca
Concorde is looking for an Art Director to join our in-house team, working on print, environmental, digital & branding projects for several award winning hospitality brands. The ideal candidate will be a creative team leader and brand keeper. A hands-on and conceptual creative thinker who will bring original ideas and a fresh, stylish approach to each project is a must.
- 360 degree integrated thinker who is able to create and roll out multi-channel creative in partnership with copywriting resources and other designers.
- Manage and mentor a team of designers and provide hands-on daily art direction across multiple brands.
- Experience in the design and art direction of branding efforts and cohesive campaigns, working within and developing defined visual/brand systems.
- A brand ambassador who will positively represent the restaurants and venues, and will support our team culture, people and processes.
- Strong sense of style, excellent typographic skills, and flair in working with photography.
- High level communication skills with the ability to receive and interpret creative briefs, creative direction and present ideas creatively and effectively to Creative Director and Stakeholders.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty in design executions and concepts as required.
- Industrial and environmental design experience, knowledge of the hospitality industry and in-house design are all a plus.
No Egos! Must have high energy, great enthusiasm and excited to work as a team player and assist this company to expand.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
- 5+ years’ experience
HOW TO APPLY: Respond to ad
CONTACT NAME: Michelle
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION:
2. Cover Letter outlining why you believe you’re a great fit for the Concorde Group and how your work aligns with Concorde’s creative style
3. Electronic or PDF portfolio of your work
**Applications that do not include the documents stated above will be deemed as incomplete and disregarded**
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Concorde’s requirements will be contacted.
All applicant information submitted will be reviewed by the Concorde Group and will remain in strict confidence.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.