Concord Security Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 September 2017
This Company has a good Management structure care's about the employee's. The pay is near top end if not equal to in most cases.
The benefits are excellent for the industry and they actually give bonuses at Christmas and for a job well done to all employee's
Pros
Give you a task and let you do it. No Micro Management
Cons
Ocassional Difficulty finding enough staff
n/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
Pay is bare minimum and I know people who have worked there for years, with pretty much no raise. Years of working and getting nothing out it is just not my things.
A great way to gain experience in enforcement.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 August 2017
90% presence, 10% official. Security is a great way to learn about the requirements of policy/rule enforcement, especially if you're considering a career in law enforcement. Bring your professionalism to the forefront and you can't go wrong.
Pros
Many different sites to work at, and hours to choose from
Cons
"Buddy culture"
Would not recommend.
Security Guard -multiple locations (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
Although I was fortunate to be hired on with this company when I was still new to the field of security, as time went on this company proved to be severely lacking in many departments. The hours were fair and manageable, but the managers of the company proved time and time again they care nothing for their employees, only their contracts, even if that means letting the clients holding these contracts treat their guards like trash.

They gave me my first job in Security; I will always credit them for that. But that aside, it is a thankless job position that will only depress you.
Good atmosphere, Provided me with steady empoyment.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2017
Best company I ever worked for. Too bad they sold out to Paladin. They treated me like a human being, not a cog in a machine. They renewed my security licence and provided pizza for lunch and free parking in Metrotown when I took my OFA courses
great environment to work in
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
This is a great company to work for. There was steady work and it's a friendly environment. I worked with the public and customer service. I had to deal with vagrancy sometimes but I learned management and this work kept me on my toes. The hours were shift work and travel times site to site . I worked overtime, night shifts, secured the College and Malls.
Pros
full time work
Cons
shift work long hours
fun workplace involving public
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
It is a great fun dealing with public and I feel so good when I am successful helping customers, finding lost kids, giving needed orientation to senior people etc.
We are there to make you feel safe.
Patrol Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2017
Security Guard work at a mall makes you very visible while also making you invisible. There is much walking and responding to concerns. We are there to make you feel safe.
Your not just a number
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
At Concord Security your not just an employee number, your a person and a person that matters. They take pride in providing the best services possible and make all employees feel welcome and appreciated for everything they do
good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 April 2017
not to bad working with them,just looking for something different with more benifits.At the moment i am wrking as a cleaner maintenance,caretaker and also casual security guard.
Great learning experience
Security Guard/Occupational First (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2017
Was great job as student, watching over the building conducting patrols, learning value of documenting as well as administering first aid at an industrial site where many accidents occured
Pros
helping injured people
Cons
night shift
Quiet, and peaceful
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2017
My time at concord was very enjoyable, the office staff was nice and friendly. I worked the graveyard shift and was pretty much alone, but had no complaints, i was treated with respect, fairness, and openness.
great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2017
great people great managers, decent pay, decent locations to be posted at. overall a good security company over the rest. uniform colors are not embarrassing to wear as the colors are good.
needed more out of my job
security guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
they have no chance for advancement wages were not in-keeping with my expenses ,shifts were to few or they gave you to many at once ,no good comunications in upper management .raises were not forth coming at all .
Pros
good peple to work and be around
Cons
shifts were put on you at last minute, if you didn t take them, you were put at the bottom of the list even after just completing a double
No chance to look to any type of future nor personal life
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2016
Will not recommend for anybody that is starting or getting back into the field of security. Major invasion of privacy. The culture is Islamic and very little room for others.
Pros
Twice I got food certificate and 1 free lunch
Cons
Terrible schedule hours
fun place to work
Senior security guard (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 November 2016
Great company to work with, moving up in the company is easy and the pay is great. The co workers to work for are great its a overall great place to start if your wanting to start into security.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lots of OT
teamwork, provide better training
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 November 2016
concord is the best place where i did work for 1 year. this company focus on employee safety on work place. i learnt alot from this company
Routine work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 October 2016
I have been doing grave yard shift with my co workers. I enjoy doing my regular petrol both exterior and interior. I never have to face any problem or any sort of threat during my job. Occasionally I deal with the people who want me to allow them as they just want to see the exterior of the build from the parking lot. I tell them that only the designated persons can go through this gate.
Mostly the workers during their night shift close the bay gates and doors when they leave the site. Sometimes we have to close the gates and doors.
I like communicating with public when they need my assistance to guide them according to their requirement.
Pros
I like my routine petrol job.
Cons
hourly wage is low.
Productive fun with coworker
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
I like working there, nice co-worker and managers. Easy job not heavy duty.
Flixseble work time and working location.
We have some training about gun, fire, bomb and so on. Not dandrog job.
Pros
Nice coworkers
A good but eventful job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2016
They offer good hours with flexibility.
Decent wages with benefits.
The hardest part of the job was sitting in front of the cameras for many hours at a time.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
may be sent to many different locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord Security. Our community is ready to answer.