Concord has a full time opportunity in the position of Distribution and Logistics Coordinator located at our head office in North Vancouver. Our organization is structured and growing but without a big company feel. We are a company that prides itself on its family-like feel supported by targeted business objectives.
The Distribution and Logistics Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing. Responsible for the total supply chain flow of goods that the company has responsibility for across Canada. This will include, but is not limited to, arranging/tracking goods arriving from outside the country, ensuring that these goods are received and accounted for at our warehouses, and that all products are being transferred appropriately to our customers nationally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary keeper of the forecasting models for all assigned brands, and seek input from sales, marketing and finance on appropriate inventory levels to maximize fill rates, while at the same time assist in the management of working capital of the business
- Issue purchase orders, analysis of current inventory value and inventory ratios (weeks of stock)
- Works alongside Customer Service to determine product availability, volume, delivery and arrival
- Be primary contact with our client's logistic counterparts where appropriate, as well as customs brokers, freight forwarders and third party warehouses
- PO/container tracking and customs clearance coordination. Includes verifying shipment, sending appropriate documentation to customs broker and communicating container arrival with warehouse and CSR's
- Complete PO receiving and posting
- Conduct inventory adjustments and co-packing tracking by dealing with warehouse damages and losses, inventory inquires and pulling inventory for co-packing
- Monitor stock rotation and reformat expiry reports accordingly
- Produce monthly container reports
- Maintain Sales forecast spreadsheet which includes working sales and inventory quantity data entry and inputting forecasts provided by Brand Managers. Monitor seasonal orders vs. forecast
- Act as support/backup for customer service representatives
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- These are representative duties and responsibilities which are not all encompassing, and may change from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education in related field and/or 1 to 3 years of Distribution and Logistics experience or related experience
- Previous experience in dealing with warehouses and carriers is a requirement
- Previous imports and customs experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, interdepartmental communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve conflict
- Ability to prioritize and deadline driven
Organizational Values Related to the Role
o Organizational Skills
o Interpersonal Skills
o Honesty and Integrity
Please submit cover letter and resume attention Anjana Moitra-Ohri, Human Resources Manager.
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted directly.