Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Bookkeeper creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. This includes posting information to accounting journals and our customized accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper is also responsible for reconciling accounts to ensure their accuracy.
o Organizational Skills
o Interpersonal Skills
o Honesty and Integrity
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Open Systems software will be used (training will be provided)
- Set up opening GL balances
- Process cheques
- Record all receipts and disbursements
- Record entries from payroll system
- Prepare month end adjusting entries including accrual and prepaid transactions
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare trial balance
- Prepare A/R & A/P aging reports
- Special analyses as required
- To provide administrative and reception area backup as required
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- These are representative duties and responsibilities which are not all encompassing, and may change from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience required
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work autonomously; with little direct management
- Ability to receive and give direct communication
- Adaptable to the environment
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Ability to learn custom software and technology with little direction
Although this is a 6 month part time contract position it could be extended as we evaluate skill level and other work requirements. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted directly.