Conceptual Pathways Inc. is a software development company, specializing in custom cross-platform enterprise applications and websites. The company was founded in 1998 and Incorporated in 2006 at which time we chose to locate to Stratford for the city’s creative ethos and the emerging technology culture forming around digital media. Some recent examples of our work include Saas applications, Mobile strategies, and enterprise systems integration. A few recent projects are BuildCircle, Powernoodle, City of Stratford Wifi portal, and Ideal Supply.
As a software developer you will be joining our team in developing a new traceability platform for the wine industry in Ontario. This platform will provide a middleware to enable all stakeholders from the vineyards to the wine retailers an accurate and effective way to trace product and execute on product recalls.
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Estimate time and resources required to perform coding tasks
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in requirements gathering
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training
An Ideal candidate will have following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge and experience of Object Oriented Software Development
- Strong demonstrated programming skills in Java/Java EE technologies
- Working knowledge of Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Proven ability to write high quality code that is efficient and easily supportable and maintainable
- Solid Relational database concepts and knowledge of SQL
- Comfort working on agile teams with robust source control, unit testing, and code review processes
- Rapid and motivated self-learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in computer science, computer/software engineering, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience at a College level.
Indeed - 15 months ago