Concentrix Employee Reviews

Review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 September 2016
Going into work.
Learned to handle rejection.
Leaders always helped.
co-workers always listened.
handling rejection.
leaving work.
Pros
short shifts.
Cons
too much rejection.
Can be a rollercoaster for scheduling, but there are definitely worse places to work
Technical support (Current Employee) –  Peterbotough27 January 2015
Working for Apple is a bit of a roller coaster, at times they are pretty overstaffed and the job will be laid back and work is at a decent pace. But if they start getting more calls, they have nothing against forcing you to work extended hours for over six months, instead of hiring more people, also they will force people in to different departments if needed too. However, Minacs has never laid people off due to overstaffing to my knowledge so that is a definite boon. The Peterborough management and HR department are all pretty understanding and forgiving too.
Pros
Job Security, non-sails oriented, discount on Apple products
Cons
Scheduling is a disaster, no work life balance
stressful environment
customer service ambassador (Former Employee) –  oshawa14 August 2015
A typical day at work is having to show up about 20 minutes before you start work.
As soon as your time is clocked in, you are under the clients eye until the end of shift.
They monitor all activities from your phone.
If you go over time you will be penalized.
They ask to provide best customer service, but will suffer if you go over talk time.
Empathy: they ask you to use this as soon as a customer has an issue.
If you are late for your brake they will call you and tell you. If you are 2 minutes late you will be penalized also.
Computer issues on a daily basis or phone.
co-workers keep each other up and going and from leaving this place as they need us.
the most enjoyable time of this job is break and 30 minute lunch.
Management sucks big time. This a bilingual work place as we deal with customers across Canada. There are no French management. So our customer wait up to 3 days for a call back. While English customers wait up to 4 minutes.
benefits
Cons
pressure, management, salary, hours
Great Job for deskside support
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 July 2016
Even though the call center closed that i was working at this was by far the best job i have had.

During the day you took calls from apple care support and then directed them to the appropriate support.

the hardest part of the job was the you didn't know what the next call would be, (I.E mad customer)
Soul Sucking
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 April 2016
I applied to the position of Email Support Advisor, which entailed assisting customers via email. During day 2 of training, we were asked to sign a form stating that we would become Phone Advisors if required. The only options were to sign the form, or quit. My training class signed the forms under the reassurance that this "most likely would never happen." Fast forward a few months and we are told we need to be trained on phones as well, but that it won't be permanent. Another month later and we are converted to Phone Advisors without a choice (other than to quit.) Job is high stress and confrontational at times, and your schedule, bonus opportunities, job performance, and job security are based mostly on the outcome of customer surveys. Even if you did your job, or went above and beyond for the customer, it doesn't matter as long as they give you a negative survey. Not to mention, every day you come into work, it's hard to find a station without a missing or non-working mouse and/or keyboard, forcing most people to use their own money to buy these tools in order to do their job. Scheduling is based on your stats (again, based on your customer feedback) and seniority, making it difficult to work shifts that allow for any social or family time. For example, I was stuck working 3pm-11:30pm every shift during the 9 months I was there. If customers are causing you stress or being abusive, there is no emotional support from management. Unless you have a doctor's note, they don't care. Holidays never allow for an extra day off. If you take a Stat holiday off, you have to work one  more... of your regularly scheduled days off, meaning you still only get 2 days off out of the week, every week. i.e. If you want Christmas and Boxing Day off, those are your only two days off that week. I would not recommend working here unless you are okay being a sheep who follows directions and does not ask questions.  less
Pros
Pizza lunches, helpful peers
Cons
Late hours, no extra day off on holidays, low pay, high stress
Great Hours, Great People, Little Pay
Retention / Escalations Agent - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 July 2016
Always guaranteed hours, and really enjoyed having my weekends free. Feel that I'm not paid enough for a supervisory role.
Pros
Lots of Hours
Cons
Little Pay
It's a job- not a life commitment
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 July 2014
Minacs had it's ups and downs but overall the company is a joke. You are expected to work long hours and not complain. Your first break and lunch are not paid for and you only get one paid break in the afternoon (which I believe is against the rules).
Around Christmas time it becomes extremely busy and extra stressful!! Management basically wants you to be working open to close and if you say no they make you feel horrible and guilt trip you into staying. If at this point the calls have slowed down they'll send people home ( but not the ones who stayed later even though they've been working 13 hrs).
The pay is just above minimum wage but for the abuse you endour from the customers it really isn't worth it, the benefits suck as well.
Pros
The other employees
Good Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 August 2016
No complaints, I enjoyed working there! Good staff, good people working there. Some days were long but most days flew by. I would go back and be part time if that was a possibility.
PLEASE READ *******
Customer Loyalty Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa29 April 2014
PLEASE READ****

Worked there for almost 1 full year in the Customer Retention Dept.

Terrible benefits, wage is only $11.81 and the hours are awful.

The management changes the scripting every other week, they are constantly marking your calls trying to find things you did bad on so you do not recieve the incentives that are provided.

The supervisors don't even know what there doing and you even have to log when you go to the bathroom...

I do not recommend Minacs for anyone, It is a terrible environment to work in and you are to work 9.5 hours a day.

There is no advancement and trust me, you would not want to have advancement there, its not a good company to work for what so ever.
Pros
There are no Pro's
Cons
Environment, Management, Hours, Benefits, Customers, Pay, overall Business is terrible.
Only for the desparate
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 August 2016
This company will never care about you and have absolutely no goal to have quality employees. Quantity over quality.
Pros
guaranteed full time
Cons
guaranteed termination
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 February 2016
Its not a bad job.
calling center
9 and a half hours a day
most people are pretty friendly
Others could be more friendly
i've learned alot from this job
It just wasn't for me
The hardest part is dealing with rude people or not knowing how to do something and getting a tiny bit irritated
The best part is the people i have met.
Pros
Incentives for selling
Cons
long hours, some people aren't as friendly as they could be.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2016
This was one of the better companies to work for in Peterborough, especially since they require next to nothing for qualifications when hiring people.
Pros
Easy Job
Bland and Life-draining workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 May 2013
A typical day here involves most calls coming in being transfers and customers calling in to complain about our customer service. The management here seems to treat us a little unfairly, we are in a very limited space environment and have been dis-allowed to wear jackets on the floor for reasons we do not know and they don't bother to turn up the heat to compensate. As well, changes are made to our schedules on a regular basis without any informing. We receive two 15 minute breaks and one half-hour lunch. As i have been informed, both of those 15 minute breaks are legally supposed to be paid breaks but we only get paid for one of them. The hardest part of the job is the sales incentive they have applied to us agents. Most calls the customers already have, do not want, or cannot receive our services and so we are not able to sufficiently meet their goals for us but yet they continue to raise the mark.
Cons
Not very flexible hours/schedules; promised full-time but not garunteed
Same old Call Centre
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 July 2016
I thought I already wrote a long winded review on this place, but apparently I need another. Sadly it's an OK place to work, nothing really blowing me away from the quality or managers.
My co-workers are great to work with , hours are flexible and it is close to home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 July 2016
Currently I respond to customer emails and chats , we assist our customer in getting the assist they need . We work along with our dealerships to get these issues resolved.
a very stressful job
email agent (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 July 2016
Job is stressful
there is always people to help
rated on your calls, handling times
if the customer does not care for advise then they are made
TL are helpful but have a stressful job also
Pros
shift bids
Casual. Pleasant. A lot of turnaround.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls9 May 2014
I like working for Minacs.
There are tons of complainers here reviewing, but what they aren't saying is the benefits of working here.
1 - You aren't on your feet all day flipping burgers or pouring coffee.
2 - Every second weekend off.
3 - Free coffee.
4 - Free parking.
5 - Little perks, little incentives, monthly bonuses.
So those people complaining, yes, your shift might suck, but it could be a lot worse. You are NOT being constantly harassed by management, just do your job and don't screw around. Actually show up, get paid, and with your tenure hopefully you will end up with an OK shift. Not saying this is a career, but its a pay cheque.
Excellent company to work for as support staff or management, better pay than other call centers
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario16 September 2011
One of the best paying call centers if you are support staff or management. Management gets good semi annual bonuses and even agents get semi annual bonuses based on their individual metrics (most call centers leave agents out of bonus systems). Good respect between management and staff including overseas collegues. Excellent support from head office to individual call centers. Clients are generally wonderful and range from banks, to car manufacturers and have great rapport with call centers. If salaried however expect to work long hours but the pay scale does reflect this. There is however, rarely any advancement opportunity and the jobs are not very secure as these jobs are dependant upon the client staying. Overall, this is a terrific place to work and gain experience for your next new employer, I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
good pay, good support from ho and overseas
Cons
long hours, jobs are very client staying dependant
Very difficult work atmosphere - feeling of little to no support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 February 2016
mostly listened to complaints from customers all day - no support or understanding from management - more benefit to company then to agents - company often stepped outside employment for own benefit - agents unhappy with work, but many felt trapped
a stepping stone opposed to a career
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, On27 May 2015
The workplace at Minacs is very mentally draining with a high volume of calls for 9 hours, you have 3 breaks; two of them 15 minutes and one lunch break of a half hour, the management is quite difficult to deal with, if you want to have sundays off for faith, consider it imposible this a life decision 100% neither understood or appreciated. The training modules are out of date which cause set backs while learning but the handouts are helpful, training is heavily based off of mere completion of tests so regardless of understanding you'll get through it answers are read out to the training room in a checklist fashion, many people in your class will quite the first week out of training and slowly but surely your personal life will take a toll from exhaustion, the people are great though, job just has little to no support for personal life balance
Pros
the jobs there and you'll get hired
Cons
long hours, short breaks, bad schedules

2.9