Concentrix Employee Reviews

challenging working with crisis and emergency situations
Navigation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 May 2017
working with OnStar is an ideal job for those who are able to manage and deal with stressful situations dealing with emergencies and crisis. But can be difficult for those who can not manage those situations
stressful and fun environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 May 2017
- a lot of information to remember which makes it stressful
- staff is very supportive and want you to succeed
- many fun opportunities to give people breaks off phones
- a lot of incentives given
- opportunities for movement around the company
- job is not for everyone, but if you can handle it then you have a better chance of making a lot of money
Pros
supportive management, many opportunities for incentives
Cons
a lot of time on the phone
Stressful work culture
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 May 2017
In concentrix if you need best out of employees the supervisor and trainer should be more encouraging and enthusiastic instead of scaring the new employees about the Inbound calls.
it was not worth it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON8 May 2017
you are not prepared to work here if you are happy or wish to have a better life. do not apply for a career, apply for a set amount of money or time. This job will make you miserable and the pay is not worth it in the long run.
Don't work here
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 May 2017
I worked for concentrix for less than a year the pay was subpar to other call centres in the area and there is no work life balance your shift is set for 3 months unless you move to a new department and then only your exam scores and tenure are counted towards the next shift bid I loved working with my coworkers and team leads but the management only gave political answers and often flip flopped on what was actually happening
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours no advancement poor management horrible shifts
My manager was fantastic
Multi-Skilled Customer Support Representitive (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 May 2017
During my time at Concentrix, when it was known as Aditya Birla Minacs, my team leader was the main reason I stayed as she kept the atmosphere positive amid constant and abrupt changes to the tasks handed out and effectively kept us on task through strong leadership and people skills.
Not recommended for everyone
Customer service (Fraud/Dispute) (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB2 May 2017
The system will not allow you anything, so if you need to flex time or time off it will not be approved and even if you were to bring a Doctors note it might not be approved anyhow, we get 2 weeks vacation per/year and you are told you can split those days if you don't want to take the whole week, 3 of my fellow coworkers were able to take single vacation day here and there but I and the rest were denied our Vacation day because apparently it would block the whole week so no one could take that week as a vacation, just a small and not brilliant example of how unfair you will be treated
Monotonous work & doesn't follow availability
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2017
The work wasn't so bad once you graduate from the starting department (Subscriber) but the shifts are always late afternoon until midnight for people low in seniority - and it doesn't matter if you actually can't work a specific day or time, they schedule you for it anyway.
Pros
Easy work, lots of overtime available
Cons
Mentally draining
Was an ok work place
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB2 May 2017
was your average call center with your average call center pros and cons, they were flexible and easy to work with but there were clear staffing issues that were in need of fixing that were not fixed
decent
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 April 2017
lots of work for such little pay, they expect you to want to be there but all that seems to happen is people being rude or comments revolving around the building. its like working in jail for minimum wage.
typical call center
Customer Service Representative Senior (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 April 2017
typical call center environment that has no consideration for family. You are treated as a number not a person while working there. They have a lack in the flexibility of hours
Good environment and good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 April 2017
Concentrix is a very nice place to work not for everyone though but if you like computers and like helping people solve their problems then its the job for you!
Pros
Break computers to go on free browsign on lunches
Cons
Shift Bid
Worst company ever
Universal Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 April 2017
Previously called "Minacs", now Concentrix, the company is essentially staffed by the same abysmal management team and army of dejected cubical drones hovering above minimum wage in a job where a technician in India has to approve bathroom breaks.

If you accept a job here, expect the following:

-An unnecessarily long and largely pointless 5 week orientation at the Chatham contact center, the last two weeks of which is on the production floor fielding calls from irate customers.
-Slow, frequently down call software that causes delays in response time on the phones, frustrating employee and customer alike.
-Callous, metrics-driven team 'leaders' who respond to work related questions with derisive rejoinders to study the employer instruction manual on the company intranet for your answers or to "bug" the so-called Subject Matter 'experts ' (SMEs - agents with a $1 pay bonus) instead. Expect to have the largely female supervisor team copy/paste answers provided hours or days earlier rather than provide a simple and helpful reply to your queries.
-Largely invisible, indifferent team managers uniquely concerned with call handling time & high staffing levels.
-Endless cycles of churn (employer turnover) due to appallingly bad pay, no benefits, no vacation time, and abusive, 'employee-last' culture pervasive throughout the centers.
-Limited bathroom breaks and frequent chidings or outright condemnation from the team leaders for taking a sick day or even just spending too long helping a needy customer. These third party call centers basically amount to a massive cash grab
  more... by greedy corporations like Chrysler who outsource their entire customer service division to foreign owned businesses that nickel and dime their employees instead of hiring their own staff for decent pay & benefits (which would cut into inflated executive bonuses).

This is literally run like a Mumbai sweatshop. The dollar store is better.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2017
I worked here for 8 years and I loved the atmosphere and people I worked with. It was a very nice place to work only left because I found a job which paid more
Worst Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 April 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you like being paid to get yelled at by the management and by the customers. you are only allowed to use the rest room 30 mines a month. the worst job I have ever had.
Poor Management, Awful Hours, Hard to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 April 2017
Everything in this company comes down to business needs. If you need to trade a shift with someone that has 20 less seniority than yourself, you must check with each person in the middle. If they want the shift instead, you are stuck with the lesser shift that you did not even want. Management will take very long to assist you with any scheduling, no matter how much advance notice (although that's if they even help you). Only one paid break per shift with a mandatory extended hour of work. Least amount of pay per any call center in the area. Benefits kick in after 6 months which is nice, but no dental until one year. QA is horrible and will not provide any feedback for calls unless it's resulting in a fine for the company.
Bed bugs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 April 2017
This is a terrible place to work, impossible targets to hit and people don't show up for their shift so the people that do show up get slammed with calls. Nobody respects the company so they just do whatever they want, the building in Dartmouth has bed bugs too. They're to cheap to clean and people are at risk of taking them home. It's gross!!
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Pay, bed bugs
Bad Atmosphere & Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 April 2017
My time at Concentrix was a short one; the pay is $12.30 which isn't that great and the misery you must endure is not worth it.

Management is terrible, the workers seem miserable and I don't blame them. You are given terrible hours that ruin your family and social life. Management is always on top of you and is never satisfied, workers always complain and the ones that do work hard do not get compensated while the ones who fool around wearing silly hats doing nothing half the time get the credit and more money.

Even for training it wasn't a good experience; the training class would constantly go off topic even the trainer for long periods, we would have to take in a significant amount of knowledge that was completely useless on the call floor (you learn more on the call floor) and you must do an exam at the end of training and achieve an 80% or higher to keep your job.

If you want to work at Concentrix be prepared to endure bad hours, bad management, a miserable atmosphere and overall a terrible experience.

I do not recommend working here
Pros
Cons
Work hours, Pay, Management
It was okay
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work from Home19 April 2017
The first campaign I was on was great but then we switched and I found them very unsupportive and difficult to work with. At the end it was a bad experience
Not a good workplace at all!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 April 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone!!
I worked here for only about one month and HATED It
Everyone that has been there for years is miserable and rude
The management sucks
You don't get paid enough to deal with everything you have to do working for this company
Also using the computers are just so disgusting you need to bring your own cleaning supplies (Lysol wipes) to wipe down the computer and desk because it's so filthy
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.