Concentrix Employee Reviews

Fast paced and demanding. Good attempts though at lightening the amount of stress on employees
Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 July 2016
A typical day is taking 100+ calls well having 2-3 minutes in between calls in order to document customer’s concerns.

Things I have learned are the operating/software systems of the radios, and that just because your phone paired to the radio before does not mean it is tested/compatible.

Management: Most are very knowledgeable and attempt to assist you; however some of them are quite discourteous or even rude.
Co-workers: Co-workers are rather delightful and help make the workdays a little easier.

The hardest part of the job is when customer’s call in irate because of another agent or a dealer. You need to mediate the situation and attempt to find out if we can do anything to assist them; most of the time we cannot help them which then leads to a denial.

The most enjoyable part is when you can actually help someone by getting them a rental or pairing their phone to their radio system. As well HR tries to do theme days every month (most people don’t take part) but for those who do it is quite entertaining.
Pros
Theme days, co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with little to no chance of pay increase, little job security
Never Again
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton ont7 October 2016
Every single paycheck was delayed "due to payroll" issues. The people were great to work with. The campaign I was on did not send any product samples so we were the only class on the floor without any first hand product knowledge. Management was incredibly friendly and personable.
Nobody wants to work their butt off just to find that nobody has their paycheck. Its frustrating, its annoying and its not fair.
Pros
great people
Cons
Late paychecks
Good people, Good mid level management, Bad upper level management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Minacs, we would talk to Americans all day about their issues with the iOS products.

My direct manager was great, and understanding.

The former HR lady who was fired after I was fired, had threatened me with my job if I didn't stop going to my counselling appointments which couldn't be changed from Tuesdays.

Upper level Op's manager who fired me, decided to insult me on my way out and when I did ask for a reason for my firing I was told there wasn't one.

If they hadn't have fired me before my three months this is looked at as a case of firing due to a disability. I would not recommend working at Minacs.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Upper level Management who doesn't care
Was a good company, Not so much now.
Tier 1 Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 May 2016
A typical day at work is coming in to a computer (that hopefully works), dealing with an array of customers (some of them rude but most quite pleasant) and constantly battling HR and management for schedule accommodations.

I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge of customer service and technical troubleshooting but management here is unbearable. Most of them are condescending, they care more about Apple then they do you as an employee and they tend to coerce individuals into quitting when you approach them about they're wrong doing.

The hardest part of the job is working your butt off and getting fantastic stats only for you to be stuck with night time shifts with no explanation as to why this is occurring. Also, HR handles LOA's and shift change requests very poorly, making taking time off a pain.

The Coworkers are the only thing that keeps you working day after day here, without them you would just be a slave to higher management who only cares about their own well being.

I wouldn't recommend working here for very long unless absolutely necessary.
Pros
good coworkers, good pay
Cons
long hours, poor management, little attention to worker's needs
Flexible work place
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 January 2017
A decent place to work catered with fantastic training aids. Lots of support material to strengthen troubleshooting skills.
Pros
Free lunches on special holidays
Cons
Availability of overtime
very friendly environment
Team Leader (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 December 2016
What I loved the most in Concentrix was the friendly work environment. I enjoyed every second I had work in Concentrix as I felt that I belong to a family out there.
Pros
management, good work environment
Cons
carrer pathing
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 June 2016
So far I know a lot of people couldn't handle this job since it is a stressful and busy environment but I am managing to stick through it. They should provide better and longer training. It felt that everything moved too quickly and that we didn't have enough time to practice. You have to learn everything quickly at their own pace not even your own. You have to be very knowledgeable and be confident on the phone and all calls are monitored. Some customers are rude and it could be very hurtful at times. The TLs are useless and rude sometimes when I needed help. Some act like they don't care if you are mentally stressed at work. The hours are way too long to work and being on the phone for that long can be irritating. And we don't get paid for breaks/lunches. I would say this job is only temporary. Overall, the best part is that the co-workers are all friendly.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, no paid breaks/lunches
good
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 December 2016
Good.........
Will work there again when the opportunity comes up.
Great co-workers
Good management for the most part
Large desks

Worst part is lunch room and lockers on second floor and not enough time in breaks and lunch to get to there
Best place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 February 2017
My time at Minacs (when I worked there) was despite short, the best time I had ever had. If I was asked to have accepted back, I would take it. Had the best fellow employees, great management. Overall a great environment.
Good atmosphere
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 November 2016
For the company it self it is fantastic, good atmosphere, and good frendly environment. Pay is good benifts as well. Training is very in depth on the topic on what you are learning.
Pros
Company is great
Cons
Management needs improvement
Mincas Phone Operator
Emergency Advisor/Subscriber/Customer Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
The people I worked with were great at Minacs. Management not so much. It was managed by a company who didn't care about their employees' welfare. Didn't matter how long you worked there or how good at the job you were, you were disposable.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB14 December 2016
worked 7,5 hrs. per day, full time, learned how to deal with customers for there credit card, co-workers were awesome, the hardest part of the job was when customers get angry and don't say good things at you, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff, team leaders, supervisors, etc..
Pros
social club
Filthy office. Bad work with too low pay.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 August 2016
Stupid strict about stupid things. 90% of the time I went to the bathroom I had to clean another person's faeces off the toilet seat or urine before I could use one of their stalls. That's not even an exaggeration. It's filthy. They pay only slightly above min wage. You put your body and mind on the line because you will get fat and depressed working this job. My advice? Get the job, take the training and call sick every day there's customer facing time. Then quit at nesting. This place is garbage 0/10. Employees are good, managers treat you like high school students.
Take their training dollars and move on.
Pros
Cons
Literally Everything
bad
top dawg (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 August 2016
Lets start with their slogan:
"We're Different here"
Not we're the best, or number 1 or anything good, just hey we suck most of the time, since we're a call center, and were not bragging about it. I guess theyre trying to be real, but what a let down at the same time.

bathrooms are gross since everybody is fat. Have you went for a bike ride in the rain and got that mud slick trail from your tire slinging mud on your back?... well I always think this, when I check for a stall that has not be violated. How fat do you have to be, to sit down, and miss the line up between your backside and the hole. I dont get it.
Pros
free phallic shaped items to practice your sucking
Cons
you have to share the phallic shappd items and cant take em home
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
• Troubleshoot client’s internet connection over the phone and sent tickets or technicians depending on the nature of call.
• Helped the team to improve call quality by creating positioning statements regarding different issues with internet.
• Worked on numerous projects, went to different departments to promote, and get their opinion and positioning on variety of topics.
Overall good for short-term employment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ON14 October 2015
Overall experience with this company has been average. They have wonderful employees to work with, and offer great benefits and incentives for job referrals, however they do not have the best time management for working with staff in regards to home life, emergencies, and other responsibilities.

Currently been working with them for an ongoing issue and have yet to receive an answer from management. This discourages myself, my family, and other employees who are aware of the situation. In my case they have shown no empathy towards this situation and are more focused on making money than ensuring employee safety.

They also have issues with scheduling. Many employees receive incorrect schedules and must make emergency/last minute arrangements to ensure their family is taken care of, rather than the scheduling department resolving the issue as it should have been.

I will state that they are fantastic people in general, however there is lots of room for improvement.
Pros
Dress down days, recruitement incentives
Cons
long hours, bad scheduling, inability to return phone calls/emails in timely manner
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 November 2016
The company is good and compettive wage wise. The hours are sometimes long or to short, have a lot of hour reductions right now cause in my opinion they hired to many employees at once
its a pretty good place to work but the pay is bad
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NB9 February 2017
I do like the job but it doesn't pay good enough to be getting yelled at, i learned alot from this job that the customer is not always right and theres alot of identity theft
Pros
good people
Cons
bad pay
great place to work, and get your foot in the door for other customer service jobs.
customer service representative- flexible shifts (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 January 2017
Concentrix is a great place to begin gathering customer service experience and getting your foot in the door for more jobs like this.
Pros
right on the lake, lots of wildlife
Great management and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2016
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to return to work. They start you off right with in-class training then nesting with mentor support. Then your working independently along side your co-workers. Ongoing support and coaching is available when required. With all the mistakes I have made thus far they still work to keep me working.
You couldn't find better co-workers they are friendly, supportive and willing to help with customers questions when you get stuck on a call or a hug when things get a little over whelming.
The hardest part of the job is finding a chair with arms and all the equipment required to start on time. It's a scavenger hunt but again there is always a co-worker willing to help in the hunt. It has it's issues surrounding Disability access no automatic door buttons on most of the exit doors, and handicapped washrooms are limited to two.
We are looking forward to the new company that has bought Minacs they already have the bathrooms painted and the carpets cleaned!! It will be exciting to see what other changes they have planed.
Pros
Social Club, Ergonomic set up available.
Cons
high stress, paid by the minute

2.9