Concentrix Employee Reviews

High strees, high expectations, average wage
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 January 2017
Customers are generally angry, human resources does everything BY the book, management is lost and disconnected, and you can't have peanuts... we're all ADULTS...carry your epipen. Adult workplace with daycare like attitudes
Pros
You make money
Cons
Stress, Customers complaining, management disconnected, lack of benefits, lack of personal individual care, no peanut butter sandwiches allowed
Poor Pay/Management not behind employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 December 2016
I learned that Canada Post customers are rude, nasty and swear and take out their frustrations on the CS person. Not a good time. It wasn't all bad. Good people working and became friends. We truly tried to help customers but were limited in what we could do. People are so mean over the phone.They would not treat you the same if you were there in person. This was the hard part of the job. The good part was a supervisor who sympathised and understood and co workers that also understood. We did have pizza days and our team lead was great.The pay was terrible, for the verbal abuse that we had to take, higher pay would be a nice compensation.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Nasty mean customers
Entertaining workplace with fun activities and great learning adventages
Senior Advisor Technical Support Repersentative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 December 2016
At my work place, we were always learning new things with hand on activities. The co-workers, and management can always make your day and always uplift spirits, if its from eating cake for your birthday, to summer activities to get workers and family involved,
Pros
Always having hours, and opportunity to gain more
Cons
change of hours
Absolutelay the worst job ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 November 2016
They will force you to work overtime with not even a days notice. You won't get stat holidays off. High stress job and supervisors don't help and don't care about employees. They will force you into jobs without training you. You will get yelled at all day on the phone, and they will only allow you 3 mins in between calls. The only good things are the benefits, and the people you work with.
Pros
Benefits, and colleagues
Cons
Forced overtime, no help, no training, high stressed, get yelled at on almost every call, management is not existent, HR works with management, not with employees, and just a horrible atmosphere.
Great Benefits of Working at Minacs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 November 2016
I really enjoyed working at Minacs with the people. The staff and management were always good to me however i felt like they chose favorites. The abuse from the dealerships was never taken into consideration especially when staff were taking time off for stress leave which i found was not fair. Bathrooms were very unhygenic to the point where the ministry of health should of went in. Over all the work place environment was very comforting.
Pros
Incentives, Potlucks
Cons
Abuse, Management
Typical Call Centre
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2016
I find once you work in a call centre they are all the same. Sure this call centre was okay because you got to help people with their technical issues, but for the most part, the pay is terrible and you get disrespected alot by the customers on the phone and no one seems to care. I feel I am more valuable then that and therefore will never work in a call centre again.
Pros
its at least a job
Cons
long hours, low pay, bad treatment by the customer
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
• Troubleshoot client’s internet connection over the phone and sent tickets or technicians depending on the nature of call.
• Helped the team to improve call quality by creating positioning statements regarding different issues with internet.
• Worked on numerous projects, went to different departments to promote, and get their opinion and positioning on variety of topics.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB14 December 2016
worked 7,5 hrs. per day, full time, learned how to deal with customers for there credit card, co-workers were awesome, the hardest part of the job was when customers get angry and don't say good things at you, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff, team leaders, supervisors, etc..
Pros
social club
Good Pay but Awful Enviroment
Apple Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 October 2016
Hourly wage is a love minimal but you always have unexpected scheduling changes and you may be required to work early morning and late at nights so if you ride the bus expect to walk or taxi it home. The Enviroment is stuffy and loud and you never know if you'll get a working computer, therefore you may be late to punch in and get docked pay. Benefits are alright and there is lots of people to help you but honestly it isn't worth the extra $1.50 per hour. Your mental health will also go down the toilet.
Pros
Bonuses for customer service ratings.
Cons
Longs unknown hours
Never Again
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton ont7 October 2016
Every single paycheck was delayed "due to payroll" issues. The people were great to work with. The campaign I was on did not send any product samples so we were the only class on the floor without any first hand product knowledge. Management was incredibly friendly and personable.
Nobody wants to work their butt off just to find that nobody has their paycheck. Its frustrating, its annoying and its not fair.
Pros
great people
Cons
Late paychecks
Great people and position. After 5 years it just wasn't for me any longer.
Senior Support Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 October 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with most. I also enjoyed how accommodating the company was in regards to dress codes. It was casual.

I learned how to use a Mac computer (had only ever used a PC before hand).

My supervisor was awesome. She always made you feel like your job was secured and that my opinions and concerns were addressed and handled in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get customers to understand the information/decision was due to the terms and conditions in which they actually agreed to when first signing up with the services we provided.
Pros
Pay was above minimum wage and the people employed along side myself was great.
Cons
Difficult customers and micromangaging. Also layout wasn't greatest.
Low pay, forced overtime, high turnover
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 January 2017
Pretty fun at first getting to know so many new people and all that. Management seemed very positive and upbeat but it quickly becomes clear that this is all staged and nobody really cares. You'll start off in a class of 20 people and within a few months 90% of them will be gone. Those are the lucky ones. The remaining classmates still there will be dedicating their entire free time (what is left of it after the never ending "extended hours") to finding another job.

Here are some takeaways from the general feel:
- No natural light
- computers are frequently broken (a bit too often for tech company)
- Management can be downright insulting
- pay incentives are a joke and the base rate is minimum wage
Pros
If sitting is your thing, you 'lol be sitting all day
Cons
minimum wage job, Forced overtime every..single...week, Forced to work stat holidays, Fluctuating schedule with no leeway, HR is a joke
Good job if you need a quick cash influx but not good for long-time prospects
Apple Tier 1 Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2016
Management was brought in from other sites/programs and were more concerned about you meeting metrics for arbitrary stats than you actually doing a good job.

Pay was abysmal as well.
Pros
2 weeks paid-training. Nice environment for the most part. Casual dress.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, low opportunity for advancement
It's great to be in High School again
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 September 2016
Working at Minacs is fine , if you enjoyed the juvenile politics of high school. If you can turn a blind eye to a site manager who sexually harrasses "certain" employees, ignore the rate of pay being inconsistent with it's client's rate in the same job, and can conform to a supressed way of life where drama can decide your career, than Minavs is for you. Merit? Forget it! Everything is covered in icing for the first 50 days, then you get to cut into cake and the worms run out. Keep your head down and you'll be fine. They're always watching you.
Pros
Benefits.... eventually.
Cons
Scheduling, booking time off, politics, ants and cochroaches, hypocracy, lack of professionalism, etc....
Filthy office. Bad work with too low pay.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 August 2016
Stupid strict about stupid things. 90% of the time I went to the bathroom I had to clean another person's faeces off the toilet seat or urine before I could use one of their stalls. That's not even an exaggeration. It's filthy. They pay only slightly above min wage. You put your body and mind on the line because you will get fat and depressed working this job. My advice? Get the job, take the training and call sick every day there's customer facing time. Then quit at nesting. This place is garbage 0/10. Employees are good, managers treat you like high school students.
Take their training dollars and move on.
Pros
Cons
Literally Everything
bad
top dawg (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 August 2016
Lets start with their slogan:
"We're Different here"
Not we're the best, or number 1 or anything good, just hey we suck most of the time, since we're a call center, and were not bragging about it. I guess theyre trying to be real, but what a let down at the same time.

bathrooms are gross since everybody is fat. Have you went for a bike ride in the rain and got that mud slick trail from your tire slinging mud on your back?... well I always think this, when I check for a stall that has not be violated. How fat do you have to be, to sit down, and miss the line up between your backside and the hole. I dont get it.
Pros
free phallic shaped items to practice your sucking
Cons
you have to share the phallic shappd items and cant take em home
Horrible place to work for
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 August 2016
Working here was soul draining and very mentally exhausting. First off, majority of the customers are very unpleasant. The rudeness from customers can be bearable if minacs had a good support system but THEY DON'T!!! It's all about kissing butt. Everyone walks around like they have a chip on their shoulder and the atmosphere is very tense. They are going to lie to yo and say it is a fun place to work, don't believe them please run. The money is not worth it
Cons
Good organization for a step-in-the-door
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2016
The organization is good for new immigrants to get their first call centre job. I do not recommend working here long time as the Rewards and Recognition program and pay scales are way behind compared to other organizations within the industry.
Pros
Easy to get your foot in the door
Cons
Low Wages
Mincas Phone Operator
Emergency Advisor/Subscriber/Customer Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
The people I worked with were great at Minacs. Management not so much. It was managed by a company who didn't care about their employees' welfare. Didn't matter how long you worked there or how good at the job you were, you were disposable.
fun space
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2016
great place to work awesome people chairs were horrible. if you do not mindbtalking all day this is a great job but i would not advise the card delince department to much anger and yelling in one place all day.
Pros
people
Cons
to little time to relax and take a breathe

2.9