Concentrix Employee Reviews

Great company - just not for me
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 July 2017
help existing customers with their needs, taking inbound calls. majority of the calls last about 30 seconds on average.
great company, good morale, call centre was just not for me.
Small company feels like a family
Training Executive (Former Employee) –  Philippines25 July 2017
Work for about a year with Aditya birla Minacs, handling one of their clients as a training executive. Concentrix bought them in 2015, the old company was great, 300 FTE strong, small compared to competitors but the place was great
It was a Great experience
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 July 2017
I learned a lot from the job it gave me a lot of work and a lot of hours. If I were still living in Hamilton Ontario I would go back and work their again
Horrible Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 July 2017
Don't work here if you have kids, working 4pm-1am when you first start for at least 6 months. Good luck getting days off if you have appointments. You have to call 4 people if you are going to be sick.
Pros
Full time
Terrible. Dont waste your life!
Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 July 2017
This is by far the worse place I have ever worked and I have worked in a lot of different industries across Canada. The pay is really low; they mistreat people really bad. Long hours which kills your throat as its call after call non stop for 9-11 hours per day. Management/leadership are running it into the ground. Morale is terrible with so many upset/grumpy workers because of how they are treated. I am not sure how they stay in business as in my training class 24 started and only 5 remained when they were into production. This company wastes so much money. If you go over your time on calls or after call work they will be yelling. I am not sure who is more mean; the clients or the managers. If you want to hate your life work here. They are constantly changing their scheduling even without notice. They will flip you back and forth between programs with out your knowledge. Tell you to stay on script scripts and when you do get mad because your targets are low. They grade your calls and if you make a slight mistake you will fail that call leading to stern warnings etc. It is perhaps the nost unreasonable job that i have had. You often dont even have time for a drink of water as calls are right after each other. I would not recommend this job for anyone, any retail job is far better. Good luck trying to get important days off and if you get one good luck trying to afford anything especially if you have a family. I have never worked for an employer that completely disrespects their employees as much as this company does. Do not buy into their manipulations, as they will try to  more... present it as a good place to work. Nothing good comes out of concentrix.  less
Pros
Trainers, volleyball net
Cons
Management, TLs, the job, the pay, the sicknesses, the process, the rude clients, no life even if you have a day off you cannot afford to do anything
Worst workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2017
Not family friendly, doesn't care for their employees, not paying good but they want you to be on phone constantly that taking a sip of water you cant do. Supervisors are rude and degrading the team.
Pros
no pros
Cons
wont recommend to anyone
Csr
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2017
Very poorly run company and treat their staff horribly. Never let you have the time off you need and doesn't approved of medical leave of absence. Stressful place and i would never recommend anyone work there
Good if you need something fast
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
This job isn't for everyone, especially if you're not good on the phone and don't have good communication skills. It's a lot to learn and a major learning curve if you're not a tech savvy person, but I can say it definitely improved my communication skills and phone etiquette. The good thing about this job is that it is a guaranteed 40 hours a week. It's a good alternative to customer service if you don't want to do a physical job where you have to stand for hours. Management seems okay, haven't had a chance to interact much with management. The company seems to hire within and there seems to be lots of room for growth. It's a very down to earth environment and every co-worker I've interacted with has been great. Pretty positive environment for a call center despite some of the high stress calls. Work life balance isn't great - if you don't have good stats you will get stuck working late shifts and won't get your desired days off, usually stuck working weekends. Pay can also be a bit better. Training was good and informative but wasn't geared towards different learning styles. Often the trainers would pick on the people who were quieter and not outgoing which I didn't appreciate, but they prepare you well. Overall, it's decent if you need a job with guaranteed full time hours and able to develop a thick skin when it comes to irate customers.
Pros
relaxed environment and dress code, appropriate training time, on going training, room for growth within company, co-workers, nice office environment
Cons
high stress at times, weird shifts, never get desired days off, poor work/life balance
n.a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 July 2017
The company does not care about keep its employees happy. they only care about the money they are making. Stressful job for minimum wage. would not recommend
Cons
Managenment telling you to not go to HR with issues, tension in department changes, low wage
Not helpful with family life
Senior Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 July 2017
Trying to get help switching shifts and no one will help. Been on close shifts since i got the job. No matter how well you do on your stats you will still get close shifts cause you won't have enough tenure ever
Overall a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 July 2017
Pay could be better. Scheduling can be a bit of an issue at time. People you work with are great. Lots of training and incentives to move up within the company. Social events to take part in.
Hours way too long and the managers don't care about you.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 July 2017
Hours are way too long and the managers don't care about you. You are seen as everyone else... some of the managers are nice... lots of customer abuse that you have to take.
Pros
incentive and extra hours
Cons
days too long, hard to book time off from work or take time off and not enough sick days.
Poor management and wages .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick7 July 2017
The actual job itself is great other than that company should really look into mangement and wage issues. There is a chance of advancement and career pathing within the company.
worst place ever
Performance Coach/TSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 July 2017
It was one of the worst jobs/experiences I have ever been through. So unorganized, a lot of favoritism. No one is professional. Had seen many offensive behaviors that had been reported but resulted in the employee loosing his/her job instead of the management.
Fun people, Silly Job
Clear 4G Tech Support/Customer Care Agent/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
A typical day is always filled with angry customers because the product we supported was not a great tool. I think they only lasted 3-4 years. Management did their best to try and make this work but the the product and service being low quality, it was a sinking ship or sales, service and satisfaction.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
poor quality product to support
Stable but stressful
OnStar Provisioning Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 June 2017
I find my work environment to be stressful. The job itself is not well suited for me. Not generally a positive atmosphere in terms of staff and management.
Good Client, Poor Management
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 June 2017
The workplace is somewhat toxic and getting worse due to the issues with the current security policy. The Team Leaders are either apathetic or dismissive of the needs of the people working under them, and the higher level staff on-site are even worse. The management aren't bad people, but they are more loyal to the company than to their employees.

The client, though, provides great tools and is transparent about compensation. Their only flaw is that they sometimes make policy decisions that negatively impact employees, and the lack of initiative in the site management means that these policy decisions go unaddressed for a quite long time.
An honest review
OnStar Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 June 2017
A typical day of work at Concentrix starts off by passing one of the many swipe doors that for the most part don't work. After you spend 25 minutes trying to find an empty desk to work at you need to sign in to the computer system as with most jobs and then open your many applications used throughout the day. The calls taken throughout the day were mostly disgruntled customers angry about being taken or scammed by onstar, which for the most part was true due to the ridiculous metrics and sales standards for the company - which if are not met, job termination can be a result. The "sink or swim" management style lead to general turmoil and instability in the company. The culture of the workplace was dehumanizing at best with signs and posters plastered along the walls that basically stated "you'll never do better than this job" and "the client matters - but you don't". The hardest part of the job was simply showing up - no other job had made me dread waking up in the morning as much as this one. The only enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
you have no dignity
Management wasn't trained properly.
Software Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 June 2017
Management needed more training. More than a few times I had issues come up which after writing me up, were found to be mistakes, and no, they did NOT take away my write ups, though I was found to have not committed any infractions. I even had a meeting with three people from management about the issue, and was told multiple times that they were working on removing my write ups, and that never came to light. Resigned from my position due to lack of competence regarding management.
Amazing job, bad management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 June 2017
I have been having a problem with another person who works at Concentrix and instead of making sure that each of their employees feels safe, they would rather hire just anyone off the streets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval