Concentrix Employee Reviews

An honest review
OnStar Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 June 2017
A typical day of work at Concentrix starts off by passing one of the many swipe doors that for the most part don't work. After you spend 25 minutes trying to find an empty desk to work at you need to sign in to the computer system as with most jobs and then open your many applications used throughout the day. The calls taken throughout the day were mostly disgruntled customers angry about being taken or scammed by onstar, which for the most part was true due to the ridiculous metrics and sales standards for the company - which if are not met, job termination can be a result. The "sink or swim" management style lead to general turmoil and instability in the company. The culture of the workplace was dehumanizing at best with signs and posters plastered along the walls that basically stated "you'll never do better than this job" and "the client matters - but you don't". The hardest part of the job was simply showing up - no other job had made me dread waking up in the morning as much as this one. The only enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
you have no dignity
Management wasn't trained properly.
Software Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 June 2017
Management needed more training. More than a few times I had issues come up which after writing me up, were found to be mistakes, and no, they did NOT take away my write ups, though I was found to have not committed any infractions. I even had a meeting with three people from management about the issue, and was told multiple times that they were working on removing my write ups, and that never came to light. Resigned from my position due to lack of competence regarding management.
Amazing job, bad management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 June 2017
I have been having a problem with another person who works at Concentrix and instead of making sure that each of their employees feels safe, they would rather hire just anyone off the streets.
Great job if your the telephone type
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
I worked on 3 different campaigns, each one had its pros and cons.
The first campaign was with a bank and it was all outbound calling, not my cup of tea,
Second campaign was with a tech company doing technical support that was more down my isle of work, all done through email much more enjoyed that one.
The final campaign I worked on was with the postal company and that was a lot harder to deal with,
Pros
Great company incentives
Cons
Rude customer
Convenient, though socially depriving
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 June 2017
Concentrix is a decent company to work for, though work-at-home is not for everyone. For those who require the work-at-home (WAH) environment to compensate/fill in the gaps of their schedule, there are full time/part time opportunities, but business needs will triumph your personal needs (unless medically/student based requirements are a factor).

Being on the Apple Tech Support contract, Apple is given its title as best phone support for a good reason. Apple gives you many opportunities to move up in the company, and also gives you opportunities for pay raises/P4P bonuses. In the first 6 months of working for Concentrix, I went from iOS support > Mac+ Support > Class Mentoring (Others progress much quicker) with a base knowledge of apple computers being nil-to-none.

Some downsides working for Concentrix however include having to use your break time to go to the washroom, having only 1 minute in between calls to finish the call notes from the previous call and also not having much social interaction with your peers (only having access to group chat, and the odd time chatting through adobe chat rooms).

With no to-and-from time to work, this position allowed me to focus more on my career development and give me the ability to get started in my field of work. WAH is not completely for me as I appreciate social interaction, though it really helped pay the bills while I was focusing on my career.
Pros
Many opportunities for moving up/pay increase, customer service/tech resolution experience
Cons
1 minute after call notes (ACW), can't use washroom unless using your break time, lack of social interaction with peers (nature of WAH)
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  oshawa20 June 2017
confidential agreement in place cannot divulge information it is a good place to work flexibility in work scheduling sometimes need to work on stat holidays.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
work on stat holidays
Unprofessional and no support
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON19 June 2017
No active HR for 2+ years.
Constantly issues with payroll.
You will be accused of "not being logged into your phone" and "late for break" on a regular basis when this isn't the case - and they won't pay you for this time.
Demotion in pay after 6 months instead of an increase as promised.
Chatham, Ontario location is a joke and run like a circus. Completely unprofessional and a dead end, unsupportive place of employment. Save your time and energy and apply at YA or TekSavvy call centres - better pay and the business is run properly.
Day at Concentrix
Customer Service/Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 June 2017
Answer estimated of 35 calls a day to activate customers with there Onstar system in any GM Vehicle located in Canada or the US. While answering these calls we will activate and try to sell customers extra months to as our incentive also will help customers with any problems they have.
Productive place to work
Bilingual Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Good training and strong culture but low salary and the shift doesn't help your life balance.
Enjoyable team building but the hardest part of the job is the time to resolve the troubleshouting
Pros
Training
Cons
Shift
I would rather be homeless
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 June 2017
Only consider working here if it is your last option. Even then, there are better alternatives. Perhaps live in the woods and eat wild rabbits, or find shelter in the sewers under the city. Either would be more enjoyable than working at concentrix. During training you can expect half your class to drop out, and the other half to fall asleep at their desks. You will feel woefully under prepared when you begin the job and will most likely quit in a week or 2 if you have made it this far. There is a reason they have to train 20 new employees every month. Morale amongst the employees is very low, and most dont stay longer than absolutely necessary. This might be the job for you if you enjoy low salary, long hours and being timed while you take a poo.
Pros
Cons
many
Not a very nice place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 June 2017
Once the ownership of the company changed, many other unfavourable changes took place. Benefits were cut back, raises were stopped, contests and incentives were changes. There is the expectation that you must always modify your personal life to accommodate their schedules and demands. Very poor work/life balance.
High stress environment
Subscriber Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 June 2017
It's a call center so it's a lot of sitting and answering calls. Fast paced, high stress, long hours. No sense of fulfillment. Has a high turnover rate.
Cons
Long hours, no set schedule
Good entry level job. Probably not somewhere you want to stay long term.
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 June 2017
My location has only recently become a Concentrix property, so most of my experience has been under other owners.
Since the ownership has changed to Concentrix, there has been an increase in security requirements , which may or may not be a client requirement. Restrictions on the ability to connect to certain websites, the prohibition on having certain devices available, actually impacts the ability to do the job.
Co workers have suddenly been fired for less than convincing reasons.
Progressive discipline documents are no longer on paper and the individual concerned no longer gets copies.
There have been some changes in how scheduling is done, I think that they are trying to make the life/work balance easier.
There are bonuses and work related perks, but the process for earning them are not always clear.
Pros
dependable hours, ongoing training
Cons
restrictions caused by security requirements actually impact the ability to the do the job properly.
Great workspace at first, but they micromanage too much.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 June 2017
I loved my first couple months at Concentrix. I loved the people and the company itself. But then I was put on shift work from 4pm-1am and it was a lot to handle. Also, we were never told that we would be working for 9.5 hours when we started. This schedule was really hard to continue because I was also working on the weekends till 1 am, so you cannot have a social life.
I eventually moved into another department, which I went into because I was bored with the old one. Once I got into it, it was too much for me, but I wasn't allowed to move back to my old department Eventually I quit because of the micromanaging and the long hours.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Unpaid breaks, long hours, repetitiveness, irregular hours
Productive and Active Work
OnStar Agent (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 June 2017
I learned to manage time and utilize teamwork. Not to much was hard about the job but the most enjoyable this about the job was being able to learn from the older employees.
Pros
helps build communication skills
Cons
bonuses depended on the team as a whole instead of individual performance
Mediocre and Unorganized
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada,ontario2 June 2017
Take it only if nothing else is available. Very unorganized company with managers changing weekly with no communication. Low pay and high-stress. Oh and don't get sick as 100% attendance is mandatory for the first 60 days. They will fire you regardless of doctors notes. I saw it happen to 3 out of 25 people in my class all of whom had valid reasons for missing.
Good working environment but no chance for advancement
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB31 May 2017
Its a good working environment but no chance for advancement or pay increases, some of the most friendly people you will ever have the chance of working with
productive space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
It was an easy place to work and have a good relationship with the staffs, i had quite a great time working here and sorting out a lot of work and blended well with everyone around.
Call Center
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB29 May 2017
Department I was in had good managers/team leads. Felt cared for and looked after. Helped solve problem and not make new ones. Can not speak for the whole center.
You have to give them credit for actually trying to make you less miserable
chat technical representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 May 2017
It is a generic call center,they don't care about you, I did chat and instantly hated myself the first day I walked in that building, the people are nice, they try to help you but I couldn't see myself finishing school to work there, there is title advancement but no reasonable raise, people can enjoy working there, more power to them, I have worked in other call centers but this is actually one of the few good places to work, they want you around tho, you cant take anyday of your life off, HR told me to get a letter from my church to take sunday off during my interview, I hadn't even picked a schedule yet. Long story short, if you are a college graduate there's definitely more out there, if you just want to get by or are in your summer period looking for experience, this is perfect, they hire any disability
Pros
they try to push a culture, but not everybody will accept, but they actually try
Cons
management, work life balance is a joke, job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval