Concentrix Employee Reviews

Good environment and good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 April 2017
Concentrix is a very nice place to work not for everyone though but if you like computers and like helping people solve their problems then its the job for you!
Pros
Break computers to go on free browsign on lunches
Cons
Shift Bid
Worst company ever
Universal Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 April 2017
Previously called "Minacs", now Concentrix, the company is essentially staffed by the same abysmal management team and army of dejected cubical drones hovering above minimum wage in a job where a technician in India has to approve bathroom breaks.

If you accept a job here, expect the following:

-An unnecessarily long and largely pointless 5 week orientation at the Chatham contact center, the last two weeks of which is on the production floor fielding calls from irate customers.
-Slow, frequently down call software that causes delays in response time on the phones, frustrating employee and customer alike.
-Callous, metrics-driven team 'leaders' who respond to work related questions with derisive rejoinders to study the employer instruction manual on the company intranet for your answers or to "bug" the so-called Subject Matter 'experts ' (SMEs - agents with a $1 pay bonus) instead. Expect to have the largely female supervisor team copy/paste answers provided hours or days earlier rather than provide a simple and helpful reply to your queries.
-Largely invisible, indifferent team managers uniquely concerned with call handling time & high staffing levels.
-Endless cycles of churn (employer turnover) due to appallingly bad pay, no benefits, no vacation time, and abusive, 'employee-last' culture pervasive throughout the centers.
-Limited bathroom breaks and frequent chidings or outright condemnation from the team leaders for taking a sick day or even just spending too long helping a needy customer. These third party call centers basically amount to a massive cash grab
  more... by greedy corporations like Chrysler who outsource their entire customer service division to foreign owned businesses that nickel and dime their employees instead of hiring their own staff for decent pay & benefits (which would cut into inflated executive bonuses).

This is literally run like a Mumbai sweatshop. The dollar store is better.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2017
I worked here for 8 years and I loved the atmosphere and people I worked with. It was a very nice place to work only left because I found a job which paid more
Worst Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 April 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you like being paid to get yelled at by the management and by the customers. you are only allowed to use the rest room 30 mines a month. the worst job I have ever had.
Poor Management, Awful Hours, Hard to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 April 2017
Everything in this company comes down to business needs. If you need to trade a shift with someone that has 20 less seniority than yourself, you must check with each person in the middle. If they want the shift instead, you are stuck with the lesser shift that you did not even want. Management will take very long to assist you with any scheduling, no matter how much advance notice (although that's if they even help you). Only one paid break per shift with a mandatory extended hour of work. Least amount of pay per any call center in the area. Benefits kick in after 6 months which is nice, but no dental until one year. QA is horrible and will not provide any feedback for calls unless it's resulting in a fine for the company.
Bed bugs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 April 2017
This is a terrible place to work, impossible targets to hit and people don't show up for their shift so the people that do show up get slammed with calls. Nobody respects the company so they just do whatever they want, the building in Dartmouth has bed bugs too. They're to cheap to clean and people are at risk of taking them home. It's gross!!
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Pay, bed bugs
Bad Atmosphere & Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 April 2017
My time at Concentrix was a short one; the pay is $12.30 which isn't that great and the misery you must endure is not worth it.

Management is terrible, the workers seem miserable and I don't blame them. You are given terrible hours that ruin your family and social life. Management is always on top of you and is never satisfied, workers always complain and the ones that do work hard do not get compensated while the ones who fool around wearing silly hats doing nothing half the time get the credit and more money.

Even for training it wasn't a good experience; the training class would constantly go off topic even the trainer for long periods, we would have to take in a significant amount of knowledge that was completely useless on the call floor (you learn more on the call floor) and you must do an exam at the end of training and achieve an 80% or higher to keep your job.

If you want to work at Concentrix be prepared to endure bad hours, bad management, a miserable atmosphere and overall a terrible experience.

I do not recommend working here
Pros
Cons
Work hours, Pay, Management
It was okay
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work from Home19 April 2017
The first campaign I was on was great but then we switched and I found them very unsupportive and difficult to work with. At the end it was a bad experience
Not a good workplace at all!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 April 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone!!
I worked here for only about one month and HATED It
Everyone that has been there for years is miserable and rude
The management sucks
You don't get paid enough to deal with everything you have to do working for this company
Also using the computers are just so disgusting you need to bring your own cleaning supplies (Lysol wipes) to wipe down the computer and desk because it's so filthy
customer service
i was classifed as tech support and i would help troubleshoot apple mobile products. the coworkers were very friendly and understanding. i would help the customer out as much as i could and if i couldnt help them i would transfer them to someone who can
New company owners; changing culture
Real Time Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 April 2017
I have been with Minacs for almost 15 years. We have recently been bought by Concentrix and are beginning changing the corporate culture to bring us in line with Concentrix's values.

I have seen many changes of programs but I have not felt that my employment has ever been threatened as they find new places for employees to move to. There are lots of places for movement and multiple offices.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation
Cons
Shift work
I truly enjoy the people that I work with
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NB17 April 2017
In the 11 years that I have been with the company, I have had the opportunity to work in a few departments, I am currently a trainer, a position that I take great pride in. I have worked under several great leaders and learned from each of them.
As in any work place there is sometimes negativity that surrounds you, this is something that can change quickly depending on the people you choose to spend your day with.
The only complaint that I would have is the change in benefits over the years and the lack of compensation for the job that is required.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Benefits need ot be upgraded, pay scale.
lighting in offince broken lights disgusting carpet potentialy causeing illness
Sevice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NB14 April 2017
great job for stress free environment, if you can tolerate management that is unable to assist with working with its agents to compensate shift hour requirements.
unpaid bathroom breaks.
human resource departments that give you the run around with no resource at all.
serious upgrade to office is needed with 10-13 lights in office either blinking or not working making it possible to get headaches during work
Pros
not sales driven, quality over quantity, no retention
Cons
extended hours, difficult to get compensation fro work hours no human resource support
Fun place to work and talk to other device users
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed working for concentrix. The Team Leaders were great and they really promoted people being moved up in the company quickly. Unfortunately the pay isnt the greatest so i decided to pursue other opportunities
Good experience
Jawbone Technical Suport Agent (Former Employee) –  Belfast, PE10 April 2017
- contact with customer
-develop skills as dealing with customer ( complains, concern ect)
-good multicultural environment ( people coming from everywhere in Europe)
Worst call centre i was ever at.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 April 2017
When i worked there it was called minacs. People would sell drugs in my row. Poor management. Pay was ok. They went under when they lost their only client
I loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 April 2017
I do not want to review this company.
I think my thoughts and feelings about working there are private. I can't seem to navigate away from this page without typing something in this box. I think that is very suspicious...
Depressing
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2017
Never work here. The pay is too low and doesn't accomidate mental breakdowns. I'm typing more because it needs at least 150 characters so let me say that you should never work here once more.
Productive and fun
iOS Chat Support Tier 1 Advisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 April 2017
Productive and fun - not the best having to deal with customers all day long who get angry at you because they didn't back up their iphone but other then that and the low salary the job is okay
Did not work for Concentrix
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
did not work at Concentrix, not sure where this came from. Not much to say when I did not work for this company, so I am just filling this in to get it done.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval