Concentrix Employee Reviews

It's great to be in High School again
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 September 2016
Working at Minacs is fine , if you enjoyed the juvenile politics of high school. If you can turn a blind eye to a site manager who sexually harrasses "certain" employees, ignore the rate of pay being inconsistent with it's client's rate in the same job, and can conform to a supressed way of life where drama can decide your career, than Minavs is for you. Merit? Forget it! Everything is covered in icing for the first 50 days, then you get to cut into cake and the worms run out. Keep your head down and you'll be fine. They're always watching you.
Pros
Benefits.... eventually.
Cons
Scheduling, booking time off, politics, ants and cochroaches, hypocracy, lack of professionalism, etc....
Great company to work for, but job will leave you feeling stressed out
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 November 2016
Pros: The company culture is really great; they do a lot of events on the floor such as super hero day and dressing up on Halloween. Management is very accommodating when it comes to schedules. Offers a good amount of overtime if needed. Co-workers are really friendly and extremely great to work with. Team leaders and trainers were very helpful and have helped me become better at what I do.

Cons: Lots of note-taking, which is very important to the company's client. Procedures are not always accurate and exact; it can be very hard to troubleshoot if there is an unknown issue. Schedules make it hard to balance work and other areas of life. I barely had time to rest and spend with my friends and family, especially when there's a lot of overtime scheduled. Pay is not worth the work that you do.
Pros
Great management and co-workers, free food on special occasions, incentives and bonuses for those who do well
Cons
Long hours for overtime, poor work-life balance, pay is not worth the work being done
Good job if you need a quick cash influx but not good for long-time prospects
Apple Tier 1 Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2016
Management was brought in from other sites/programs and were more concerned about you meeting metrics for arbitrary stats than you actually doing a good job.

Pay was abysmal as well.
Pros
2 weeks paid-training. Nice environment for the most part. Casual dress.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, low opportunity for advancement
Absolutelay the worst job ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 November 2016
They will force you to work overtime with not even a days notice. You won't get stat holidays off. High stress job and supervisors don't help and don't care about employees. They will force you into jobs without training you. You will get yelled at all day on the phone, and they will only allow you 3 mins in between calls. The only good things are the benefits, and the people you work with.
Pros
Benefits, and colleagues
Cons
Forced overtime, no help, no training, high stressed, get yelled at on almost every call, management is not existent, HR works with management, not with employees, and just a horrible atmosphere.
Fun environment but low pay and company advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2016
It's a great place if you want to start somewhere. If you never have any Customer Service Experience its a great way to start. Co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with really really angry Customer who continues to misbehave. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the people around you who continues to help. Management is also fantastic as well as they are well organized.
Pros
Easy Profession
Cons
Long hours and no advancement in the company any time soon
Please don't ever work at minacs!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 June 2016
Great customer service training but everything else sucked.
No time off, low pay, dirty work environment, rude and not helpful management, low employee morale, long hours, most people that worked there seemed to be low class techies and generally unclassy.
Worst experience of my life and to be honest it's quite traumatizing.
Pros
Great customer service training
Cons
Long hours, basing pay and incentives and job security on csat, dirty place to work, no job security, management sucked
bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 August 2016
Run from this place all they do is lie and put you down long hours and bad pay also bad benefits so if you are looking for a really bad job then this is your place
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad management
Fast paced and demanding. Good attempts though at lightening the amount of stress on employees
Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 July 2016
A typical day is taking 100+ calls well having 2-3 minutes in between calls in order to document customer’s concerns.

Things I have learned are the operating/software systems of the radios, and that just because your phone paired to the radio before does not mean it is tested/compatible.

Management: Most are very knowledgeable and attempt to assist you; however some of them are quite discourteous or even rude.
Co-workers: Co-workers are rather delightful and help make the workdays a little easier.

The hardest part of the job is when customer’s call in irate because of another agent or a dealer. You need to mediate the situation and attempt to find out if we can do anything to assist them; most of the time we cannot help them which then leads to a denial.

The most enjoyable part is when you can actually help someone by getting them a rental or pairing their phone to their radio system. As well HR tries to do theme days every month (most people don’t take part) but for those who do it is quite entertaining.
Pros
Theme days, co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with little to no chance of pay increase, little job security
Good people, Good mid level management, Bad upper level management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Minacs, we would talk to Americans all day about their issues with the iOS products.

My direct manager was great, and understanding.

The former HR lady who was fired after I was fired, had threatened me with my job if I didn't stop going to my counselling appointments which couldn't be changed from Tuesdays.

Upper level Op's manager who fired me, decided to insult me on my way out and when I did ask for a reason for my firing I was told there wasn't one.

If they hadn't have fired me before my three months this is looked at as a case of firing due to a disability. I would not recommend working at Minacs.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Upper level Management who doesn't care
Good till they move you
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 September 2016
I was there 8 months and then they move everyone to a new department with very little help with training almost all on our own and if you fail your fired it was great to start but has gone down hill and almost no pay raise. Its really a soul sucking job if i could give less stars i would
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everthing else
Poor Pay/Management not behind employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 December 2016
I learned that Canada Post customers are rude, nasty and swear and take out their frustrations on the CS person. Not a good time. It wasn't all bad. Good people working and became friends. We truly tried to help customers but were limited in what we could do. People are so mean over the phone.They would not treat you the same if you were there in person. This was the hard part of the job. The good part was a supervisor who sympathised and understood and co workers that also understood. We did have pizza days and our team lead was great.The pay was terrible, for the verbal abuse that we had to take, higher pay would be a nice compensation.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Nasty mean customers
horrible place to work
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 May 2016
Horrible place to work! really really really really horrible place to work! Maybe if you enjoy walking the incompetent through mundane tasks, or being consistently yelled at for something you can't control - or being treated like garbage by "supervisors" and "Team Leads" who power trip at every chance they get, or act as if if you should praise them like they are a god - you might...MIGHT like to work for Minacs
Great work environment
Représentante aux Soutien-Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2016
The people make you feel happy to go to work. And solving issues for customers does give you a great feeling. I felt respected as a individual by my collegues and management too!
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
low salary, schedule
Was a good company, Not so much now.
Tier 1 Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 May 2016
A typical day at work is coming in to a computer (that hopefully works), dealing with an array of customers (some of them rude but most quite pleasant) and constantly battling HR and management for schedule accommodations.

I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge of customer service and technical troubleshooting but management here is unbearable. Most of them are condescending, they care more about Apple then they do you as an employee and they tend to coerce individuals into quitting when you approach them about they're wrong doing.

The hardest part of the job is working your butt off and getting fantastic stats only for you to be stuck with night time shifts with no explanation as to why this is occurring. Also, HR handles LOA's and shift change requests very poorly, making taking time off a pain.

The Coworkers are the only thing that keeps you working day after day here, without them you would just be a slave to higher management who only cares about their own well being.

I wouldn't recommend working here for very long unless absolutely necessary.
Pros
good coworkers, good pay
Cons
long hours, poor management, little attention to worker's needs
Good Pay but Awful Enviroment
Apple Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 October 2016
Hourly wage is a love minimal but you always have unexpected scheduling changes and you may be required to work early morning and late at nights so if you ride the bus expect to walk or taxi it home. The Enviroment is stuffy and loud and you never know if you'll get a working computer, therefore you may be late to punch in and get docked pay. Benefits are alright and there is lots of people to help you but honestly it isn't worth the extra $1.50 per hour. Your mental health will also go down the toilet.
Pros
Bonuses for customer service ratings.
Cons
Longs unknown hours
Great Benefits of Working at Minacs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 November 2016
I really enjoyed working at Minacs with the people. The staff and management were always good to me however i felt like they chose favorites. The abuse from the dealerships was never taken into consideration especially when staff were taking time off for stress leave which i found was not fair. Bathrooms were very unhygenic to the point where the ministry of health should of went in. Over all the work place environment was very comforting.
Pros
Incentives, Potlucks
Cons
Abuse, Management
Good place to build work skills
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 July 2016
Was a great place for starting a career and building professional skills. Would recommend for young professionals. Very friendly coworkers. Salary was a little low considering the job, but that is the nature of its business model.
Not Somewhere I would choose to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 July 2016
Turn over rate is high
Management is not accountable
one hand has no idea what the other is doing or saying
youre only ever going to be a number
Pros
the other employees, benefits
Cons
poor managment
Typical Call Centre
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2016
I find once you work in a call centre they are all the same. Sure this call centre was okay because you got to help people with their technical issues, but for the most part, the pay is terrible and you get disrespected alot by the customers on the phone and no one seems to care. I feel I am more valuable then that and therefore will never work in a call centre again.
Pros
its at least a job
Cons
long hours, low pay, bad treatment by the customer
Never Again
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton ont7 October 2016
Every single paycheck was delayed "due to payroll" issues. The people were great to work with. The campaign I was on did not send any product samples so we were the only class on the floor without any first hand product knowledge. Management was incredibly friendly and personable.
Nobody wants to work their butt off just to find that nobody has their paycheck. Its frustrating, its annoying and its not fair.
Pros
great people
Cons
Late paychecks

2.9