Concentra provides me with a broad array of environments to work with on a daily basis.
Pros: great people, wide array of environments and products to work with and not silo'ed on a single product.
The people at Concentra are the main reason I have stayed for so long. They are wonderful people and have small, tight groups, that can easily get the job at hand accomplished in a timely manner. I work closely with all of the Infrastructure IT groups to include Wintel, Unix Apps, DBAs, Citrix, VMWare, Facilities, and Network on a daily basis. My typical – more... day would be to work on any projects at hand along with any maintenance or support issues that deal with SAN, NAS, Networker Backups, Linux and Solaris servers. Lately the projects have been related to Data Center Migrations and infrastructure buildout. The following are my qualifications;
• Storage / NAS / SAN / System Administrator III and Unix Infrastructure Team Lead (currently transitioning into Unix Infrastructure manager) at Concentra Health Systems / Humana experienced in the design and architecture, implementation, and follow-through to production with storage and Unix infrastructure. My current team is responsible for NAS / SAN storage, Backup and DR, and Unix OS / Infrastructure.
• Strong knowledge in supporting, building, and implementing configurations for EMC Symmetrix and Clariion hardware in SAN and NAS environments.
• Proven ability to plan, organize and lead technical projects in both small groups and corporate environments while keeping the customer at a very high level of satisfaction.
• Solid management skills, demonstrated proficiency in leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming cohesive team environments.
• Analytical thinker that consistently resolves ongoing issues or defects, often called upon to consult on problems that have eluded resolution by others. – less