Conair is Canada’s most experienced specialty aircraft operations provider, delivering a comprehensive range of aerial fire control products and services to a variety of national and international customers and partners. Our long-standing reputation for providing service excellence makes us an industry leader.
Every person on the Conair team is completely engaged in contributing to the success of our customers. We are proud of what we do, and we recognize that we participate in a vital public service of protecting timber resources, property and lives.
Business System Analyst - Finance
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Business Analyst will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, maintaining and enhancing the functions of the ERP system. With a thorough understanding of business operations this person will organize, coordinate and schedule projects and work assignments to manage the integration and utilization of the ERP system including analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for:
- Working with managers and staff to analyze current processes, develop solutions and define system configuration to meet business requirements;
- Assisting in the understanding, re-engineering and streamlining of processes and procedures to obtain optimum, reliable performance of ERP and associated systems;
- Assisting in the design of risk mitigation plans which introduce manual processes in the event of system failure;
- Acting as a liaison between Finance stakeholders and the Implementation support teams including the Conair ERP team and vendor staff;
- Planning, organizing and scheduling projects and work assignments while managing the integration and utilization of the ERP and data warehouse systems;
- Consulting cross-functionally to analyze and define current procedures as they relate to Finance and recommend new or modified system requirements and feasibility.
- Making recommendations for new technology or alternative uses of existing technologies;
- Assisting in the development of standards and procedures to obtain optimum, reliable performance of systems associated with ERP;
- Assisting with the design of data collection methods and report formats;
- Establishing controls and methods to monitor system and data integrity;
- Participating in the preparation and accuracy of finance models and reports;
- Other related duties as required.
In order to qualify for consideration for this role, we require all applicants to have consistently demonstrated the following:
- Understanding of how the ERP system can assist in achieving business goals and objectives;
- Knowledge of ERP systems functions and features;
- Knowledge of best practices and cross-functional process design;
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis and design;
- SQL, relational database management systems and information technology tools;
- Understanding of methods and uses of information technology tools including: report writers, special programming tools and general use desk top programs;
- Knowledge of the technical area of computer science, finance and project leadership;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of providing technical assistance, work direction and guidance;
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and effectively communicate alternative solutions to all levels of personnel (technical, user and management);
- Ability to analyze design and implement complex computer systems and programs;
- Ability to provide project leadership including project planning, coordination and reporting;
- Ability to analyze user needs accurately and develop courses of action including effective systems and programs;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communications skills (oral & written);
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- The ability to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines with frequently demanding time constraints essential;
Education and Experience
To effectively meet the needs of this role within the organization, our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems from an accredited institution or equivalent;
- Five years of increasing responsibility;
- Recent ERP implementation experience with a support focus in the area of Finance preferred;
- Enrollment in a professional accounting designation program an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by September 4, 2014.
Conair is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginals, visible minorities and persons with disabilities