Located in beautiful Abbotsford, BC, Conair is Canada’s most experienced specialty aircraft operations provider, delivering a comprehensive range of aerial fire control products and services. With Canada’s longest-standing reputation for service excellence Conair has been an industry leader, serving a variety of National and International customers and partners for over 40 years.
Today, Conair is a world leader in aerial forest fire fighting, with integral support by our team of highly skilled and well trained people. Our goal is to continually hire, train and retain great people who are leaders in their discipline.
Every person on the Conair team is completely engaged in contributing to the success of our customers. We are proud of what we do, and we recognize that we participate in a vital public service of protecting timber resources, property and lives.
Accountant Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accountant is responsible for various accounting and reporting functions within the accounting group, in adherence to recognized accounting practices, principles and company policy. As a member of the Accounting group, this position provides support to the Accounting team, and other departments of the Company as required.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Corporate accounting support, including bank reconciliations, GST/PST remittances;
- Accounting for Conair joint venture;
- Payroll and benefits accounting;
- Assist with preparation of the consolidated monthly financial statements;
- Assist with financial statement variance analysis;
- Accounting support for foreign operations;
- Assist with lead sheet and working paper preparation for year-end;
- Assist in the budgeting process;
- Assist the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager as required;
- Provide support for AP and AR;
- Conduct special accounting projects as required;
- Other related duties as required;
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to obtain, organize, and analyze large amounts of electronic information;
- Ability to perform variance analysis and reconciliations;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required;
- Exposure to consolidation and joint venture accounting;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize, meet tight deadlines, work independently and in a team environment, and problem solve;
- Excellent oral and written communication, with a demonstrated customer focus;
Training & Education:
- Suitable candidate will be a senior level CGA/CMA student;
- A minimum of three to five years of full-cycle accounting; experience;
- Experience with multi-entity, multi-currency accounting software;
- Experience with payroll and benefits accounting;
- Experience with job costing, work order and inventory management systems;
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via email by August 13, 2013.
Conair is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginals, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.