Con-way

Con-way Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good hours, great managment
Cons: only a temporary position
Con-way was a great place to work. A typical day was always busy, as there was freight coming in from US and all over Canada. All co-workers were awesome, everyone had all work assessed accordingly. The hardest part was learning to deal with the US side of the business being a Canadian. The best part of the job the data entry, as always.
Transport and operate equipment load unloading .
Longhaul truck trailer driver and operator (Current Employee), State of KuwaitJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: enough 30 minute
Cons: must be paid regular daily hour according by law moredone that overtime pay.
Load unload and operate equipment doing to stucking soil or stone.all kind of dumptruck loading all kind of soil or stone.must be load in safety procedure to aware possible accident.
Exciting place to learn the industry
CITY DRIVER PICKUP AND DELIVERY / LINEHAUL (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: friendliest team and excellent management
Cons: wages could increase in the ltl industry
A typical day at work would include loading LTL freight into the trailers, hooking up a set of 3 trailers and driving it to a meet and turn
i.e.) Sweet grass, MT from Calgary, AB and Back.
I have learned quite a bit from this company including how to deal with customs documents and learning how to handle different types of freight being handled especially – more... the dangerous goods.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
Most enjoyable part would definitely be getting to know your customers and establishing a bond with them to maintain a good image for your company and yourself. – less
Fast pace environment.
Truck Driver/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windsor ONJuly 8, 2013
Pros: profit sharing.
Cons: sometimes work was overwhelming.
Unload incoming freight, and re-load for local deliveries.
Each day was different.
Some co-worker a pleasure to work with, others were more difficult.
Hardest part of the job was trying to maneuver a 48' trailer in downtown streets.
Management was there for support.
Good company
Driver Sales Rep (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: you earn ur pay
Picking up and delivering frieght, working frieght on dock and breaking and loading trailers.
nice environment. No hours.
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Gary, INOctober 22, 2014
Nice work pace, a lot of team work involved. Management is mediocre. Hardest part of the job is the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning of freight.
Professional Appearance but non existent integrity or honesty within Mgnt
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Fremont, INOctober 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: young mgrs, mgrs have never driven or been on the road, mgr were ever taught the importance of honesty.
Work consisted of normal Freight Handling, loading unloading and transfer of freight. Equipment was in good working order, and safety was a constant reminder. Co-Workers and FOS's were great people and easy to work with . Most everyone has the team attitude. Mgmt literally could not speak the truth. Constantly caught manager level supervisors giving – more... lip service and then it was generally bad information in which they would not stand behind. Great pay, good benefits, tons of hours you definitely earn your money. – less
very productive and a cool place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Gary, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the over time
Cons: winter storms but i can handle it.
The management team and Co-workers really where nice and some real team players.
looking for a 3rd shift position
Truck driver (Former Employee), Conover, NCOctober 13, 2014
I am hard working and I come do my job and if asked to do more I will do. I like working with people who have the same ambition I have. The hardest part of my job is leaving early because we are slow. the most enjoyable part of the job I get to do what I like to do.
Productive and Welcoming Cozy Workplace
Biller Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Carson, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: heavy data entry quota, scheduling needing improvement
A typical day at work involved arriving late afternoon to begin answering customer phone inquiries for an hour or two while trying to achieve incoming driver bill processing into freight bills for the outbound deliveries, bill quota, assist callers with ETA regarding nightly deliveries, then finishing the last three hours getting all the bills finished – more... and counted before leaving. Management for what it is does ok being all male and surviving within the confines of the small office (in comparison to other Con-way local branch offices) against all female billers/CS reps. That noted, like all of us - it has room for improvement and mainly with scheduling as the beginning of the year months work there was so slow there wasn't enough work to even keep me scheduled but possibly there isn't a fix for that (I don't know). The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is a pretty cohesive group though at Con-way which aside from occasional heavy/stressful bill load makes it a pleasant company to work for. The hardest part of the job and one thing that should be cautioned though is the Heavy Data Entry part of the job description. Unfortunately during my time with the company it meant HEAVY to the point of 80% of the billers all requiring being professionally medically treated for wrist/arm pain due to the physical strain of that requirement. I don't know what the current situation is, but hopefully that rate has been since attended to accordingly and with proper care so they girls are doing better. If not hopefully the right people read this and take action to do so. : ) Not sure if the Job Culture got its stars above but I give it 4/5 for a total of 25/30 stars overall. – less
Not A Good Place To Work !
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOOctober 9, 2014
Conway isn't the best place to work, when I worked there I got less than 1000 miles a week. Very poor mileage, and there is nothing professional about that !
Very friendly open company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Fargo, NDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: easy going work
Everyone was so friendly and helpful no negativity at all. work at your own pace.
Business to Business collections with assigned accounts and with a lot of good people to work with and know.
Collection/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: they were close to my home, the people were great and freindly.
Cons: there is always a squeaky wheel in any company that feels they are better than everyone else.
To work assigned accounts, deal with shipping issues and making sure that each bill that is sent out is correct.
I learned how to analyze the bill vs. the contract to make sure that the bill is correct.
As far as management goes they were no better or no worse than other companies.
The co-workers were great and I still count many as friends today.
The – more... hardest part was having to not only following company rules regarding the mailing of bills but there were also some big companies that set their own rule that we were required to follow.
When working with companies regarding the collection of past due bills they were friendly and easy to deal with. – less
fun and fast pace
Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2014
laid back work environment, work is pretty consistent and very easy to catch on to
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: lunch and 2 breaks, health benefits
Cons: long hours
Fast Paced work enviornment. good management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to complete the jobs in the time that was needed for the truck drivers to be efficient at their job.
Conway
Sr. Mechanic (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pto, sick days, tool allowance, payed training
Cons: shift hours are not the best.
-8 Hour Shift with half hour lunch
-Learned as much as they supply me, with tractor, trailer, dolly & forklift Repairs/Maintenance.
-Sr Mechanic & power Tech
-Management is good, They will work with you on anything that is in your need and teach you everything you possibly need to know.
-Co-workers are good, Some like to cause drama, but If you stay – more... working and ignore the issues, its no problems
-Hardest part is my shift- Looking for Day shift, I work swings or Graves, hard for a family.
-Love my job due to safety, and have a good company to grow with, with all the learning they provide. – less
excellent work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i learned alot
Cons: n/a
answer phone,faxing, filing,microsoft suite, emailing,and data entry
Good Place to work and great people to work with
Trailer/Tire Technician (Former Employee), Joplin, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Co-workers were great people to work with and that was probably the best thing about working there. It was a great job and had no problems as long as u stayed focused and did your job and kept up with the work load.
Long work day, long work week
Driver/dock (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough family time
8 to 9 hours a day drive time and 3 to 4 hours dock time. Learned how to transport different material and load and unload trailers. All the workers worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, and how well we all worked together.
great co workers
Dsr city driver, dock mule (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: we ate good
Cons: no brakes, treated like dirt at the fac
Watch your back and keep you mouth shut, lots of gossip, co workers made this job nice....

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more