Compuware Corporation

Compuware Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Compuware Corporation is a leading information technology performance company providing IT services, solutions and IT software
Data Analyst/DBA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide.
Routine, not room for career growth
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 4, 2014
- product based company with legacy design which is hard to change due to supporting many big customers.
- complex business rules with continues addition of features.
- hard to catch up the latest trends and state of the art technologies
Superb software, great group of people
Vantage Product Specialist, IT Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: superb people, enterprise sales, tremendous technical growth
Cons: not enough hours in a day, too many management changes
Working with enterprise clients each and every day. What their needs were, what they needed most. Understanding how the Compuware solution could benefit their business and give them a superb ROI. I learned all about enterprise sales as it related to software and services.The management when I started was superb but as Y2K came to an end so did the management – more... support and growth opportunities. A superb bunch of co-workers, many of which I still stay in touch with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist every business with our solution. The solution was not what they were looking for or their budget would not support our solution. When we did match up on all points the client was thrilled with our solution and we did make a difference to their business. – less
IT Professionals
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 4, 2014
Hard workers. Many internal changes. Fast paced environment. Renewed contracts for services.
This was my favorite job
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 26, 2014
I had an internship, but I loved this job. It was the greatest.
Ups and downs
Systems Designer Developer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 9, 2014
getting foot in the door, but being stuck in non-competitive wages while advancing career.
Loved the challenges of the job.
Customer Service Representative / Instructor (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: looked forward to going to work each day.
Cons: product was sold to another company and was downsized.
Good job. Enjoyed helping customers through their problems and the onsite training.
Teacher - From (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 22, 2014
Learned about many ways of teaching. Great place to work,and a great working environment.
Good tools and people
Manager of Methods & Practices (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 25, 2014
Very good PS practice.
Tough culture, sales oriented product development.
Excellent Diversity of Skillsets and Intelligent Employees
Network Engineer III (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 19, 2014
Compuware Corporation was an excellent organization to be a part of, for a large time in my career. As a contractor within the Professional Services Organization, I was able to work for multiple companies and industries within the Detroit Metro area, yet have the support of internal corporate employees. As a contractor, I was mainly, more-so, a part – more... of the company and department which I was contracted to, but also able to dialogue with internal Compuware employees, and have access to corporate resources. I had the opportunity to take on challenging contract positions, and was offered even more opportunities as my contract end dates were approaching. However, I often stayed on long past my original end dates, since my contracts were often extended for many years. I was able to bond with many employees within the companies to which I contracted, and learn from a great number of these people, as well as my fellow corporate employees. Working for Compuware was a great opportunity since I always had the chance to take on new challenges, learn new skills, and enhance all of my original knowledge. There were almost no typical days at the office, since there was always something new to do or learn. As a contractor, I always said that my job is to 'eliminate my job by teaching others how to do it', but it was often 'sweet-sorrow' to complete a contract and move on to the next challenge. – less
A great place to go to work. I was empowered and trusted to do my job. That made it worth my time and energy.
Lead Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at Compuware, for me, includes opening and closing the office, routing incoming calls, working directly with all vendors, reconciling revenue for billed clients, relaying communications from various sources to the entire office in a fashion germane to everyone, resolving low-level, internal IT issues in tandem with our corporate office--basically, – more... running the office and supporting all departmental needs within it.
In my seven years, I've learned how to juggle a lot more at once than I thought I could, and my analytical skills have expanded through my cyclical duties that require me to maintain an awareness of needs to come on weekly, monthly and quarterly bases. The people there have taught me a new level of language, geared for the IT industry, and it's been fascinating to learn how to work with so many who are brilliant in different ways from each other.
The hardest part of the job has been those stretches of time when I wasn't learning something new fast enough. The most enjoyable part, as I alluded to above, has been the people. I will miss them all. – less
Business unit acquired
Sales Executive-Southern California/Arizona (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: strong commitment to employees
Cons: experiencing some termoil as the company is "re-made".
Compuware is a fine company, but my business unit was sold. Management has been forced to adjust to the expectations of the investment community, so cost cutting is the norm.
Uncertenty
Sales Executive-Southern California/Arizona (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: benifis
Cons: layoffs
They are trying to focus on their core products, but still a work inj progress..
Enjoy Working everyday
Mobile Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2014
I love working here! Get to work on Latest in Mobile. I love the challenges that we face and take a systematic approach to solve it.
Great Company
Pentaho Administrator (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2014
Great company, I hope it survives the troubled times it is going through.
Great company to work for
Meaningful Use/Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great work culture
Cons: sold my business unit
Excellent company to work for but my division has been sold to the Marlin Group. Unsure about the immediate changes that will occur.
A Great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 30, 2013
Pros: a productive environment
Cons: healthcare and 401k
A very busy environment and a great working with Vice President and Associates. There were event for birthdays and baby showers.
Cafeteria
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 17, 2013
The manager I had was not very nice. She blantanly played favorites and did not personally teach me anything. She pushed me off on other employees all the time. I was just an intern, but I expected to learn more. My favorite part about being at Compuware was the wonderful cafeteria. All your favorites in one spot.
Old school culture with new ideas
DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SALES PERFORMANCE (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2013
Great team of sales management to work with. Developed many life-long friends here.
Computer consulting firm that consulted to the financial industry.
Computer Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: the management appreciated the employees ane it was very professional.r
Cons: i can't think of any
I worked as a computer consultant to develop software solutions for banks.
I would report to my assigned project at the customer location. I would interface with the customer and keep them abreast of my progress. I would work with other people on the project sometimes my coworkers were from my consulting firm or from the customers people. I really enjoyed – more... working with the people on the teams I worked with.I made a lot of friends.
I learned project management skills and I took a lot of training classes offered by the company.

The company management would meet with me once a month to review my assignment and to see how things were going – less

1 2 3

About Compuware Corporation

Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology – Read more