Compuware Corporation

Compuware Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Compuware Corporation is a leading information technology performance company providing IT services, solutions and IT software
Data Analyst/DBA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide.
Routine, not room for career growth
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 4, 2014
- product based company with legacy design which is hard to change due to supporting many big customers.
- complex business rules with continues addition of features.
- hard to catch up the latest trends and state of the art technologies
Superb software, great group of people
Vantage Product Specialist, IT Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: superb people, enterprise sales, tremendous technical growth
Cons: not enough hours in a day, too many management changes
Working with enterprise clients each and every day. What their needs were, what they needed most. Understanding how the Compuware solution could benefit their business and give them a superb ROI. I learned all about enterprise sales as it related to software and services.The management when I started was superb but as Y2K came to an end so did the management – more... support and growth opportunities. A superb bunch of co-workers, many of which I still stay in touch with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist every business with our solution. The solution was not what they were looking for or their budget would not support our solution. When we did match up on all points the client was thrilled with our solution and we did make a difference to their business. – less
It is a great company to work for
Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), DetroitNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good stable organization
It was a great organization with good management and vision. Enjoyed working with various clients in various roles.
Too many managers, too few developers
Software Developer (Former Employee), DetroitOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: confused and in adept management
Great location in the middle of Detroit, downtown.
Too many managers who manage too few developer resources.

Office life is mixed. Sometimes its slow, sometimes extremely busy. But flexible working hours.
N/A
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 14, 2014
Great Atmosphere .. I learned alot ..
I was able to learn Java ; HTML
My coworkers are very encouraging and very smart ..
The people were great to work with
Department Specialist II (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 6, 2014
I've learned a lot here. This is a large company, making a lot of changes, like most. The one thing that I like about this job is I was allowed to access my position and make /changes/suggestions on better ways to save time, and train the employees on more accurate ways to use there time while doing expenses. The most enjoyable part of this job was – more... working independently and the hardest part will be leaving my co-workers who have become family to me. But some time you outgrow things, and the time has come. – less
Little direction.
Senior Account Manager/Branch Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, Lansing MISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great pay plan
Cons: to much travel
Managed over thirty developers, managed five major accounts great pay plan. Depended on the big three auto makers and revenues fell fast and quota's came up.
Pretty On the Surface...
Contract Administrator/ Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great amenities in hq
Cons: poor career development/advancement opportunities
A beautiful building in a great downtown location but the company was headed in the wrong direction...why: poor management. I was not at all surprised when it was sold to a private equity firm...I feel bad for the firm that bought it...too little too late...

The culture however was fabulous...great amenities in building!
Great place to work for
QA Analyst II (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2014
Typical work day involves dealing with co-workers from other countries.
IT Professionals
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 4, 2014
Hard workers. Many internal changes. Fast paced environment. Renewed contracts for services.
This was my favorite job
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 26, 2014
I had an internship, but I loved this job. It was the greatest.
Ups and downs
Systems Designer Developer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 9, 2014
getting foot in the door, but being stuck in non-competitive wages while advancing career.
Loved the challenges of the job.
Customer Service Representative / Instructor (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: looked forward to going to work each day.
Cons: product was sold to another company and was downsized.
Good job. Enjoyed helping customers through their problems and the onsite training.
Teacher - From (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 22, 2014
Learned about many ways of teaching. Great place to work,and a great working environment.
Good tools and people
Manager of Methods & Practices (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 25, 2014
Very good PS practice.
Tough culture, sales oriented product development.
Excellent Diversity of Skillsets and Intelligent Employees
Network Engineer III (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 19, 2014
Compuware Corporation was an excellent organization to be a part of, for a large time in my career. As a contractor within the Professional Services Organization, I was able to work for multiple companies and industries within the Detroit Metro area, yet have the support of internal corporate employees. As a contractor, I was mainly, more-so, a part – more... of the company and department which I was contracted to, but also able to dialogue with internal Compuware employees, and have access to corporate resources. I had the opportunity to take on challenging contract positions, and was offered even more opportunities as my contract end dates were approaching. However, I often stayed on long past my original end dates, since my contracts were often extended for many years. I was able to bond with many employees within the companies to which I contracted, and learn from a great number of these people, as well as my fellow corporate employees. Working for Compuware was a great opportunity since I always had the chance to take on new challenges, learn new skills, and enhance all of my original knowledge. There were almost no typical days at the office, since there was always something new to do or learn. As a contractor, I always said that my job is to 'eliminate my job by teaching others how to do it', but it was often 'sweet-sorrow' to complete a contract and move on to the next challenge. – less
A great place to go to work. I was empowered and trusted to do my job. That made it worth my time and energy.
Lead Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at Compuware, for me, includes opening and closing the office, routing incoming calls, working directly with all vendors, reconciling revenue for billed clients, relaying communications from various sources to the entire office in a fashion germane to everyone, resolving low-level, internal IT issues in tandem with our corporate office--basically, – more... running the office and supporting all departmental needs within it.
In my seven years, I've learned how to juggle a lot more at once than I thought I could, and my analytical skills have expanded through my cyclical duties that require me to maintain an awareness of needs to come on weekly, monthly and quarterly bases. The people there have taught me a new level of language, geared for the IT industry, and it's been fascinating to learn how to work with so many who are brilliant in different ways from each other.
The hardest part of the job has been those stretches of time when I wasn't learning something new fast enough. The most enjoyable part, as I alluded to above, has been the people. I will miss them all. – less
Business unit acquired
Sales Executive-Southern California/Arizona (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: strong commitment to employees
Cons: experiencing some termoil as the company is "re-made".
Compuware is a fine company, but my business unit was sold. Management has been forced to adjust to the expectations of the investment community, so cost cutting is the norm.
Uncertenty
Sales Executive-Southern California/Arizona (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: benifis
Cons: layoffs
They are trying to focus on their core products, but still a work inj progress..

1 2 3

About Compuware Corporation

Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology – Read more