Computershare

Computershare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GOOD COMPANY
Quality (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 29, 2014
Overall a good company, not outstanding. Its very typical and not too dynamic.
People are very easy to work with
Great place to work!
Systems Developer (Former Employee), Richmond HillMay 26, 2014
Pros: great location with excellent outdoors for lunch/break walks
Cons: not easily accessible without a car/gta pass
a typical day at work
- Open up team foundation server to check for new tasks
- If new task is available, start new while working on existing tasks
- If no new tasks, finish existing tasks and let manager know of availability

what you learned
- That a job can actually be fun if you find great coworkers!

management
- Very caring and friendly management

your – more... co-workers
- Supporting and educative

the hardest part of the job
- Having to re-learn an older technology

the most enjoyable part of the job
- Working as a team – less
Great place to work but dont get promoted
Investors admin (Former Employee), montrealMarch 26, 2013
Pros: salary, made alot of friends at start
Cons: upper management
It was a great place to work as an entry customer service agent but once you got promoted you had to deal with the upper management people were ridiculous. Was told I wasn't allowed to talk to my old colleagues that work in customer service because it would "destroy our image".
Learned a lot about securities industry
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 18, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: 30 minute lunches, employee stats were emailed to everyone daily
A typical day consisted of answering a multitude of calls from brokers and shareholders regarding various securities.

I learned a lot about the stock market including the types of corporate actions that take place etc.

Management was apathetic in terms of the stress involved for the employees.

Co-workers, for the most part, were amiable however all – more... of one's time was spent on the phone so there wasn't much time to get to know one another.

The hardest part of the job was that it did not feel as if those in charge were backing the employees.

The salary was the best part of the job but, in my opinion, not worth the stress of the job. – less
Laid Back
Image Associate (Former Employee), TexasNovember 6, 2014
Very laid back in the image center, can't really advance but, it's a great job.
Company is flexible
Client Service Admin (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: job flexibility - work from home to be with family
Cons: compensation
Management is flexible and easy to communicate with.

Job may sometimes be pretty hectic with deadlines.

co-workers are very friendly.
Dynamic fast growing business with emphasis on Operational Business Change Management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Bristol, ENGOctober 31, 2014
Pros: happy to discuss further.
Cons: happy to discuss further
The share plan implementations reinforced my understanding of the benefits of a methodical PM structure where there exists very disparately operating delivery streams; ensuring visibility of responsibilities and dependencies.

Computershare provided me with exposure to system configuration and operational change projects as opposed to pure software – more... development projects with smaller technical delivery teams. Networking across a large number of delivery streams operating in a complex environment was vital, in a dynamic and rewarding business. – less
great health insurance
Trade Specialist Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no bonus
an ok company to work for it has great benefits. No upward mobility
Computershare had excellent benefits and salary and both the employees and management appreciated the effort I put into my position
Receptionist (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 8, 2014
Every day was different, the most enjoyable aspect of it were the visitors that came to the office and my ability to find someone who could help them
Was given opportunity to pursue my goals and advance
Manager, Investor Relations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Computershare is an Australian based company and I was afforded the opportunity to learn and advance my skills while managing a group of managers.
Always very busy with financial market changes
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee), Bristol, ENGSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good rates of pay
Cons: to far to travel daily
Did not have much of a chance to interact with the team as the telephone lines were always busy.
Productive work area with chances of growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 30 or 1 hour lunch breaks with two 15 mins break was an employees choice.
Cons: that my department was moved to tx.
My typical day at work was coming in to work and knowing exactly what I was doing for the day, which its what I like. I took over 90 calls a day assisting shareholders with their accounts, buy and/or sell shares inquiries, assisted employees with their shares and accounts as well mainly for JP Morgan. I took wire transfer instructions for oversees shareholders – more... and transfered to leads for processing. In rare cases I would have to escalate calls to leads or create cases for back office investigations. I learned how to work the system very quickly and how to be more of a people person in this experience. My coworkers were all great people who I got along with very well. The hardest part of my job was always the irrate customers who would call in and yelling and calling you all types of names, something I learned to understand. The most enjoyable part of my job was I liked coming into work and didnt have to wait for anyone to tell me what I had to do for the day like you would have to in retail work. – less
looking forward to talking with clients
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Canton, MAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: talking with coworkers and clients
Cons: not able to keep calls within guidelines
answering questions about accounts, sales of stocks, make adjustments, send out statements, 1099's met some great people f
Productive Work Environment
Service Desk Technician (Contract) (Former Employee), Canton, MAAugust 11, 2014
Productive Work Environment, Good Team Environment, Good work/life balance
Structured work place
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Canton, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: short breaks
I answer any questions or concearns that a shareholder might have about their account
assist with selling and instruct on how to but stock.
i also help shareholder get access to their online account.
enrol them in different plans
Reconciliations
Share Reconciliations II (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2014
• Daily balancing employee’s stock option and common shares with each client’s nominee
• Document unresolved or exposed shares by emailing to the Investment Services
• Submit request to correct shareholders’ account such as missing purchased shares or share-shortage
• Request to purchase or sell small amounts .777 or less to balance shareholders’ accounts.
 – more... Daily communications with outside transfer agents who balances the nominee for our employees plans. – less
Good benefits and salary
Floor Support Supervisor/Client Service Associate (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 14, 2014
They have good benefits and salary but don't expect to be promoted unless you are in good with the management. Keeping your head down and doing your job well does not get you anywhere in this company.
It was productive, fun and lots of potential
Call centre agent (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 1, 2014
Pros: given half day for being a top agent
I enjoyed working for them, as I could feel they was room for growth. In the short time I was there I gained, learnt alot. I made good friends and learnt to be responsible
Escalation/Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: close to home
It was a great experience working at Computershares, unfortunately the company moved to Texas.
Co-workers made regimented workplace fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers fun, being able to fully assist the client.
Cons: constant monitoring, short lunches, very little job diversity.
We take calls on a per available basis,. calls are to be taken constantly unless on a break, lunch, or the 7 mins of personal time they give you.

I learned so much more about the financial aspects and the stock market than the little to no information I had before. It also greatly developed my customer service skills more by learning to de-escalate – more... calls based on the situation, and knowing that I could assist them to do almost everything they needed to do with the information i was taught.

My co-workers are what kept me at the job. There are great people that work there, who are active and knowledgeable and are great at what they do. I was able to ask them for assistance when I was stuck.

One of the hardest parts of the job was the constant monitoring. They closely track what your doing, how long you do it, and you have to always notify them if you intend to change activities (i.e. personal time, break, lunch, or after a call to write notes about it). You really have no choice but to take calls all day, there is no variety in the call center.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the customer got the assistance they needed. When you are able to do something for them that the previous representatives couldn't do. The satisfaction from hearing the praise or joy in their voice really made the job worthwhile. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Computershare

It's 10:00 PM -- do you know where your share values are? Computershare can probably help. The company provides investor services – Read more