Computer Sciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
For the right person.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Very friendly work environment, great managers and coworkers. Extremely restrictive movement monitored constantly, professional courtesy is not part of policy.
Contractor conundrums
Information System Architect/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Nice co-workers
Cons: Management and HR totally useless
Difficult to be respected by client. Suggestions were often scoffed at. Eventually they kicked CSC out and brought HCL in. They are now missing CSC!!
Fun work place with supportive management. Employee Friendly. Strong leadership.
Associate Professional - System Administrator (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Work Culture, Incentives, Ethics
Cons: Less hikes and promotions
Work day at office is just normal and cool. I have learnt a lot of stuff being at CSC from corporate culture to technical knowledge.
Management is really very awesome. Work Culture is employee friendly. CSC follows strict ethics policies. The best part about CSC is it's work culture and employee friendly environment.
Heavily matrixed organization with a lot of great people
Workforce Planning (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Heavily matrixed; frequent management and business reorganizations
CSC is undergoing a great deal of business and organizational changes. They recently split into two companies - federal and commercial. My focus was the commercial side for the Americas region. This included many of CSC largest accounts such as General Dynamics, AT&T, etc. My focus was primarily new business pursuits and the expected resource needs once contracts were won.
The challenges revolved around the lack of effective communication between the sales and delivery organizations. Success was faciliating those communications and helping the delivery organizations with forecasting their potential resource demand and supply over a rolling 12-18 month period - taking into consideration other factors such as attrition, client reductions, etc. This allowed the delivery organizations to proactively plan resource needs vs react.
Wonderful Working Environment
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), NOIDA, IndiaJanuary 21, 2016
CSC being my first company provided me with wonderful exposure to the professional environment.
I was part of Pre-sales team, I got to work under and with the guidance of professional colleagues . It was a great learning experience with CSC.
Company have some pros and cons, Feel good to start with CSC
Product developer (Current Employee), Indore, Madhya PradeshJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: environment, flexibility
Cons: less interaction, food
Every day is typical at work because challenging work seems to be typical and efforts make them easy at end of the day. Learned a lot and groomed my skills as much as I can. Management is awesome but some flaws are there which can be ignored. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. Every one wants to get praise with money and promotion if he/she put their best in the whole year but if bell-curve ruin them at time of appraisal that's the hardest part of job. Being a workaholic person, I enjoyed my work that the most favorite part of doing job.
Fun and laid back place
senior business analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Great clients
Cons: Low compensation
CSC is a good place to work. Good work life balance. Fun and laid back culture. Considerate with needs of the associates.
Big
Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: relaxed workplace
Cons: usually short on work and senior managers are trying to make a buck
The higher ups are just trying to make money. Raises are slim even with the best appraisals.

Seems to be challenging for some groups, seems to be lack of work in other groups.
Good Working Environment.
Senior Professional - Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Good Working Environment and pay.
Learning curve is high and improves skillset with internal training.
Good Management and leadership.
excellent company to work with
senior software engineer (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Enjoyed working in CSC. IT provides a good work and life balance. Also the project has multiple things to learn. Technical teachings and learning in CSC is ample. Good company to grow.
Not a healthy work-life balance
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee), Bossier city, LAJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Good healthcare
Cons: deceptive job descriptions, dynamic matrix-based groups
CSC is a matrix-based organization. You're not always on the same team, and the timezone factors aren't always considered. I've seen on several occasions where the job description was "stretched" to get people in the door.
Great place to start your career
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Cons: Vacation Policy Sucks
Great place to start your career but not a good place to grow. There has been a lot of job cuts. Management is reasonable in terms of productivity from the employees. Co-worker are nice
Poor Management and Communication
Sr. Support Rep (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2015
Cons: Low Morale
The company is only financial minded, they have taken on a client that they can't properly accommodate and the employees have to make excuses for the incapability of the company. All they are concerned with are having bodies there to take the calls. The communication is awful and the morale is very low. Hard to keep employees.
SAP BI/BW support and implementation consultent
Developer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 20, 2015
Joined as a fresher.CSC helped me to grow in all aspects
Good to work with CSC.technically personally learned.Good organization to work
Good overall
Onsite QA Lead & Analyst (Former Employee), MichiganOctober 14, 2015
Very good work life balance at work place. Decent place to work even with little politics here and there but not a bad work place.
No benefits and appraisals are poor but yes, Ping pong table is there.
Business Analyst, Financial Services (Former Employee), Indore, IndiaSeptember 28, 2015
I regret working for CSC. It was good experience (as I learned to play ping pong there) but it could have been much much better. What you want from your first company is growth in both skills and finances. But here, you won't get any of the two. Also, appraisals were poor and they don't work on increasing employee motivation.
Productive and Work/life balance with CSC
Working as a Programmer Analyst Professional. (Current Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 5, 2015
Productive and Work/life balance with CSC.CSC is process oriented company.Working culture in CSC is very good.Employee friendly management.
I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Noida, UPAugust 27, 2015
I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years Great place to work.
Client facing role. Challenging projects.
SETA Services
Manager: Program (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Multiple competing, high priority tasks
A typical day at work revolves around my desk, as a people manager and task lead in addition to my client facing responsibilities, a majority of my day is spent either on the phone generating documents or answering emails.

In this job I've learned what my best attributes are and how to apply them to my career on a daily basis, I've learned that you may not always need to know the answer, but as long as you can admit that and take the action to find out the answer you will be successful.

Management has greatly improved during my time here, over the last several years several layers of management have been removed. My visibility into senior leadership is now greater than at any other point in my career.

My co-workers are competent, pleasant and always willing to lend a hand as needed.

The hardest part of my job is trying to balance everything, however, by maintaining a checklist and scheduling my time in a manner that allows me to handle everything I have been able to manage this part of the job.
Really good if you work hard
Postgraduate Academic Degree (Computer Sciences) (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14August 12, 2015
Pros: Pay is good as long as you strive to for the department KPI, The upper management believes in the company and the employees
Cons: Fast paced environment with a leadership team that understand the business
Flexible schedule and it is hard work work, but very enjoyable. Access to multiple area of the business, products, and program allow for huge personal and professional growth. Over the last year business has been reshaped to include working with new product categories and new programs.