This is a full-time permanent position.
Position Summary and Essential Responsibilities:
CMG is seeking a Reservoir Simulation Scientist/Engineer specialized in gridding techniques for reservoir simulation.
In this position a successful candidate will be responsible for the research, development and testing of robust methods for generating unstructured grids for CMG’s simulators, deriving the flow coefficients between grid cells and assisting in the visualization of those grids.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in gridding for reservoir simulation, including corner-point grids
- Experience in generating unstructured grids
- Experience with 3D reservoir modeling and visualization
- Experience in computer graphics
- Experience with reservoir simulation applications
- Experience with the FORTRAN or C++ programming languages
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- PhD degree in Mathematics or Computer Sciences
If you have the above qualifications, and are interested in a challenging career with us, please forward us your resume.
CMG is a Canadian-based computer software technology and consulting company serving the oil and gas industry. We specialize in advanced recovery processes, helping our clients generate greater returns from their oil and gas assets.
Recognized worldwide as a leading developer of reservoir flow modeling software, CMG has five sales and technical support offices worldwide to service our blue chip client base of over 540 international oil companies and technology centers in more than 56 countries.
With frequent credit in technical and investor publications, some of CMG's recent accolades include:
- 2011 Calgary Choice Awards Nominee – Best Employer Over 30 Employees
- 2011 Branham 300 – Top 25 Canadian Software Companies and Top 100 Technology Companies in Canada
- 2011 Canadian Business Investor 500 (top 15 Canadian companies for 5 year return)
- 2011 Profit 200 list of Canada's fastest growing companies
- 2010 TechRev Innovators – Recognized in the top 10 innovators for 2010
- 2009 ASTech Award for Outstanding Commercial Achievement in Science and Technology